Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 17: Post Game whatever : Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 48379 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 17: Post Game whatever : Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #15
We had 12 kids 21 and under today....and played like it.

Next.

Reply #16
Worked so hard really to get back into the game.
Levi dropping an easy mark 45 out changed the momentum.
Had he taken it, gone back and slotted the goal like any other decent forward, we would’ve been right back in the contest, 
Ran out of steam late on due to bring 2 down, thus the blow out in the score in the last 10 minutes.

Reply #17
Bolts ain’t going anywhere.

I hope not. Sacking him is a band aid solution, which we have tried unsuccessfully a few times already.

Reply #18
The Hawks are not the same team as a few years back, but they still have a decent number of premiership players, a decent number of 100-200 gamers, a 4 time premiership coach, and of course, their secret weapon, super coach Ratts.

I could never understand why some folks thought this was a winnable game.

Reply #19
Levi was pathetic. Looked disinterested and falls over most times he’s anywhere near it.
Coach was poor.
We started terribly with our disposal killing us.
We look like weak kids. We need some serious physicality

We are weak kids...and lack the physicality to compete.
Polson is a classic example.. that last tackle where he was caught he was running at speed.
Would a 22 year old Polson bust right through that...That will be the test of whether some of these blokes stay on our list.

We'll get some improvement from these striplings as they bulk up...whether it's enough will reflect on Silvagni's list management.
Just looking at some of them though you wonder whether they have the genetic make-up to come up much bigger.

Polson was better today...Improvement is all you can ask.
Keep improving and you keep your place.
Liked Lobbe's game and Kennedy will get better and be useful with consistent game time.
Silvagni has his limitations but you can't fault his effort.
Weitering was also better today, apart from his woeful kick in and one time he was run down, but he looked a lot more confident..
Marchbank had one terrible shot at goal but I'd like to see him spend a bit more time forward to get a real judgement.
Murphy appeared to get a lot of the ball but I didn't notice much of an impact from him.

Where are we at the moment?...I'm buggered if I know.
I can understand what's trying to be achieved..but I think we're coming up short in a few areas.
Bolton gets another 12 months but if we're in a similar position in July 2019 he'll probably be looking for another job.
Silvagni should also be on notice as the team will be very much his list by the end of next year.

Reply #20

We are one of the worst teams in history.

Need to bring in some experience but not at the expense of our top draft picks.

I would even bring in 30 year old players to help in the short term as we're not going to lure anyone in their prime.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #21

I would even bring in 30 year old players to help in the short term as we're not going to lure anyone in their prime.

Statistically we could end up the worst team in our history....the thing is, there is a large percentage of our team that has their best football ahead of them.
I agree we need some mature bodies and that should be a priority this trade draft period....and I'm not sure we can achieve that without sacrificing some picks.

I do think this weekend's results make it more likely we will ask for and receive a Priority Pick...and I don't think we'll get as much resistance from other clubs as I thought we'd get a month or two back.

Reply #22
We are weak kids...and lack the physicality to compete.
Polson is a classic example.. that last tackle where he was caught he was running at speed.
Would a 22 year old Polson bust right through that...That will be the test of whether some of these blokes stay on our list.

We'll get some improvement from these striplings as they bulk up...whether it's enough will reflect on Silvagni's list management.
Just looking at some of them though you wonder whether they have the genetic make-up to come up much bigger.

Polson was better today...Improvement is all you can ask.
Keep improving and you keep your place.
Liked Lobbe's game and Kennedy will get better and be useful with consistent game time.
Silvagni has his limitations but you can't fault his effort.
Weitering was also better today, apart from his woeful kick in and one time he was run down, but he looked a lot more confident..
Marchbank had one terrible shot at goal but I'd like to see him spend a bit more time forward to get a real judgement.
Murphy appeared to get a lot of the ball but I didn't notice much of an impact from him.

I can understand what's trying to be achieved..but I think we're coming up short in a few areas.
Bolton gets another 12 months but if we're in a similar position in July 2019 he'll probably be looking for another job.
Silvagni should also be on notice as the team will be very much his list by the end of next year.

re: Polson...got taken high IMO...Mitchell being a name player got the 50/50 his way...
Where are we?...we need a reset on the rebuild.....we have injuries but we dont have enough bigger bodies anyway...eg Matt Shaw
was recruited to provide a bigger body and mature age backup but he looks slender vs the Hawks bigger bodies.
10 players cut and some bigger mature bodies brought in..I looked at the Pies game and at Mihocek who kicked 4 goals and he is that utility type tall we need, big strong body honed in the VFL and at 25 ready to play AFL footy and who can take a hit and give one....
Its not a crime anymore to take players from the VFL/WAFL/SANFL and we need some of these freebies that other teams have the knack of picking up and who can fill some holes on the list..

Reply #23

I agree. We need to find some kind of sweet spot between numpties like O'Shea and Mullet and silk like Shiel etc.

Reply #24
O’Brien improvement; Polson too (from a low base)  Kennedy much better, Weitering more confident. Lobbe competed well. Pay Cripps $1m x 5 years and front end it. Without him, don’t every worry about what we are doing about draft picks and priority pick.

Reply #25
O’Brien improvement; Polson too (from a low base)  Kennedy much better, Weitering more confident. Lobbe competed well. Pay Cripps $1m x 5 years and front end it. Without him, don’t every worry about what we are doing about draft picks and priority pick.

Cripps will sign IMO..I'm more worried he will be too banged up to play as he is now targeted every week.....we need some tougher units to help sort
out his aggressors....Howe should have been dealt with today....

Reply #26
SPS was very good today, head down and arse up in the first half when we were being smashed.
Kennedy pretty good, Cripps as well, Silvagni battled hard and McKay worked hard both ways and showed the he will definitely make the grade.
We won't do anything for the rest of this year, too many injuries that we just can't cover, but I'm happy to see what Bolton can do with a decent crack at it.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #27
Kelli Underwood on Fox described Cripps as 23 but looks 33 due to pressure he is under with us. Yeh ok Kellie and you look 25. Look in the mirror love. Back to radio for you. Sundays are bad enough without this crap.
Pls kick straight Harry

Reply #28
Bolts ain’t going anywhere.
Showed in his first two years when injuries weren’t such an issue that he can coach.
Needs the right support staff around him and a better playing list.

I was firmly in the BB camp until recently. If you can't galvanize a group with their backs to the wall... well, they aren't hearing you.

We can't keep going backwards and seeming unprepared, insipid, with a confusing game plan. These kids need an experienced bloke with his own team of assistants to give the present list something to look forward to next year... not more of the same, nuh.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #29
Kelli Underwood on Fox described Cripps as 23 but looks 33 due to pressure he is under with us. Yeh ok Kellie and you look 25. Look in the mirror love. Back to radio for you. Sundays are bad enough without this crap.

Listened to Whateley on SEN while at the ground. He is a flog and totally anti Carlton and has us in the crosshairs.