Skip to main content
Topic: Round 16 - Blues vs Saints. Pre - Game Thread (Read 20179 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 16 - Blues vs Saints. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #45

Hope Jones wears Murph as tight as he wore Cotchin last week  ;D

EDIT: jones got dropped. Makes sense given Cotchin kicked 5 and had 30 disposals on him.

Fair enough, I don't pay much attention to St Kilda.
So who gets Murph?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #46

EDIT: jones got dropped. Makes sense given Cotchin kicked 5 and had 30 disposals on him.

So who gets Murph?

I'm thinking Weller. Curren tagged him last time but he's not playing either.

Reply #47
Anyone see Doc's interview yesterday where. He said earlier in the year we were taking it easy against lesser teams but we can't do that now?

Couple that with Mick picking out Curnow and criticising outcomes instead of effort/process (works with praise not just criticism)...

I tell you, I think everyone believes we're tanking and we'll bounce back and we probably will early next year and then it will be back to the old crap.

Reply #48

So who gets Murph?

Farren Ray will probably get Gibbs and I reckon someone like Dunstan might get Murphy.....

Reply #49
I'm surprised by McLean still getting a game this week. What I'd like to see is for Brock to sacrifice his game some and concentrate on blocking for Murphy and Gibbs around stoppages, that is now where he can give real value to the team. Get 10-15 touches, 5-10 tackles and open if Murphy get 30+ touches then Brock gets a game again next week.

If Murph get 30+ and Gibbs does the same then we probably win by a good margin as they are two players who do something with the ball. Just imagine if Yarran also got 30+ 8)

Reply #50
Bell is named in the final NBs lineup  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #51
Is anyone missing Saturday Blues games?. I'm sick of playing on Friday, Monday and Sunday.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #52
YEP!

That's one of the big reasons last week was such a poor crowd, it was the third Sunday night game we got this season, the novelty had worn off. Combine that with the crap way the game is being played and umpired, the weather and our seasons results and I'm surprised that there was that many.

A great side note to last weekends game is to know that even with a loss we can still hurt Collingwood. >:D

Reply #53
Anyone see Doc's interview yesterday where. He said earlier in the year we were taking it easy against lesser teams but we can't do that now?

Couple that with Mick picking out Curnow and criticising outcomes instead of effort/process (works with praise not just criticism)...

I tell you, I think everyone believes we're tanking and we'll bounce back and we probably will early next year and then it will be back to the old crap.
Yarran said the same thing as Doc in the paper before we played St Kilda on the Monday night. He mentioned the Melbourne game especially. On what planet do they think we can take any game easily?

Reply #54
YEP!

That's one of the big reasons last week was such a poor crowd, it was the third Sunday night game we got this season, the novelty had worn off. Combine that with the crap way the game is being played and umpired, the weather and our seasons results and I'm surprised that there was that many.

A great side note to last weekends game is to know that even with a loss we can still hurt Collingwood. >:D

Furthermore,  am suffering from something I never thought possible, "footy overload". I can no longer muster interest to watch games of footy, in which Carlton aren't  playing, for more than 5 consecutive mins.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #55
YEP!

Furthermore,  am suffering from something I never thought possible, "footy overload". I can no longer muster interest to watch games of footy, in which Carlton aren't  playing, for more than 5 consecutive mins.

Is it footy overload or crap footy overload?

I found myself enjoying the game last night especially the last quarter, any game with Port I enjoy also and the Brisbane North game last week also kept my interest.

Reply #56
Is anyone missing Saturday Blues games?. I'm sick of playing on Friday, Monday and Sunday.

Definitely. Sunday night games especially sh1te me! I'd love more Sat arvo games at the G.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #57
I almost drove off the road in disbelief when I heard Watson senior say on SEN that our draw was seemingly designed to pull the smallest possible crowd.... The worst scheduling possible.

Unless we start winning and pulling crowds expect an apalling draw and schedule in 2015.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #58
Hopefully we get stuck with the graveyard slot - Saturday afternoon.

Reply #59
Blues to beat Saints by 16 points....no Hayes gives our mids a real advantage and no Clint Jones means Murphy will probably have an eaiser night.
No excuses if we lose this one...