Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 36367 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: General Discussions

Reply #1185
You can and should separate a person's achievements from their beliefs, values etc.

Reply #1186
You can and should separate a person's achievements from their beliefs, values etc.

Like Novak Djokovic?

The hypocrisy is telling in many circumstances.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1187
Like Novak Djokovic?

The hypocrisy is telling in many circumstances.
I don't see any hypocrisy at all, the situation Joker finds himself in has no effect on his tennis standing and is largely unrelated, he uses his tennis in a political perspective. The constraints on his movement and conduct are unrelated to tennis.

In fact I'd say the hypocrisy sits, if it exists at all, in the attitudes of those who think he should be exempt from common laws and rules just because he is a sporting celebrity!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1188
I don't see any hypocrisy at all, the situation Joker finds himself in has no effect on his tennis standing and is largely unrelated, he uses his tennis in a political perspective. The constraints on his movement and conduct are unrelated to tennis.

In fact I'd say the hypocrisy sits, if it exists at all, in the attitudes of those who think he should be exempt from common laws and rules just because he is a sporting celebrity!
I was actually thinking of the public opinion of him pre covid.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson