Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne (Read 27055 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne

Reply #15
Smashed in the middle in the first quarter. Zeibel tagged Cripps. Game over!
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #16
Today there was a clear disconnect from half back through to half forward.

This is what happens when you lose 313 games of experience on one side (Simpson) and a solid contributor on the other side (Newman) and replace them with a first gamer (Stocker) and a bloke who hasn't played an AFL game for over 2 years.

We just couldn't get setup today and move the ball

That's a very good point Kruddler.
You've captured what we could see nicely.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #17
Like I said, I'm Nostradumus...predicted basically every thing that happened today  in the pre-game thread.  Even said it would be over at quarter time.  Am I happy about it - NO - I'm not, but the predictability of it pisses me no end.

Blind Freddy could see what was going to happen - starting with Norths "harder" players flogging us - and that's being polite.  Zurhaar being BOG...really?  REALLY?

I don't see why we continue to play so many what could be politely described as timid at the contest - until we start acquiring some old school hardness we'll continue to be road kill.

Fact is, we are 1 win and too many losses.  Now an utterly non-competitive 10 goal loss to a nothing side....  I've seen enough.  Bolton couldn't coach, or motivate, flies to land on crap.  He's got the players, he's had enough time, but they still ain't winning. The clown has to go.

Just once I'd like to front up at the footy hoping for something like an honourable loss.  Twenty screwING years now.  HOW LONG CARLTON HOW ^$^(%)%ing long do we have to wait to be relevant again?

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
Broadcasters refused to show the injury / incident until they realised he was at least conscious.

Very rare that they would take that stance, so they must've got word very early on that it was very serious. Given it was essentially an in play footballing incident.

FWIW, i rewound it a few times, was he awarded the mark for that because he took it.
Given the North bloke went the bump on him, he is liable for an accidental head clash and the resulting injury?

"If you want to bump, you have to suffer the consequences if a player gets injured"

Lets see if they've softened that stance.

Couldn't understand why the player wasn't cited by the umpire immediately as it's very clear that the North Melbourne player has a duty of care in that contest. Will be a farce if he isn't booked and suspended.

Reply #19

This is what happens when you lose 313 games of experience on one side (Simpson) and a solid contributor on the other side (Newman) and replace them with a first gamer (Stocker) and a bloke who hasn't played an AFL game for over 2 years.

Cunnington and crew beat us up around the ball, there was nothing to connect, we were soft at the contest and lost interest, they were all over us from the first bounce.
We got unlucky playing them after a backs to the wall week from the media and Scott having his job under threat and they know the recipe on how to beat us
from previous games. Once Cripps is under control we cant win and Scott was smart enough to tag him with his two best players until it was junk time, then he didnt care.
Agree Stocker playing his first game wasnt ideal and Williamson probably needed another game in the NB's as he looked off the pace.....

Reply #20

Nuh, not buying it. If only it were that simple... if Simpson and Newman are worth 10+ goals, holy cr@p are we a one dimensional side in deep trouble. If you look closely, from the get go we looked confused, even lethargic at times.

The Kangabies lost a key defender in the 2nd qtr for the game yet it didn't wrinkle their application and ruthless attitude.

Again, when challenged with bona fide pressure we cr@p ourselves, been that way for years... it embedded in our culture now. Opposition sides know it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21

"If you want to bump, you have to suffer the consequences if a player gets injured"

Lets see if they've softened that stance.

He didn't choose to bump, both players had their eyes on the ball with arms cradled to take a mark and had a head clash, not reportable at all.

Reply #22
Cunnington and crew beat us up around the ball, there was nothing to connect, we were soft at the contest and lost interest, they were all over us from the first bounce.
We got unlucky playing them after a backs to the wall week from the media and Scott having his job under threat and they know the recipe on how to beat us
from previous games. Once Cripps is under control we cant win and Scott was smart enough to tag him with his two best players until it was junk time, then he didnt care.
Agree Stocker playing his first game wasnt ideal and Williamson probably needed another game in the NB's as he looked off the pace.....

Agree, totally flogged around the contest.
We got Kennedy to help Cripps in the middle, then play SPS, DOw and Cunningham in there.
We have to spread the load so we aren’t so farking predictable.
Too easy to coach against

Reply #23

Last bit was the only bright side. We got in a game into them on a day we went $hithouse.

Reply #24
It was a Norf player on a CFC player... so its "play on".  Report?    Oh, that's funny, ROFLMAO....  Lucky Jones wasn't free kicked for sheparding off the ball.

Been that way for 20 years.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
He didn't choose to bump, both players had their eyes on the ball with arms cradled to take a mark and had a head clash, not reportable at all.

Agree.....Zurhaar had blood pouring from his head so it was just a bad head clash which can happen, none of our players remonstrated either.

Reply #26
Like I said, I'm Nostradumus...predicted basically every thing that happened today  in the pre-game thread.  Even said it would be over at quarter time.  Am I happy about it - NO - I'm not, but the predictability of it pisses me no end.

Blind Freddy could see what was going to happen - starting with Norths "harder" players flogging us - and that's being polite.  Zurhaar being BOG...really?  REALLY?

I don't see why we continue to play so many what could be politely described as timid at the contest - until we start acquiring some old school hardness we'll continue to be road kill.

Fact is, we are 1 win and too many losses.  Now an utterly non-competitive 10 goal loss to a nothing side....  I've seen enough.  Bolton couldn't coach, or motivate, flies to land on crap.  He's got the players, he's had enough time, but they still ain't winning. The clown has to go.

Just once I'd like to front up at the footy hoping for something like an honourable loss.  Twenty screwING years now.  HOW LONG CARLTON HOW ^$^(%)%ing long do we have to wait to be relevant again?

Yep, the centre was a bit like watching a young amateurs side vs a hardened EDFL side. But what do you do about it? Let's say that we agree that LOB & Marc Murphy are as soft was they come and run from a contest. We could replace them both with Setterfield and Kennedy, but will that help? Only marginally is my guess.

The close in game today suited them, but we couldn't get the ball into space and when we did the running ahead of the ball by our forwards was amateur at best. C Curnow was at one point running away from the drop zone of te kickers in front of him which caused a turnover. Some of these guys aint too bright.

Reply #27
I have nausea ... and vertigo.

The nausea is from the Jones injury.  I hate that part of the game.

The vertigo is from standing here on this ledge waiting for PaulP to talk me down.  Hurry up PP, it's cold out here.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #28
Agree, totally flogged around the contest.
We got Kennedy to help Cripps in the middle, then play SPS, DOw and Cunningham in there.
We have to spread the load so we aren’t so farking predictable.
Too easy to coach against

SPS, Dow, Cuningham, LOB wont be winning too many contested ball vs Cunnington, Ziebell etc......we needed more mongrel types to fight fire with fire, Kennedy and Setterfield are
more likely types to use vs Nth. Like I said before you add a newbie in Stocker and a underdone in Williamson and we looked light on.
Their ins also were handy....Williams, Garner, Simpkin, Higgins made them a better team and we just looked overwhelmed physically.

Reply #29
What a waste of emotional energy. Waited all week for this game. Next 4 games will seal Bolton’s firing: Pies, Giants, Saints, Bombers. 1-10 coming up.

So many passengers. And 60,000 paid up, expecting Members. Time is running out. LP said it best the other day. You can’t have it both ways and not expect criticism if you’re selling such high hopes to expectant Members. Deliver or else.

We need a mature Ruckman and Setterfield and Kennedy in there to help Cripps next week. At least that’ll give us a chance to rest him up forward and cause opposition to do some thinking and spare the poor bugger. Instead of just making it easy for them.

I’d also be nice to have a Coach who has a plan B that he has the courage to implement. Otherwise he might as well watch the game at home. I see very little to convince me that he can Coach on Game Day.

Throw picks at Sydney for Papley (small forward) and get a mature Ruckman in the mid season draft. Whatever. Just don’t ever play Lobbe or Phillips again. And drop Plowman, Cas, LOB and Murphy. No one is safe from lack of effort, or laughing when your friend is lying unconscious on the turf. What a. Total. Twat.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Plowman is not the quickest thinking fella. Its not just skill errors. Something is not right there. Makes so many dumb decisions and has terrible, terrible half hearted body language. Not what you want your young crop to be surrounded by and absorbing. Same as LOB and Murphy. Effort fellas. Just. Get. Stuck. In. Whether you play 1 game or 250. If you play the Blues, you need to expect to scrap. And we gift games to individuals who don’t do that. And you wonder why they do it every game. Pathetic.

Let’s see what our illustrious Coach and Match Committee can do. How courageous will they be to drop players for lack of effort, not just enforced changes due to injury. I remain unconvinced. With Jones and the others out...ahh forget it.

I’d make plans now to get the interviews underway for a new Coach.

I need to go for a walk and cool off. Very disheartened.
Keep the Faith