Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne (Read 26914 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne

Reply #30
There is no doubt that we are the most psychologically brittle side in the AFL, the Kangabies helped to underline that today. And remember, the Kangabies were the bottom side until we came along.

Just no fibre, no steel in our attitude or endeavour.

Remember that the Kangabies lost a key defender in the 2nd quarter yet it didn't soften or weaken their endeavour or effectiveness one iota - steely resolve.

A more uninspired group, at present, you just won't find.

If you're managing Cripps, Fisher, SPS... you're gathering phone numbers of list managers in the West, as a figure of speech. After all, you must do what is in the best interest of your clients.

If this was one out of the blue, you'd chalk it up to an aberration... but this is our club, fold under pressure... just more of the same, just highly emphasised today due to the margin of the hiding.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
Agree.....Zurhaar had blood pouring from his head so it was just a bad head clash which can happen, none of our players remonstrated either.

these things are subjective, but its not how I saw it. both players were originally going for the ball, however when Jones was going to get there first Zurhaar decided to turn his body and shirt-front him, injurying himself in the process. I'd give him 2 weeks minimum for that.

Reply #32
I think Murph has to think long and hard about his future.  If he's contracted for 202O as well he needs to consider if he wants to truly play and contribute, because he's just embarrassing himself now. 

As does Lachie O'Brien.  Start attacking the contest or F off and play netball.  I wasn't happy when we drafted this bloke and I am yet to see anything different.  Time for a cup of concrete Lachlan.

As for Casboult, words fail me.  Coach killer.

I can handle losing, but I can't handle shirkers.  Just give the 60 000 long suffering members a fair dinkum effort, is it too much to ask?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #33
Any update on Liam?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34
What a waste of emotional energy. Waited all week for this game. Next 4 games will seal Bolton’s firing: Pies, Giants, Saints, Bombers. 1-10 coming up.

So many passengers. And 60,000 paid up, expecting Members. Time is running out. LP said it best the other day. You can’t have it both ways and not expect criticism if you’re selling such high hopes to expectant Members. Deliver or else.

We need a mature Ruckman and Setterfield and Kennedy in there to help Cripps next week. At least that’ll give us a chance to rest him up forward and cause opposition to do some thinking and spare the poor bugger. Instead of just making it easy for them.

I’d also be nice to have a Coach who has a plan B that he has the courage to implement. Otherwise he might as well watch the game at home. I see very little to convince me that he can Coach on Game Day.

Throw picks at Sydney for Papley (small forward) and get a mature Ruckman in the mid season draft. Whatever. Just don’t ever play Lobbe or Phillips again. And drop Plowman, Cas, LOB and Murphy. No one is safe from lack of effort, or laughing when your friend is lying unconscious on the turf. What a. Total. Twat.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Plowman is not the quickest thinking fella. Its not just skill errors. Something is not right there. Makes so many dumb decisions and has terrible, terrible half hearted body language. Not what you want your young crop to be surrounded by and absorbing. Same as LOB and Murphy. Effort fellas. Just. Get. Stuck. In. Whether you play 1 game or 250. If you play the Blues, you need to expect to scrap. And we gift games to individuals who don’t do that. And you wonder why they do it every game. Pathetic.

Let’s see what our illustrious Coach and Match Committee can do. How courageous will they be to drop players for lack of effort, not just enforced changes due to injury. I remain unconvinced. With Jones and the others out...ahh forget it.

I’d make plans now to get the interviews underway for a new Coach.

I need to go for a walk and cool off. Very disheartened.

What a thoughtful post. Reckon you'll have about 55,000 heads nodding at much of what you wrote there. There's always the 5000 who will believe whatever the club/senior coach tell them.

Reply #35

If this was one out of the blue, you'd chalk it up to an aberration... but this is our club, fold under pressure... just more of the same, just highly emphasised today due to the margin of the hiding.
I knew it was coming, could read it like a book. Struggling side under immense pressure from the media, enter Carlton the circuit breaker. Until we can arrest that trend and be the reason other coaches are sacked, more of the same and more frustration for us lies ahead. I turned it off after 1/4 time and went out to prune the roses as I had seen enough. As disappointing a game as I have seen from us.

Also, I saw vision of Stocker at the start of the game, he had a look on his face like he was crapting his pants. His first kick was a turnover, dont know how he went qtrs 2 3 and 4.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
Emotionally checked out
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #37
Baggers, who was laughing when Jones was KO'd? 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #38
these things are subjective, but its not how I saw it. both players were originally going for the ball, however when Jones was going to get there first Zurhaar decided to turn his body and shirt-front him, injurying himself in the process. I'd give him 2 weeks minimum for that.

Exactly as I saw it. But this'll be one that the AFL will be quick to sweep under the 'they were both going for it - accident' carpet.

Reply #39
Headline should read tomorrow

Carlton Again folds when under physical pressure.

Jack Silvagni, Daisy Thomas, Zac Fisher and Jacob Weitering, you can hold your heads up and Jones, Walsh & Stocker, I'll give you a pass but everyone else needs a good old fashioned bollocking, starting with Cripps & Murphy our so called leaders.

Cripps was found wanting, it's easy to go in hard against non hard players, but where was the desire inside? Murphy, you need to retire, players waltz through your tackles, you don't run anywhere near as hard as you used to and your disposal and decision making is diabolical.

Marchbank runs around looking for frees and is 50/50 on his disposal at best. He doesn't intercept mark anymore so what is he actually good for.
Plowman did a couple of decent things but his complete lack of intensity and skill makes him a D grade player.
Williamson on that effort should be straight back to the 2s
O'Brien is a boy playing a mans game and looks scared.

Casboult is still a dud, one good game against a small team in the Doggies and now he's back to good old sh1t Casboult
McKay was slaughtered and looks tired.
C Curnow not enough
Cunningham goes missing every game he plays
E Curnow has had his one wood taken away. They said he was a forward to create pressure, I'd love to know how many forward line tackles he's laid this season.
Gibbons another Lamb/Kerridge/Lucas/Boekhurst

Philips is a c grade ruckman, which I suppose is better than the d grader in Lobbe
SPS the game gets physical and he goes missing
Dow poor and unskilled

Team selection - It's not a secret that North have big strong bodies around the ball so why leave Setterfield and Kennedy out?

Coaching - It's been 4 years and still we have not taught/ trained or mids to run back hard. I lost count of how many times I saw Murphy and Cripps just jogging after players after they marked or kicked into 50, and they are our leaders give me a screwkking break.

Bolton - at half time, Fox showed a video where you were saying how well the players have done as they have won half their quarters that they played. The fact that you lost 5 game this season trumps that by a long way. If that is how you coach then it's no wonder that they get all warm and fuzzy with losing every week.

Silvagni any chance you could draft or trade for some real mongrel players?

It's been 18 years of this utter rubbish, sure we won a couple of finals, but we are the only team in that time period that has not made a prelim (gold coast aside).

I understand we are young, but being young doesn't prevent you from trying.

To see Plowman laughing when players were huddling for Jones' injury, 1 his team mate was being stretchered off and 2 we were being slaughtered, made my blood boil. I hope he is dropped and delisted at the end of the year.

This game is a true reflection of where we are, and it's still nowhere.

If Bolton comes out and says we are hurting with you again, I'll spew. It's a job for him, if he gets sacked tomorrow and rehired next season at another club then he'll hurt for them. If a player gets delisted or traded then they don't care what happens to Carlton, but we the true supporters do. I've paid my membership every year since the salary cap scandal, I pay for an interstate membership, which is basically a donation as I don't go to games being in Launceston apart from once a season and this year is was against the Bulldogs so an away game.

I don't get to be sacked or traded, I hurt for every game that is lost, I hurt when I see zero effort by some players, I hurt when at the start of the season we are promised an improved side and get the same rubbish year in and year out. I hurt when I see my sons getting teased on the play ground for supporting Carlton.

I want Bolton to get angry at the players, tell the Carlton faithful that it was not good enough and assure that players like Plowman, Marchbank are on notice or better still dropped, cause the Collingwood forwards will treat then like rag dolls next week.

Reply #40
What a waste of emotional energy. Waited all week for this game. Next 4 games will seal Bolton’s firing: Pies, Giants, Saints, Bombers. 1-10 coming up.

So many passengers. And 60,000 paid up, expecting Members. Time is running out. LP said it best the other day. You can’t have it both ways and not expect criticism if you’re selling such high hopes to expectant Members. Deliver or else.

We need a mature Ruckman and Setterfield and Kennedy in there to help Cripps next week. At least that’ll give us a chance to rest him up forward and cause opposition to do some thinking and spare the poor bugger. Instead of just making it easy for them.

I’d also be nice to have a Coach who has a plan B that he has the courage to implement. Otherwise he might as well watch the game at home. I see very little to convince me that he can Coach on Game Day.

Throw picks at Sydney for Papley (small forward) and get a mature Ruckman in the mid season draft. Whatever. Just don’t ever play Lobbe or Phillips again. And drop Plowman, Cas, LOB and Murphy. No one is safe from lack of effort, or laughing when your friend is lying unconscious on the turf. What a. Total. Twat.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Plowman is not the quickest thinking fella. Its not just skill errors. Something is not right there. Makes so many dumb decisions and has terrible, terrible half hearted body language. Not what you want your young crop to be surrounded by and absorbing. Same as LOB and Murphy. Effort fellas. Just. Get. Stuck. In. Whether you play 1 game or 250. If you play the Blues, you need to expect to scrap. And we gift games to individuals who don’t do that. And you wonder why they do it every game. Pathetic.

Let’s see what our illustrious Coach and Match Committee can do. How courageous will they be to drop players for lack of effort, not just enforced changes due to injury. I remain unconvinced. With Jones and the others out...ahh forget it.

I’d make plans now to get the interviews underway for a new Coach.

I need to go for a walk and cool off. Very disheartened.

Couldn't agree more on Plowman. Wouldn't be phased if he never plays again - he's played well before but he's never going to be that good and certainly nowher near justifyng the hefty draft price SOS paid at GWS. He consistently makes poor decisions.

in reality Plowman, LOB, post Colligwood Daisy, post 200 Murphy & Cas etc all very average, arguably with limited upside but we've got limited choices. When Jones is replaced by Goodard this week, expect a world record number of holding the balls as we'll have three of the slowest defenders in living memory coming out of defence - Weitering, Goddard, Plowman. Weitering took a step back today also and I have to say that Marchbank is also testing my patience with his lack of composure.

Reply #41

I don't know... but I saw someone post here that one of ours was having a giggle with a Kangabies player while Jones lay unconscious... like you I am keen to know who this pr1ck is...  >:(

Reply #42
I knew it was coming, could read it like a book. Struggling side under immense pressure from the media, enter Carlton the circuit breaker. Until we can arrest that trend and be the reason other coaches are sacked, more of the same and more frustration for us lies ahead. I turned it off after 1/4 time and went out to prune the roses as I had seen enough. As disappointing a game as I have seen from us.

Also, I saw vision of Stocker at the start of the game, he had a look on his face like he was crapting his pants. His first kick was a turnover, dont know how he went qtrs 2 3 and 4.

Stocker was ok and I would be keeping him in the team, bad day to play your first game and the pressure/physicality was at a high level from North.

Reply #43

It was Plowman. Irrespective of what was said to make him laugh, you need very little emotional intelligence or empathy to understand that there is a time and place for it. Ideally, the senior players, whom I believe Plowman is one of, should have brought the players into a huddle to focus them.
Keep the Faith

Reply #44
Headline should read tomorrow

Carlton Again folds when under physical pressure.

Jack Silvagni, Daisy Thomas, Zac Fisher and Jacob Weitering, you can hold your heads up and JOnes, Walsh & Stocker, I'll give you a pass but everyone else needs a good old fashioned bollocking, starting with Cripps & Murphy our so called leaders.

Cripps was found wanting, it's easy to go in hard against non hard players, but where was the desire inside? Murphy, you need to retire, players waltz through your tackles, you don't run anywhere near as hard as you used to and your disposal and decision making is diabolical.

Marchbank runs around looking for frees and is 50/50 on his disposal at best. He doesn't intercept mark anymore so what is he actually good for.
Plowman did a couple of decent things but his complete lack of intensity and skill makes him a D grade player.
Williamson on that effort should be straight back to the 2s
O'Brien is a boy playing a mans game and looks scared.

Casboult is still a dud, one good game against a small team in the Doggies and now he's back to good old sh1t Casboult
McKay was slaughtered and looks tired.
C Curnow not enough
Cunningham goes missing every game he plays
E Curnow has had his one wood taken away. They said he was a forward to create pressure, I'd love to know how many forward line tackles he's laid this season.
Gibbons another Lamb/Kerridge/Lucas/Boekhurst

Philips is a c grade ruckman, which I suppose is better than the d grader in Lobbe
SPS the game gets physical and he goes missing
Dow poor and unskilled

Team selection - It's not a secret that North have big strong bodies around the ball so why leave Setterfield out?

Coaching - It's been 4 years and still we have not taught/ trained or mids to run back hard. I lost count of how many times I saw Murphy and Cripps just jogging after players after they marked or kicked into 50, and they are our leaders give me a screwkking break.

Bolton - at half time, Fox showed a video where you were saying how well the players have done as they have won half their quarters that they played. The fact that you lost 5 game this season trumps that by a long way. If that is how you coach then it's no wonder that they get all warm and fuzzy with losing every week.

Silvagni any chance you could draft or trade for some real mongrel players?

It's been 18 years of this utter rubbish, sure we won a couple of finals, but we are the only team in that time period that has not made a prelim (gold coast aside).

I understand we are young, but being young doesn't prevent you from trying.

To see Plowman laughing when players were huddling for Jones' injury, 1 his team mate was being stretchered off and 2 we were being slaughtered, made my blood boil. I hope he is dropped and delisted at the end of the year.

This game is a true reflection of where we are, and it's still nowhere.

If Bolton comes out and says we are hurting with you again, I'll spew. It's a job for him, if he gets sacked tomorrow and rehired next season at another club then he'll hurt for them. If a player gets delisted or traded then they don't care what happens to Carlton, but we the true supporters do. I've paid my membership every year since the salary cap scandal, I pay for an interstate membership, which is basically a donation as I don't go to games being in Launceston apart from once a season and this year is was against the Bulldogs so an away game.

I don't get to be sacked or traded, I hurt for every game that is lost, I hurt when I see zero effort by some players, I hurt when at the start of the season we are promised an improved side and get the same rubbish year in and year out. I hurt when I see my sons getting teased on the play ground for supporting Carlton.

I want Bolton to get angry at the players, tell the Carlton faithful that it was not good enough and assure that players like Plowman, Marchbank are on notice or better still dropped, cause the Collingwood forwards will treat then like rag dolls next week.

So glad you highlighted this. I nearly hit the roof when I saw that... Mrs Baggers and the dog left the room (and the dog is a Doberman!!). Any wonder our blokes play the way they do... still speechless and flabbergasted...