Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne (Read 26815 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne

Reply #90
Fantastic! The more I see th replay, the more I reckon that North bloke has a case to answer.

Only 1 bloke had eyes on the ball.
Don’t let the slam tackle on Williamson in the final term go gentle into that good night either.

No free of course, but he stayed down and went off I think.

Reply #91
Don’t shoot bambi
No wonder Bolton loves him, they could be twins

:)) :)) Now I understand why BB pumps up Murphs tires at every chance he gets.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #92
I'm very honoured that you thought of me in your hour of need. Let me make this as simple as I can. Wait for the process to finish before you get carried away and make rash decisions. Otherwise that ledge will be more worn than the middle of the Spanish steps.

The process should be progressing. Even you must admit he is no good now.

Given the young talent we have find we a reason why we should not have beaten Swans, now on the bottom, GC, Hawthorn and North. That should be 5-2 or 4-3. We are 1-6 and just got thumped by 10 goals by the bottom side, and that's after we kicked the last 4 goals in junk time.

As I said 2 weeks ago, the Dogs game was now the gold standard. It's shows what we can do and you expect that most weeks. The fact it lasted all of 6 qtrs says something about the coach's ability to get anything close to the best out of this side. Time to go and not waste anymore time. It'll take another coach a year as it is to get Bolton's rubbish out of the system and get used to a proper game plan.

Reply #93
I'm very honoured that you thought of me in your hour of need. Let me make this as simple as I can. Wait for the process to finish before you get carried away and make rash decisions. Otherwise that ledge will be more worn than the middle of the Spanish steps.

The process is finished.
It’s dead, listless, lifeless.
We’ve had four years of the love fest.

It will be hard enough to change these kids now, let alone in 18 months time.
If we don’t act we will have another group of soft, easy to play against, footballers for another 10 years.

Reply #94
Very disappointing, North came to play and knocked us off our game and we never recovered.
It's the worst game we've played for the season but there's no reason why we can't butter up next week, if we fall away from here Bolton is probably done but we should all be hoping that doesn't happen.
It isn't the end of the world is what I'm trying to say.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #95
We were as bad today as we where during the Malthouse dark days.

No effort, no system disgusting skills and I’ve said this before several times the dumbest group of footballers ever assembled.

I wish it was as simple as sacking Murphy’s or Bolton’s can’t coach. 

In all the players we have turned over in this rebuild, how many do we have that have ‘very good’ foot skills. I doubt we have 5 on our whole list. Have no speed thru the middle of the ground and the forwards have no f**king clue how to lead or make space. Was like watching under 12 today at the ground with the way our so called key young stars in Harry and Charlie play. They refuse to separate and simply refuse to work hard by running hard to get a one on one contest so they can use the one main skill they have. Charlie is over rated imo - another one who’s kicking skills are well below par.

And our midfield is just too slow and too one paced. Cripps (and I know his a star) Dow and SPS are one pacers that when we have the ball you don’t notice it but just can’t apply any sort of pressure when the opposition get out.

Gutted with this performance. Really making me wonder how many more seasons I can cope with this.

Reply #96
The process is finished.
It’s dead, listless, lifeless.
We’ve had four years of the love fest.

It will be hard enough to change these kids now, let alone in 18 months time.
If we don’t act we will have another group of soft, easy to play against, footballers for another 10 years.

And that, sadly, is the reality. We can no longer live in hope.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #97
We were as bad today as we where during the Malthouse dark days.

No effort, no system disgusting skills and I’ve said this before several times the dumbest group of footballers ever assembled.

I wish it was as simple as sacking Murphy’s or Bolton’s can’t coach. 

In all the players we have turned over in this rebuild, how many do we have that have ‘very good’ foot skills. I doubt we have 5 on our whole list. Have no speed thru the middle of the ground and the forwards have no f**king clue how to lead or make space. Was like watching under 12 today at the ground with the way our so called key young stars in Harry and Charlie play. They refuse to separate and simply refuse to work hard by running hard to get a one on one contest so they can use the one main skill they have. Charlie is over rated imo - another one who’s kicking skills are well below par.

And our midfield is just too slow and too one paced. Cripps (and I know his a star) Dow and SPS are one pacers that when we have the ball you don’t notice it but just can’t apply any sort of pressure when the opposition get out.

Gutted with this performance. Really making me wonder how many more seasons I can cope with this.
For all his speed, Dow’s lack of commitment to chasing is criminal.

He should hunting opposition players like Cyril Rioli, instead he jogs along side them and is content with making minimal pressure.

O’Brien is worse. He has been schooled in the Marc Murphy school of tackling pressure. He plays like his aim is to just apply little pressure to a kicker. He hardly ever goes in for the tackle.

Reply #98
It was a bit of a perfect storn today.

- We had got to a place where we may have thought that natural progression was doing its thing and we just had to turn up (against a bottom side) and we'd go ok. Over confident, and/or not respected our opponent.
- We had lost 4 solid contributors who we could never replace.
- North had gained one key player, Higgins, who was missing the week before.
- We couldn't kick it through the big sticks to save ourselves
- We copped further injuries on the day - Jones, obviously, but Daisy went down early and had to sit on the bench for a concussion check as well (20 mins gone)
- Cripps has been BOG or close enough to it, every game this year. Even though he still topped our fantasy numbers, he was well down for the first time this year.

In a way, its good when all that happens all at once because its less likely to occur again. Get the 'bad week' out of the way and reset back to where you were prior. Hopefully no new injuries and get a few players back etc.

Reply #99
They are not showing any other angles unfortunately.
If it was a Carlton player then....

Comprehensively reported in AFL media as an ACCIDENTAL clash.
Propaganda  >:(
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #100
 ::Zurhaar has form.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #101
Don’t shoot bambi
No wonder Bolton loves him, they could be twins

If that's the case, maybe we have triplets. 
C. P.  ;)

My edit.
Or maybe quadruplets.
LOB

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #102
Bolton stuffed this up at the selection table.

There is no reason why setterfield shouldn't have played this one.

There's no reason o'brien should still be playing at afl level.  Polson was sick and didn't play VFL, but he brings hardness with his pressure and sub standard possessions with stuff all impact as opposed to o'Brien who gives us outside run and no impact.

His goal was well taken though.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #103
Bolton stuffed this up at the selection table.

There is no reason why setterfield shouldn't have played this one.

There's no reason o'brien should still be playing at afl level.  Polson was sick and didn't play VFL, but he brings hardness with his pressure and sub standard possessions with stuff all impact as opposed to o'Brien who gives us outside run and no impact.

His goal was well taken though.

Didnt Lachie play on the wing on Dumont? who had the lazy 38 possies for the day....LOB did have the one tackle so he caught up with him once perhaps, that could be deemed as blurred progress under the Bolton mantra.

Reply #104
Didnt Lachie play on the wing on Dumont? who had the lazy 38 possies for the day....LOB did have the one tackle so he caught up with him once perhaps, that could be deemed as blurred progress under the Bolton mantra.

Murphy and LOB swapped wings quite often today