Skip to main content
Topic: RD 10 : Blues defeat Crows (Post-Match Relief)  (Read 42819 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 10 : Blues defeat Crows (Post-Match Relief)

Reply #60
Could someone at the club please teach Rowe how to run the ball over the boundry without being to obvious, thats twice in three games he has been pinged for deliberate.

Tonight's was a simply disgraceful decision imo.

Agreed, I thought it was harsh, but he should have learned when they pinged him against WC a couple of weeks ago, dont run straight at the boundry line

Reply #61
Could someone at the club please teach Rowe how to run the ball over the boundry without being to obvious, thats twice in three games he has been pinged for deliberate.

Agreed, I thought it was harsh, but he should have learned when they pinged him against WC a couple of weeks ago, dont run straight at the boundry line

Sure, but given the distance to the boundary where the contest took place and the speed at which he was moving, was there any other option?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #62

Sure, but given the distance to the boundary where the contest took place and the speed at which he was moving, was there any other option?

He had no chance to gather the ball and in the attempt knocks it over. FMD this happens a squizillion times each week. IMO the ump got caught up in the theatre and made a critical error.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #63

I have always believed that in that situation, take the ball run just over the line then kick it down field, the umps will never pay it.

Reply #65
I thought it would have been a nice gesture if they had Scotland in the middle when they belted out we are the navy blues after the game

Reply #66
At the end of the replay just then, just after the Simmo interview, you see Eddie hugging the last of his ex-teammates before heading off and wiping his eyes as he made he made his way off the ground. Clearly an emotional game for him and gotta say, I hated every minute of him playing against us.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #67
At the end of the replay just then, just after the Simmo interview, you see Eddie hugging the last of his ex-teammates before heading off and wiping his eyes as he made he made his way off the ground. Clearly an emotional game for him and gotta say, I hated every minute of him playing against us.

First player that's had me sit silently without swearing, whilst he's ripping our backsides open. Not Even those emphatic post goal fist pumps got me riled. Was hoping he pulled out with an injury, we almost lost to our ourselves, with Jacobs and Eddie.

This mob has been silently poaching our players for a while. There's been key 3 players, all of which have been damn good players. Bond, Jacobs, Betts. No duds in that trio. It's time we started to repay the courtesy. P$&@$
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #68

He was great today, but is going to have to have a good 2nd half of the season to justify the price tag. If he had of stayed I'm not sure we would be satisfied with his output so far.

Reply #69

He was great today, but is going to have to have a good 2nd half of the season to justify the price tag. If he had of stayed I'm not sure we would be satisfied with his output so far.

Yeah I agree, I'm comfortable with us letting him go when we did, I just wanted something in return.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #70
First player that's had me sit silently without swearing, whilst he's ripping our backsides open.

Despite my utter disappointment and public denunciation of Eddie, I to was a similar figure DU. On Facebook Robbo pre game hoped Eddie played well but walked away with a loss. Got his wish.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #71
To digress, does anyone else have 'raised eyebrows' when they reflect on Port's stellar form this season?

Yep, im with you here.  There is something about it that doesnt sit right with me.  The meteoric rise is bordering on the unbelievable.  They have turned plodders into stars in a very raised eyebrows sort of way.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #72
To digress, does anyone else have 'raised eyebrows' when they reflect on Port's stellar form this season?

Yep, im with you here.  There is something about it that doesnt sit right with me.  The meteoric rise is bordering on the unbelievable.  They have turned plodders into stars in a very raised eyebrows sort of way.

Really??

C'mon guys this sort of speculation would only help serve the scum and no-one at Port could be so stupid.

They have a very good list with some awesome kids and a fresh coach. It's paying dividends. Season is long though.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #73

It's called a gun coach, with a great game plan and a team that's buying into it. We should try it some time!

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #74
The only reason you watch a game like that is you support either of the two teams. Turnover city.

Negatives

Garlett - Looks scared. Scared of making a mistake and scared of contact. Must go back to the twos and regain some form.

Henderson - Brettie say he doesn't know what's happened over the past month, I do he's a CHB that can pinch hit forward, not a genuine forward.

Touhy - Game is passing you by boy. Doesn't run in straight lines anymore, lost some pace and regard for his man. Lucky that Buckley is injured cause others are flying by him in the pecking order.

Positives

Docherty - To think this kid had an interrupted pre season, he comes in and performs at this level. A true footballer, great disposal, fierce attack at the contest and quick enough. More of a wing that HBF but something to look forward to.

Menzel - A true forward, runs to the right spot, marks and kicks well, great shepherding twice on the goal line to allow goals, hold together knee.

Simpson - Outstanding, should be up there when Ken Hunter and Adrian Hickmont are spoken about.

Yarran - The crowd takes a breath when Yazz gets the ball with a few meters of space in front, quickly becoming an A grade player.

Everitt - Controlled Slone and limited his damage who can tear teams apart.

Umpiring inconsistent and awful, this is what is ruining the game. The 50 of Menzels was techincally there but his action is done 70 times a game. No rewarding tackles and letting players throw the ball away when tackled.

Good win Blues, now Brisbane!