Skip to main content
Topic: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst) (Read 55981 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 19 : Blues Lose To Frockers (Aftermatch Angst)

Reply #75
Yarran was poor but Eddie was simply pathetic.

Good to see MM give all three a bake.

I reckon Betts has already agreed to walk for that $600K offer and is just going through the motions with us now so he doesn't get a serious injury.

Could be right.

New baby, short career left.

On that effort he go.

Last year Lyon put the acid on Walters, Ballantyne, Suban and ibbotson . It took some of them until this season to become important players .

MM puts the acid on Betts and Yarran and they do fck all.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #76
pretty fair effort tbh.

Wow just saw this.

I left the game after Gibbs gave that goal away. Pathetic.

I'm listening to SEN talk back and you know what? I am optimistic about next year because a few precious players stamped their papers tonight. F?uck em. Pea hearted, limp wristed prima donnas. We move forward without them.

I need MM to put his money where his mouth is and make players ACCOUNTABLE. Ruthless and  relentless. Unscrewingbelievable. Players like Gibbs and Yarran should be traded now before their value depreciates even further. No heart. Give me another 2 Tuohys for half the price.

Let the kids play, Murphy to relinquish the Captaincy, give it to Kade and trade aggressively for key position players. And start dropping players who don't meet standards.
Keep the Faith

Reply #77
pretty fair effort tbh.

Wow just saw this.

I left the game after Gibbs gave that goal away. Pathetic.

I'm listening to SEN talk back and you know what? I am optimistic about next year because a few precious players stamped their papers tonight. F?uck em. Pea hearted, limp wristed prima donnas. We move forward without them.

I need MM to put his money where his mouth is and make players ACCOUNTABLE. Ruthless and  relentless. Unscrewingbelievable. Players like Gibbs and Yarran should be traded now before their value depreciates even further. No heart. Give me another 2 Tuohys for half the price.

Let the kids play, Murphy to relinquish the Captaincy, give it to Kade and trade aggressively for key position players. And start dropping players who don't meet standards.

Absolute no from me for Simpson as Captain

Henderson could be Captain.

Reply #78
The amigos game plan is useless against better sides at Etihad, they are too big of a liability in and around stoppages. Freo made them look like they were made of fairy floss.

A high ball comes in, four Freo players run at it, three Carlton players watch one teammate compete.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79
What is all this crap about captaincy.

It doesn't matter a fck who the skipper is.

Being skipper is just a fcking marketing exercise.

Get over it.

FMD.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #80
Best opposition I have seen all year. Ruthless!

Reply #81

Get over it.

FMD.

Captains still make a difference.....Nicholls Kernahan Johnson....lead the charge... marketing? bollocks...

Reply #82
Thanks for stuffing our weekend Carlton, what a putrid, putrid effort.   Please explain this in your next email Mick.

1. The play the boundary line game plan (and always kick to a contest) was horribly flawed tonight, can't believe we paid a bloke $1m a year for this rubbish.  Had no idea how to beat the press - how's about playing on at all costs?  Nup, lets stop, prop, kick sideways....NO FLAIR = NO HOPE AGAINST THE PRESS.
2.   Thanks Simmo for having a real go and putting your body in, I'd give Touhy, Jamo and K a tick as well.  But why so many passengers???  Time to start playing kids as Murphy, Gibbs, Betts, Yarran, Robinson and many of the others just don't care.  Gave NADA.
3.  Our mids are all too small.  They all gave away 5-10 kgs each and we were monstered tonight in just about every position on the ground.  The amount of times they broke tackles was embarrassing.
4.  The Rowe experiment is over.  Hard hands and no second efforts.  Can't win without a forward line.
5.  Worst game I've seen from Walker for years.  Constantly our of position, fumbles...errors.  Stupid frees AARGH.
6.  The three amigos.  Play like millionaires.. won't do the basics.  Playing for kicks instead of attacking the ball - cost 3 goals tonight.  Yarra, is taking the urine on that "effort" tonight.
7.  Lazy, lazy, lazy.  Hard to clear the ball from 50 when nobody presents.  Hard to defend when the forwards and mids let the opposition run into space most of the night.

All in all, bitterly disappointed.  I said before this year that we are a 9-12 ranked side and that is exactly what we are. We need a CHF, a CHB and 3 midfielders around 190/90 kg.  Our gnomes (eg Armfield, Murphy) just aren't in the game against Barlow, Mundy etc
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #83
The 3 amigo's are really starting to p155 me off.
get rid of at least 1 of them , if not 2. Gibbs can fork off while we're at it.

Sick of this poor excuse for a football team. Doesnt matter who the bloody coach is. Tackles are meant to STICK otherwise whats the bloody point!!!!  We dont even bruise our opponents on the odd occasion they do stick a tackle. Weak as p155 blues.

Where the hell has our I50 pressure gone? Betts and Garlett were once feared more so for their pressure I50 than their goalkicking but they're no where to be seen. 2nd and 3rd efforts seem a distant afterthought for our guys too.

Same players give there all week in week out yet the rest continue to just float in and out of games.

Cant wait for trade week. Will be good to get rid of these soft Kocks once and for all. >:(
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #84
Thanks for stuffing our weekend Carlton, what a putrid, putrid effort.   Please explain this in your next email Mick.

1. The play the boundary line game plan (and always kick to a contest) was horribly flawed tonight, can't believe we paid a bloke $1m a year for this rubbish.  Had no idea how to beat the press - how's about playing on at all costs?  Nup, lets stop, prop, kick sideways....NO FLAIR = NO HOPE AGAINST THE PRESS.
2.   Thanks Simmo for having a real go and putting your body in, I'd give Touhy, Jamo and K a tick as well.  But why so many passengers???  Time to start playing kids as Murphy, Gibbs, Betts, Yarran, Robinson and many of the others just don't care.  Gave NADA.
3.  Our mids are all too small.  They all gave away 5-10 kgs each and we were monstered tonight in just about every position on the ground.  The amount of times they broke tackles was embarrassing.
4.  The Rowe experiment is over.  Hard hands and no second efforts.  Can't win without a forward line.
5.  Worst game I've seen from Walker for years.  Constantly our of position, fumbles...errors.  Stupid frees AARGH.
6.  The three amigos.  Play like millionaires.. won't do the basics.  Playing for kicks instead of attacking the ball - cost 3 goals tonight.  Yarra, is taking the urine on that "effort" tonight.
7.  Lazy, lazy, lazy.  Hard to clear the ball from 50 when nobody presents.  Hard to defend when the forwards and mids let the opposition run into space most of the night.

All in all, bitterly disappointed.  I said before this year that we are a 9-12 ranked side and that is exactly what we are. We need a CHF, a CHB and 3 midfielders around 190/90 kg.  Our gnomes (eg Armfield, Murphy) just aren't in the game against Barlow, Mundy etc

I am a Rowe fan but was dissapointed in his marking and groundwork tonight...falls over too much and have to agree he probably wont make it and is backup material only.

Reply #85
Let's be brutally honest here - apart from the first 7 mins of the game & a 5 min patch in the 3rd, Freo were more than a class above us in every facet....and I don't reckon they even got out of 1st gear for the most part.

Their 'second-tier' players such as Suban, Neale, Pearce, Dawson, Mzungu, Clarke smashed us....that's the second-tier, then you've got the like of Walters, Mundy, Fyfe, Hill, Barlow, Mayne, Ballantyne all producing something special throughout the game. Have no doubts, this Freo team has a VERY talented list & the result simply reiterates where we're at as a team....very much middle-of-the-road, we can be a pest to the better teams, but that's about it.

What a horror story from so many out there tonight.......Murphy, Walker, Robbo, Yarran, McLean, Rowe, Betts, Cachia, Garlett, Carrazzo (all of them craphouse), closely followed by Gibbs, Kreuzer, Lucas, Armfield & Curnow (who all at least did some good, mixed with their bad), leaving just Judd, Simmo, Watson, Henderson, Scotland, Jamison & Tuohy who all had a crack all night & who all had more of a positive affect on the game, than a negative.

If I hear one more person saying how they saw friggin' Joe Bloggs limping with an ice-pack after the game, I'll spew up. Most of us have played a serious game of footy at some stage in our lives - and guess what, I was limping like a son-of-a-bitch after EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, but felt fine during the game itself. Stop making bloody excuses for these blokes.

Marc Murphy - seriously, how many performances of that calibre have you produced this year? Too many to be considered a bonafide AFL captain. He's an absolute shadow of the player he was last year, we get glimpses every once in a while, but overall, name me a more disappointing player this year?

You'd think out of the 3 of them, one of Garlett, Betts or Yarran could produce an acceptable performance......no chance of that apparently. A more crapful collective game from that trio we won't see this year.....although I wouldn't put it past them.

How does Robbie Warnock not get selected for this game? Sam Rowe.....nup, not for me - he looks miles out of his depth at this level, zero influence for the 3rd consecutive week....he's been given a decent enough crack this time around to show that he's simply not up to it, but alas - he's been retained for another year, so he'd wanna improve & improve real quick or else next year will be his last as an AFL player.

Andrew Carrazzo - yet another injury.....form mine, the bell tolls for thee. Reckon he needs to make a very considered decision at the end of the year. Then there's Robbo.....what to do with Robbo, would he be getting a game for anyone in the top 4? Probably not.

Bryce Gibbs......*sigh*, Andrew Walker......*sigh*

I'm betting Mick cannot wait to get his hands on this list come year's end......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #86
Murphy needs to get serious or go back to district cricket.  Not a captains bootlaces.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #87

Get over it.

FMD.

Captains still make a difference.....Nicholls Kernahan Johnson....lead the charge... marketing? bollocks...

They pick Murph as skipper because he was seen as our best player.

Simpson is playing his best footy EVER, is that because he's not skipper?

Teams become great when everyone leads and takes responsibility.

Murph played crap and we lost. Who's skipper wouldnt make a difference with what went on out there tonight.

Get over it.

Reply #88
Let's be brutally honest here - apart from the first 7 mins of the game & a 5 min patch in the 3rd, Freo were more than a class above us in every facet....and I don't reckon they even got out of 1st gear for the most part.

Their 'second-tier' players such as Suban, Neale, Pearce, Dawson, Mzungu, Clarke smashed us....that's the second-tier, then you've got the like of Walters, Mundy, Fyfe, Hill, Barlow, Mayne, Ballantyne all producing something special throughout the game. Have no doubts, this Freo team has a VERY talented list & the result simply reiterates where we're at as a team....very much middle-of-the-road, we can be a pest to the better teams, but that's about it.

What a horror story from so many out there tonight.......Murphy, Walker, Robbo, Yarran, McLean, Rowe, Betts, Cachia, Garlett, Carrazzo (all of them craphouse), closely followed by Gibbs, Kreuzer, Lucas, Armfield & Curnow (who all at least did some good, mixed with their bad), leaving just Judd, Simmo, Watson, Henderson, Scotland, Jamison & Tuohy who all had a crack all night & who all had more of a positive affect on the game, than a negative.

If I hear one more person saying how they saw friggin' Joe Bloggs limping with an ice-pack after the game, I'll spew up. Most of us have played a serious game of footy at some stage in our lives - and guess what, I was limping like a son-of-a-bitch after EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, but felt fine during the game itself. Stop making bloody excuses for these blokes.

Marc Murphy - seriously, how many performances of that calibre have you produced this year? Too many to be considered a bonafide AFL captain. He's an absolute shadow of the player he was last year, we get glimpses every once in a while, but overall, name me a more disappointing player this year?

You'd think out of the 3 of them, one of Garlett, Betts or Yarran could produce an acceptable performance......no chance of that apparently. A more crapful collective game from that trio we won't see this year.....although I wouldn't put it past them.

How does Robbie Warnock not get selected for this game? Sam Rowe.....nup, not for me - he looks miles out of his depth at this level, zero influence for the 3rd consecutive week....he's been given a decent enough crack this time around to show that he's simply not up to it, but alas - he's been retained for another year, so he'd wanna improve & improve real quick or else next year will be his last as an AFL player.

Andrew Carrazzo - yet another injury.....form mine, the bell tolls for thee. Reckon he needs to make a very considered decision at the end of the year. Then there's Robbo.....what to do with Robbo, would he be getting a game for anyone in the top 4? Probably not.

Bryce Gibbs......*sigh*, Andrew Walker......*sigh*

I'm betting Mick cannot wait to get his hands on this list come year's end......

Fyfe and Mayne are very good players and I'd be happy to steal Suban off Freo...agree on Rowe but rate Warnock similar and prefer to see Casboult trialled again..

Reply #89

Get over it.

FMD.

They pick Murph as skipper because he was seen as our best player.

Simpson is playing his best footy EVER, is that because he's not skipper?

Teams become great when everyone leads and takes responsibility.

Murph played crap and we lost. Who's skipper wouldnt make a difference with what went on out there tonight.

Get over it.

Dont worry Mate.....