Skip to main content
Topic: Murphy to lead again in 2017 (Read 25682 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Murphy to lead again in 2017

Reply #90
By then the damage was well and truly done. Not even Clarkson could turn around 2.5 years of blah in 14/15 weeks.

Reply #91
Think you are selling Barker a bit short their too. He had the boys for longer than Malthouse did in our final year. He couldn't make them play either.

Years of Hughes and Rogers mangling your list will do that...as Paul said Clarkson couldnt get results with that rabble....

Reply #92
Clarkson couldn't get results but we expected Mick to?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #93
We already had a coach that was getting results with that "rabble".

Reply #94
Clarkson couldn't get results but we expected Mick to?

Maybe Clarkson wouldnt have descended from the summit in a stream of glowing light like Mick promising miracles either.....

Reply #96
so did 2013-15, which make 2012 look like a paragon of achievement.

Reply #97
so did 2013-15, which make 2012 look like a paragon of achievement.

So did 2016. Stop ignoring years that don't suit your pathetic agenda.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #98
Years of Hughes and Rogers mangling your list will do that...as Paul said Clarkson couldnt get results with that rabble....
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #99
So did 2016. Stop ignoring years that don't suit your pathetic agenda.

Pathetic agenda ? That's rich coming from you. Maybe you'd like to start an online poll, ask the members here who'd they'd rather have as coach now, with the benefit of hindsight, which some of us didn't need ? Or maybe you'd like to poll some AFL clubs, ask them who they'd prefer as coach now ?

As I've said repeatedly, I'm not sold on Bolts/SOS.

Reply #101

They can share some of the blame.
I think at least an equal share goes to whoever has been in charge of developing players over the same period.

We couldn't simply be 'that good' at picking bad players. We had to 'create' some bad players as well.

Club culture is a hard thing to get right, and our efforts since the Pagan days has done little to create a good one. Some got closer than others, but largely its been a balls up.

Reply #102
They can share some of the blame.
I think at least an equal share goes to whoever has been in charge of developing players over the same period.

We couldn't simply be 'that good' at picking bad players. We had to 'create' some bad players as well.

Club culture is a hard thing to get right, and our efforts since the Pagan days has done little to create a good one. Some got closer than others, but largely its been a balls up.

Dont disagree that lack of or poor development mangled a few players as well.....agree on the Culture aspect, nuking the list and building character/direction across the club seems the Bolton way
 so we will see how that turns out....winning games also masks a lot of culture issues. I always wondered about Chris Judd and what he made of club culture, the West Coast had a winning culture on the field and a losing one off the field with players in turmoil...

Reply #103
We picked some utter spuds but also our fair share of elite talent.  Our development system has been, without doubt, the worst in the league for at least the last 15 years.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #104
We picked some utter spuds but also our fair share of elite talent.  Our development system has been, without doubt, the worst in the league for at least the last 15 years.

How then do we turn blokes like Setanta, Tuohy, Byrne and Sheehan into reasonable players?  Someone must know what they're doing  ???

I think that part of the problem is that we have taken far too long to work out that times have changed and you can no longer buy success.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball