Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 35788 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #30
Cut to him just after Daisy's goal in the last qtr!

Nice. I will try to catch the replay when  it goes up on the AFL website.

Reply #31
Whilst he's perhaps a minor player at the moment, nice for Kerridge to get a win in his 50th.

Reply #32
SPS is amazing!  No wonder his coach in WA rated him ahead of Jessie Hogan for talent (he coached both). Great footskills.  Hits those passes across his body perfectly.  Has the pace and tackling skills to apply Betts-like pressure and attacks the ball as if he's built like Dangerfield.

Reply #33
Great to come on here atm - hey, I could get used to winning! ????
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34

SPS. Let's please not get too carried away.  Oh all right ... he's probably the best prospect I've seen for some time ever in the AFL any sport in Australia the world.

Love it ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #35

Another thing was our skill level, especially when we were moving the ball across the back line and in the past we would miss our targets and turn it over due to poor execution, this seems to have been tidied up considerably.

Go blues!

Yes it has!

Isn't it great to see.

Reply #36
I think its also worth noting that it rained for long periods during the match, it wasn't necessarily pissin down but a good ol drizzle, yet our skills were still very polished throughout.
SOS - "I hated losing"

Reply #38
Holy Cow, we are a game out of the eight WTF? :o ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #39
Just home ,another pleasant 3 1/2 hour drive I could get used to this,Kruezer is the man he sets the standard and the others follow.

Reply #40
I thought Daisy had a good afternoon today.  Perhaps the run in the NBs and Bolton's advice to play with more freedom undid the shackles.

I'd give him another season if he can play like that each week  :o
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #41
Just home ,another pleasant 3 1/2 hour drive I could get used to this,Kruezer is the man he sets the standard and the others follow.

Won't get a look on for AA but I wouldn't swap him for another ruckman at the minute. Doing it all this year. Tackles, hit outs, clearances, goals. Gun.

His cryptonite it having to play with another ruckman.

Reply #42
I thought Daisy had a good afternoon today.  Perhaps the run in the NBs and Bolton's advice to play with more freedom undid the shackles.

I'd give him another season if he can play like that each week  :o

He did play well and it started with a spoil he made vs several opponents when he was outnumbered and denied the Pies the ball.....his goal was vintage Daisy from his
stellar days...
Another Year?...probably not if was coaching  but if he keeps that form up then those in charge will probably think about it...

Reply #43
He did play well and it started with a spoil he made vs several opponents when he was outnumbered and denied the Pies the ball.....his goal was vintage Daisy from his
stellar days...
Another Year?...probably not if was coaching  but if he keeps that form up then those in charge will probably think about it...

Did someone say you were a hard man.

Reply #44
You bl00dy bewdy! First the Cheats then the cold Pies - you gotta be happy with that  ^-^

The tackling and pressure was enormous, led by Kreuzer. Can't believe I voted to trade him out in last year's poll  :o

Bolts seems to have rectified the tendency to fade out for 10 mins or so. Players are learning that only 100% is good enough.

Simmo - if my lawyer didn't make me sign a form saying I wouldn't, I would have ran on to the ground and kissed you after that goal. Murph and Gibbs had good games but I wish they'd kick more team lifting goals like that (although Gibbs third q effort has to be goal of the week!).

SPS. Let's please not get too carried away.  Oh all right ... he's probably the best prospect I've seen for some time ever in the AFL any sport in Australia the world.

Matty Wright hang your head in shame - you actually missed a couple today  :P

SPS has a bit extra about him. Rising star 2 weeks in a row?

Media will be on about the pies problems, forget about us and we can continue slipping under the radar.

Backline: awesome.

Forward line: making a lot of progress now cas is leading the way.

Mids: still gettable as port proved but also capable of out-shining teams like the pies who are ranked very highly in that department.