Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham (Read 43332 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham

Reply #105
Lets see if Mick thinks the same as you do. Something tells me he won't do it.

Casboult will come in for Henderson(injured) I would think but you are right he will probably continue with Warnock.....

Reply #106
Agree. Though if I were running the show Warnock would only ever play when Wood and Kreuzer aren't playing. Complete liability and redundant otherwise.

Reply #107
I don't know how everyone else missed it but Wood played second ruck/forward and Jagged two goals there whilst knockers did most of the first ruck duties.

The tactic was floated prior to the game and Wood gave us about what Casboult would have except he actually hit the scoreboard.

Warnock gave us less around the ground and more in the ruck though.

Frankly I'd play Warnock all season hoping someone wants a tap ruckman given we have written off the year whilst wood and Casboult alternative second ruck duties.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #108
Would it be possible to simply play Casboult at FF for a whole game? Don't mind whether it's in the VFL or Seniors.

We seem determined to never find out what he can do!

Reply #109
I don't know how everyone else missed it but Wood played second ruck/forward and Jagged two goals there whilst knockers did most of the first ruck duties.

The tactic was floated prior to the game and Wood gave us about what Casboult would have except he actually hit the scoreboard.

Warnock gave us less around the ground and more in the ruck though.

Frankly I'd play Warnock all season hoping someone wants a tap ruckman given we have written off the year whilst wood and Casboult alternative second ruck duties.

Yes, Wood jagged a couple of goals but the rest of his game was rubbish.  Ch 7 actually put together a montage of his worst efforts and some of his marking efforts were comical.   Casboult hasn't made much of an impact on the scoreboard but his marking around the ground and his physicality is his strength and we missed both very badly on Friday.

That Grundy towelled up both Warnock and Wood is not surprising, both struggle against mobile opponents.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #110

Yes, Wood jagged a couple of goals but the rest of his game was rubbish.  Ch 7 actually put together a montage of his worst efforts and some of his marking efforts were comical.   Casboult hasn't made much of an impact on the scoreboard but his marking around the ground and his physicality is his strength and we missed both very badly on Friday.

That Grundy towelled up both Warnock and Wood is not surprising, both struggle against mobile opponents.

I think I said before the game NO Casboult...No Carlton  :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #111

A confident Meat and a fit Kreuz suggests a far better rucking combo me thinks... with Wood as the backup playing in the Magoos... and then recruiting another couple to groom over the next few years. Trade 206, we'll get a 2nd rounder for him.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #112
A confident Meat and a fit Kreuz suggests a far better rucking combo me thinks... with Wood as the backup playing in the Magoos... and then recruiting another couple to groom over the next few years. Trade 206, we'll get a 2nd rounder for him.

That would be good - we just need Kreuz to recover now and it could happen.....................(sigh).
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #113
Hammer tore Richmond up on a few occasions, so they were fooled into giving something decent up for him. Don't reckon Robby will attract much interest.

Reply #114
Reckon Robby may just win a few hearts if he's given a few games.
Needs some confidence and continuity will get better as the team starts to settle.
Ciao

Reply #115
Reckon Robby may just win a few hearts if he's given a few games.
Needs some confidence and continuity will get better as the team starts to settle.
Ciao

The bloke has played a few great games - finals included, so he can do it. just needs to keep working hard around the ground....i imagine he's a decent runner....?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #116
The bloke has played a few great games - finals included, so he can do it. just needs to keep working hard around the ground....i imagine he's a decent runner....?
The problem with Robbie is (like most of our list) that he is too nice. A good modern day ruckman needs to be able to switch between a rough and tumble blue collar battering ram and a polished 5th midfielder (ala Dean Cox). Tap work is one small part of this which Robbie has down pat. The rest? Nowhere near it I'm afraid. Kruze, if he could get an injury free run and get some continuity, is in many ways, the model ruckman. Tireless worker, fearsome competitor with a never say die attitude.

Reply #117
Nah the problem with Warnock is that for a bloke that is 206cm tall, he simply cannot even get his hands to the ball in a marking contest, let alone actually take the mark!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #119
The problem with Robbie is (like most of our list) that .....

.....he hears footsteps!

206 has never recovered from the hit by Enright, something Lewis just got a two weeks for doing to Goldstein but Enright got nothing for whacking Warnock!

People think I am paranoid about a bias against Carlton, but it is there in that non-sanction and other non-events. It's also there in cases that appear to be active discrimination such as the Yarran case, contrast by Lewis and Hodge this week! Both from the AFL Media and the AFL Administration!

One or two such events might be coincidence, but when you see a pattern of these things happening time and time again it isn't down to luck! Some of my other more memorable ones;

Hunt stands on Betts hand.
Hodge hits Murphy high.
Ziebell smashes Simpson.
Ziebell smashes Joseph.
Chapman lags on Yarran.
Goddard stages then lags on Yarran.
Goddard stages then McLean gets free kicked bumping(Too Hard!)
Williams gets 44 possessions, is named BOG by every media entity and gets zero Brownlow votes.
Carlton get stung for TPP a $1M fine and two years, EFC get stung for TPP gets $50K fine and wins the flag!
Milburn smashes Silvagni blind and gets suspended for a dangerous tackle!

These aren't grey or vague events, they are blatant and obvious!
The Force Awakens!