Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Reflection: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 24434 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Reflection: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #60
Thomas should be tapped on the shoulder next week.

As for Buckley, there are heaps of others ahead of him on the axe list so let him stay for next season. If we could suitably replace 18-20 players in one off-season then they should be more ruthless than ever seen.

The 700k he gets a year means that tap won't be coming for another 12 months unfortunately.

As for Buckley I like what he offers, he the ability to be very good if he has much needed consistency. That's what has held him back before. That ability to run at real pace, break lines, then boot the long goal is something we don't have much off.

Reply #61
Ummmmm.....that's a resounding 'no' from me.

Agree Buckley is terrible, if it  wasn't  for his dad everyone would agree that he's  a spud.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #62
Have they done themselves a lot of harm if they lose pick 1?
Is there a standout?
Pick 2 is probably as good as pick 1

PSD may be a different story. We'll have to wait and see what's available.
That's the point.  If they have the 1st pick in the draft, they'll use that to threaten clubs who have youngsters who are out of contract.  For example, if O'Meara says he wants to go to EFC, Gold Coast is stuffed.  Usually, the wooden spooner can't attract star players and the possibility of going there forces players to be reasonable.  If Brisbane has the No. 1 PSD pick, players will make sure they don't have to go into the PSD.  But EFC will have a pretty good list and may play finals, so players may want to go there.

I think, though, that the threat of being forced into the PSD isn't as strong as it was when Nick Stevens aimed at Collingwood but landed in Carlton.  Stevens remained under contract until the ND was over, so he had to wait for the PSD.  I'm not sure, but I think players can now go into the ND if they prefer.  It used to be that players could only nominate their terms if they waited for the PSD but IIRC they can nominate them in the ND now.  So if the Lions win the spoon and GC doesn't trade O'Meara, he can go into the ND and the Lions might not pick him up if they have to use their early picks on Academy players.

Reply #63
Agree Buckley is terrible, if it  wasn't  for his dad everyone would agree that he's  a spud.

I guess we see things differently
I like him.
The fact his dad was a favourite doesn't enter into it as far as I'm concerned.
Tries to do a bit much at times (a man needs to know his limitations) but gives an effort.
Far from our worst player and I would be very surprised if he was among the cullings.

Reply #64
To bolton ,why do we kick the ball long or bomb it into our fwd line ,only to watch ess spoil and then they run it out with ease to there open fwd line where there is space everwhere and then watch ess kick easy goals we are so PREDICTABLe,funny part is we fail in this game plan ,so bolts find are new game plan for 2017 .

Reply #65
YAY the season is over and another finals series watching from home which is the saddest bit of all.

Reply #66

Way too harsh I can pick another 10 players that were worse today.

Reply #67

The question isnt just about today its about his time at the club and has he improved and become consistent enough....being better than 10 other players today doesnt mean much given how poor
we were....

Reply #68
If the last 15 years has taught us anything is that today was a forgone conclusion and was always going to happen.

Has there ever been a club able to disappoint their fans than Carlton outside of Richmond?

It's days like today that make me embarrassed to follow this once great club. We're an absolute joke. I hope SOS and Bolton start the delisting process straight after that game. I don't give a sh*t who is shown the door outside of Cripps, Docherty, Silvagni and Weitering. The rest can go and get f*cked.

Kreuzer - Absolute joke and embarrasses himself week in week out. Shocked that he was taken and number one. Most uncordinated player in teh AFL and that includes player like Port's Butcher.
Kerridge - My God, does he have any redeeming feature? Turn over merchant extraordinaire
Jones - Faaaaaarrrrkkkk!
Rowe - FFFFAAAARRRRKKKK!
Graham - What does he provide out side of slipping over and one paced nothingness?
Thomas - Thanks Malthouse, you pr*ck!
Casboult - I used to like this bloke, but I'm over the misses from 25 metres out directly in front. If you can't improve after being on the list for 6 or 7 years, there is no hope for you. F*ck off! Pity we just re-signed him.... FFFFFAAAARRRKKK!!!!

We're a joke, and there will be another 5 years of this, mark my words. We are the new St Kilda of the 80's and Melbourne of the last 10 years.

We are the new Carlton of the 2000's......hang on! :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #69
In a positive, more good signs from Cuningham.

6 years with SOS in charge of drafting and trading and we'll be a powerhouse.

Reply #71

Then you mustn't have watched the game in that case.......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #73
I am bewildered today 16 first round draft picks no identifiable game plan sadly beaten by a average team with ten players out then watch the after match in the rooms and you see players smiing is bolts too nice or does it just not matter