Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle (Read 55198 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle

Reply #60
We've leapt up the ladder. Gone from pick 1 to pick 4...lol.

Suppose when you have a percentage of bugger all a 4 pts win is a big percentage booster...lol.

Reply #61
Sumner really impressed me.  His trapping of the ball in the last that led to Murphs goal was one of the more skilful acts in the whole game.

Matty Wright was terrific in and under.  I can see why the Crows ditched him but I'm glad we picked him up.

Reply #62

Hopefully we are injury free, noticed Murphy had a bit of a hobble up, heard on the radio Weiters might have an injury late in the game.

It might be time to give Weitering a rest? We don't want to wreck him so early in his career. We have Jamieson available for next week.

Reply #63
Nice to see Bolts keeping it in perspective after the game, sowing a few more seeds, praised some of the old guys, was a bit reserved regarding Jones not going OTT.

Small steps.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
It might be time to give Weitering a rest? We don't want to wreck him so early in his career. We have Jamieson available for next week.

As much as I love watching him play, I wholeheartedly agree.

Reply #65

Could be onto something there, planning for his career not the next game.

I'd heard Jammo limped off the ground in the last Qtr at Preston. But 1AW might be back, Armfield is played two good games in a row and Jaksch was serviceable at both ends. Although any player would want to get hold of EFC next week on a six day break after they and Collingwood hopefully smash the hell out of each other tomorrow.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #66
As much as I love watching him play, I wholeheartedly agree.

Weitering is the main reason we're keeping teams below 100.  I can understand the desire to rest him but I'd like to see him make it to the bye.  Charlie C is growing in confidence in every game.  Love him.

Reply #67
Could be onto something there, planning for his career not the next game.

I'd heard Jammo limped off the ground in the last Qtr at Preston. But 1AW might be back, Armfield is played two good games in a row and Jaksch was serviceable at both ends. Although any player would want to get hold of EFC next week on a six day break after they and Collingwood hopefully smash the hell out of each other tomorrow.

If that's the case, Jaksch or maybe Glass  McKasker ca get a call-up?

Reply #68
Wow Jeza....

I am not Liam Jones biggest fan, but he worked really hard today, got himself in good positions only to be missed by foot or overlooked. lamb beat Pearce one on one for a great goal but Liam had made a really good lead and should gave bee spotted up.

His two goals were reward for effort and we looked better with a few targets.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #69
Of all the goddam weekends to not have any TV coverage of the match .......  >:D

In regards to the result ......... how the **** did that happen anyway ??  :o

Freo are a complete rabble right now and the recent resigning of Lyon till 2020 is a massive administrative blunder. If that was any other coach, he'd be sacked this week for sure.

Great result for Bolton who clearly has worked tirelessly on building spirit and respect for each other amongst the playing group. Wins will be like hens teeth this year but if you keep going at it hard week after week, you just never know what might happen.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #71
Just home from the game.

Terrific win. Yes ugly footy but it was high pressure all day.
It was like the tropics there today, ball was like a cake of soap late in the game.

We out worked them and the mistakes came from pressure. It was not the footy we've seen all season from other teams and that's because we chose to make it a battle.

The guys that went out today can be justifiably proud G the effort they put in.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #72
Of all the goddam weekends to not have any TV coverage of the match .......  >:D

I had to listen to the radio too. Those interstate broadcasters give very biased commentary.

Reply #73
I had to listen to the radio too. Those interstate broadcasters give very biased commentary.

All the interstate commentators are biased.  You'd never believe there was another team out there.

Reply #74
All the interstate commentators are biased.  You'd never believe there was another team out there.

I didn't think the ABC radio commentators were all that bad rbh.