Skip to main content
Topic: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble) (Read 57679 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble)

Reply #60
Nah, someone had to give salary cap wise and he was it, he was deemed expendable so to speak. MM convinced him to come to Carlton, not to leave Sydney.

He's not hopeless by any means but he is a little soft.

So your argument is that because he was released by the Fluffy Ducks he's no good?  ???
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #61
So your argument is that because he was released by the Fluffy Ducks he's no good?  ???

No because he's been released by two clubs, which I clearly initially said, suggests that he's only average and it doesn't surprise me that he's not playing too well. His career has certainly not lived up to his first round pick status.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #62
70 point loss coming. ..

Cameron will kick 8....

Reply #63
we're tanking

Reply #64
we're tanking

I think I may have posted this before, but if we are tanking then Mick is probably staying IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65
Did anyone see the footage of Mick after our most recent loss? If we're tanking he has nothing to do with it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #66
I don't think we're tanking we're just kr@p.
On the Jones debate I agree he needs to be dropped, but to bring in a spud like Watson to replace him is a mistake. Please nobody give me the "he needs a chance" argument. He's had plenty. Just look at how he plays. He's lazy, unaccountable, bad skill set and relatively soft.
Wait a minute!
I stand corrected. He is an obvious choice for selection this week.

Reply #67
Did anyone see the footage of Mick after our most recent loss? If we're tanking he has nothing to do with it.
Malthouse is trying hard. He is not tanking.
Are we tanking? Or are we as bad as it looks? We won't know the answer until we have something like a full list. If we come out to play.....
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #68
Jones needs to go back as he is making a mockery of this supposed culture building. If his name was j. Waite, Madhouse would have already organised the public stoning before this week's match.

Reply #69
Malthouse is trying hard. He is not tanking.
Are we tanking? Or are we as bad as it looks? We won't know the answer until we have something like a full list. If we come out to play.....

If MM is not tanking then the club is not tanking. The players may just not be consciously or unconsciously trying or playing for the coach but I wouldn't call that tanking which is really trying consciously to improve your draft position.

Reply #70
Jones needs to go back as he is making a mockery of this supposed culture building. If his name was j. Waite, Madhouse would have already organised the public stoning before this week's match.

I'm not so sure.

He definately looks like he is trying, and you can't say that our ball use has given him (or any of our forwards) much chance to show his stuff.

He has failed to kick straight when he has had opportunities but I think he is not as bad as advertised and nor do I think that Watson will yield significantly different results if we delivered him the footy.

The other scenario is that things are still relatively new down there.  Our forward 6 I don't think couldnt have looked more different this season if we tried, and although we are losing patience we have no idea what is trying to be achieved currently.

Sure put in Watson though he has kicked a few goals in the VFL and deserves his chance at least.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
Nah, someone had to give salary cap wise and he was it, he was deemed expendable so to speak. MM convinced him to come to Carlton, not to leave Sydney.

He's not hopeless by any means but he is a little soft.

A little soft... a Lot soft. Hates the physical stuff. Will noticeably take short steps or back away. He's not on his pat at the moment though.

@IOT

Spot on, Waite would have been dropped twice. It's not like when we had 40 inside 50's and Waite got dropped. We have beaten most teams in Clearances, Contested Posessions and even on possessions and havent kicked more than 11 goals and getting slaughtered on the counter.

Some of that is our slow slow movement of the ball, lack of skills, but our forwards DO NOT WORK to either make position or create space. They call for it to be bombed on their head.

When's the last time we hit a leading forward lace out, after cutting through the middle?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #72
A little soft... a Lot soft. Hates the physical stuff. Will noticeably take short steps or back away. He's not on his pat at the moment though.

@IOT

Spot on, Waite would have been dropped twice. It's not like when we had 40 inside 50's and Waite got dropped. We have beaten most teams in Clearances, Contested Posessions and even on possessions and havent kicked more than 11 goals and getting slaughtered on the counter.

Some of that is our slow slow movement of the ball, lack of skills, but our forwards DO NOT WORK to either make position or create space. They call for it to be bombed on their head.

When's the last time we hit a leading forward lace out, after cutting through the middle?

Was at the Lions game and watched carefully for this - we do not have any leading forwards.

Reply #73
Drool, Hoops to Fev...

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/M7lEN7hI_yo[/flash]
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #74
No because he's been released by two clubs, which I clearly initially said, suggests that he's only average and it doesn't surprise me that he's not playing too well. His career has certainly not lived up to his first round pick status.

Personally I don't care if he's had 10 previous clubs, it's what he does at this one that counts.

To me he seems to be that 15-20th picked bloke, the one who can do really good work when the side is performing at a higher standard. But, when things are tough, like now, he's unlikely to be the type to get down and dirty with desperate sacrificial acts to inspire and lift... but he's got a lot of mates. Personally I do not see him as a swingman. I think he's a third tall forward who can play high (up to the wing) and drift deep into the forward line as well. Much rather see him as the third tall than Jones. He's got good skills and would be, at this stage, easily in our best 22.

Every side needs good finishers/outside blokes and though they may appear to lack ticker when it's gruesomely tough, they're the blokes who can finish the hard work of the bullockers. Braddles was not a hard in and under, but his effectiveness was amazing. Expecting Gibbs to be a hard in-and-under midfield is a folly and embarrassing to him and the side. His talents are at times sublime, hence he should be playing the outside/finishing stuff. I'd even much rather see Murph doing more outside and less mongrel stuff - he's just too small. The sooner the Crippses, Whileys, Bells and so on take over the midfield hard stuff the better.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17