Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs. Hawthorn (Read 47190 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs. Hawthorn

Reply #135
Not sure why he picked Bruest  to try and get cute(baulk around) with near goals....play the percentages man , kick the fecking thing.....a hot cross bun nearly got launched at the TV when he attempted that move...

I’ve been angling for a new tv for weeks, almost got one today when jones did thst followed by LOB, my cuppa tea almost found its way through the plasma

Reply #136
I’ve been angling for a new tv for weeks, almost got one today when jones did thst followed by LOB, my cuppa tea almost found its way through the plasma

A cup of tea would certainly do more damage than a HCB, unless said HCB is a month old and has thus petrified.

Reply #137
No, not his best, but he's been rock solid for us down back, so I for one will cut him some slack. And he took a few killer marks today as well.

The problem with Jones has always been that his howlers, really, really howl. But his good outweighs the bad at the moment, and he's a worthy member of our back 6 IMO.

x2...Him and Weitering have been good this season, plus the alternatives in the NB's are very uninspiring, love his marking but he needs to get more conservative
with his disposal near goal. Docherty and Williamson back in at some stage should give him some alternatives to use so he isnt faced with too much thinking...thats his problem when he has to think too much..

Reply #138
Nice post lods. But the Bolton haters would still not be happy. They would complain that a 1 point win isn't good enough, that the players made Bolton look better than he is, that we should never surrender such a big lead etc.

Wow, that's one out of left field! I've read all the posts and don't recall anyone saying any such thing. Most have differentiated and stated their case either fer or agin BB and/or his decisions or lack thereof, and likewise certain players. And I'm pretty sure no-one would have complained about a 1 point win... but we didn't win, and my uncle hasn't got boobies so he remains my uncle... if you get my drift, there's no escaping reality. You're not on the red again, are you?  ;) ;) ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #139
Sick to death of people knocking the coach without coming up with an alternative. I've just been through this whole thread and I didn't see one suggestion of who could do better.

Tried and tested coaches?

Clarkson - Ian Aitken incident, 'unsociable-football' (sniping) etc
Longmire - unwatchable possession football where the whistle goes off every 10 seconds does my head in
Ross Lyon - bridesmaid. Negative football.
Worsfold - needs success at a second club to prove himself in my mind, because he had an awesome side in the west.
Scott brothers - No.

No going to bother going through them all.

Not going to mention his name because people on this site hate him so I will throw out a cryptic clue. Hint its not Skippy.

You will think I need my head read but I would take Buckley, but we would never get him.

Maybe we need a someone who has been through a good system has seen what is required for success and is ready to take the next step. Thats what we have now.

Someone please name me another to roll the dice on (SO WE CAN START AGAIN !!!!!!!!) or put up and shut up.

Brett Ratten couldn't defend against a rampaging Suns because he had no plan B back then. That was is his coach killer game. He is about the only other  I could accept as a replacement.

I'm not going to mention his name because a lot of people on this site don't like him so here is a cryptic clue. Hint it's not Skippy.

Reply #140
Paul is pissing in the wind.

Reminds me of Mav defending Pagan....  :-[ :-[
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #141
Our kick-ins need work as we’re far too predictable relative to opposition sides

Our spread from the contest needs work and in the 3rd quarter the Hawks rum further, faster

The two most defining issues today were Plowman’s poor disposal (including passing to players under enormous pressure) and Kreuzers absence from the ruck in the second half.

Ed Curnow, Plowman and Dow need to tidy up their disposal.

Reply #142
Frees were 19 to 10, no need to say who got the 10. Add that shocking bounce that should've been recalled that resulted in a direct goal. Maybe its time we stopped being Mr nice guy and asked a few questions about the ump's.

Reply #144
It's a funny old thread this.

I think we all have our own perceptions on what happened out there today and are pretty much sticking by them.
Maybe a day or two's reflection will change that,

What I saw

We were as good in the first half as we were last week.
After half time the Hawks raised their level of intensity and pressure and basically out-muscled us.
We suffered some significant injuries that really hurt our structure especially in defence…. which looked as unsure as it has at any time this season.
'Capitulation' has been used a couple of times....I didn't see that,
We surrendered a lead...but I don't think we ever capitulated.
In fact having weathered the onslaught and surrendered the lead we fought back to even up the contest and in fact it was the Hawks who were looking a bit fragile at the finish....I don't like to use the "what might have been" but the reality is that had the siren gone a couple of seconds later Harry could have been lining up to win the game.

This thread would be completely different.

I used that word and should clarify, the third qtr was a capitulation. But I did say in the same post that the way we fought it out late in the last qtr which showed fiber and that's a strong positive.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #145
Our kick-ins need work as we’re far too predictable relative to opposition sides

Our spread from the contest needs work and in the 3rd quarter the Hawks rum further, faster

The two most defining issues today were Plowman’s poor disposal (including passing to players under enormous pressure) and Kreuzers absence from the ruck in the second half.

Ed Curnow, Plowman and Dow need to tidy up their disposal.

Dow needs a run in the 2s....he does sfa generally.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #146
Frees were 19 to 10, no need to say who got the 10. Add that shocking bounce that should've been recalled that resulted in a direct goal. Maybe its time we stopped being Mr nice guy and asked a few questions about the ump's.

What was the fifty for?

Reply #147
Rubbish, when the opportunity cost is leaving leading players on the other team running rampant because our only tagger is trying to snag a goal (and essentially has zero idea how to be a forward).

That's a dumb comment.

Its not a dumb comment, and a little civility goes a long way, especially after a loss.

Tagging is a tradeoff.  Playing Curnow in the middle in a tagging role is robbing another younger more creative player of very valuable time in contests, and probably giving up 15-20 possessions over a game in exchange for cutting 10-15 from an opponent.  Cripps got sat on today by Howe and still managed 28 touches.  Curnow got 24 touches and kicked a goal at half forward.  Its a trade off and we lost by 5 points. 

Reply #148
Wow, that's one out of left field! I've read all the posts and don't recall anyone saying any such thing. Most have differentiated and stated their case either fer or agin BB and/or his decisions or lack thereof, and likewise certain players. And I'm pretty sure no-one would have complained about a 1 point win... but we didn't win, and my uncle hasn't got boobies so he remains my uncle... if you get my drift, there's no escaping reality. You're not on the red again, are you?  ;) ;) ;D

I actually don't drink much, which is a problem in itself, but that's another story.

I have no doubt that some on here would not have been happy with a 1 point win. Some things don't need to be spelt out.

Reply #149

It’s not even the ones they get... it’s what they get away with. Pretty smart though - if you hold H and Crippa, 50 times, off the ball, and get pinged once, then it’s worth it.... been doing it for the entire Clarkson duration