Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 17: Post Game whatever : Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 48369 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 17: Post Game whatever : Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #30
We've broken through the 60% barrier... 59.6%  :(
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
The issue with today wasn't a lack of effort.
We were just outclassed.
The fact that we were able to kick a few goals in a row indicates we were still trying....their effort just dropped off.
Clarkson wouldn't have been happy...and any day that Clarkson isn't happy can't be all bad. ;)

Reply #32
Listened to Whateley on SEN while at the ground. He is a flog and totally anti Carlton and has us in the crosshairs.

...well, we sure are giving our critics plenty of ammunition...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
Reckon Kruezer will come back for Levi but play more forward.....Lobbe has to stay in IMO...Witts had 56 hitouts and 9 tackles vs Sydney and usually does well vs Kreuzer...

re: Kennedy....still not convinced, 1st quarter was terrible, just handed the ball to Hawks players but did improve as the game went on...not a frontline mid IMO..more your Blue Collar 4th mid who needs some class around him to make up for his rough disposal....

No two ruckmen. It's does Harry alot of good running around the ground right now chasing marks and kicks. That's alot more important. Mightn't win a tap but stiff $hit as long as he is getting his hands on the ball it will only help his confidence. Some rucking made Levi a better player over the years, he would've been done long ago without that as he game would've fallen right away, and will make Harry alot more so than Levi as he is infinitely more talented.

Reply #34
I was firmly in the BB camp until recently. If you can't galvanize a group with their backs to the wall... well, they aren't hearing you.

We can't keep going backwards and seeming unprepared, insipid, with a confusing game plan. These kids need an experienced bloke with his own team of assistants to give the present list something to look forward to next year... not more of the same, nuh.

I don't think they can get rid of Bolton unless they all hand in their tickets.
They're joined at the hip...although when you look at it.... there aren't many architects of the rebuild left.
Whose idea was it anyway ::)

Reply #35
re: Polson...got taken high IMO...Mitchell being a name player got the 50/50 his way...
Where are we?...we need a reset on the rebuild.....we have injuries but we dont have enough bigger bodies anyway...eg Matt Shaw
was recruited to provide a bigger body and mature age backup but he looks slender vs the Hawks bigger bodies.
10 players cut and some bigger mature bodies brought in..I looked at the Pies game and at Mihocek who kicked 4 goals and he is that utility type tall we need, big strong body honed in the VFL and at 25 ready to play AFL footy and who can take a hit and give one....
Its not a crime anymore to take players from the VFL/WAFL/SANFL and we need some of these freebies that other teams have the knack of picking up and who can fill some holes on the list..

We need to recruit bigger bodies, but classy ones, not  GWS steak knives and delisted free agents. We have alot of good, young kids. It's not been one of our strengths recruiting from state leagues so it's something we need to get right.

Reply #36
Listened to Whateley on SEN while at the ground. He is a flog and totally anti Carlton and has us in the crosshairs.

On the agenda of most media commentators is kicking the boots in to us. Whateley has much more freedom on SEN to become the shock jock he has always wanted to be. We are simply an avenue for him. The day we next beat Geelong..I don't know when but I will be calling 9429 1116 very sharply
Pls kick straight Harry

Reply #37
The end of season can't come quick enough.
Indeed. Performances with so little heart are not good for my mental health.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #38

He was about 20 years old when we flogged his beloved Geelong in 95.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
On the agenda of most media commentators is kicking the boots in to us. Whateley has much more freedom on SEN to become the shock jock he has always wanted to be. We are simply an avenue for him. The day we next beat Geelong..I don't know when but I will be calling 9429 1116 very sharply

We're everybody's easy target atm and it's become a feeding frenzy. Just shows what a pack of lazy ass-wipes most of 'em in the media are. Little attempt at serious unbiased analysis just 3rd rate finger pointing - probably that's all they are capable of. Still, we have to put up with it - for now!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #40
I still believe in what they’re doing and losing Gibbs and Doch and all the ongoing injuries just hurt more and more.

But when we get a run on, we look good! We are bottom of the ladder, the youngsters are hurting, the old ones are fried - we will go again next year and see. If this time next year it’s same old then there has to be changes made. But until then...

On the commentators, it’s pretty lazy commentating to just continue putting the boot in.  Ffs D King said the punch to Cripps’ jaw was unintentional.  Kellie corrected him and said that was clearly intentional. They lose credibility when they speak sh*t

Reply #41
  Ladbrokes.com.au
@ladbrokescomau
·
3h
We've paid out on all mythical bets on Fitzroy 1996 beating the 2018 Carlton side in an imagination match.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #42
The issue with today wasn't a lack of effort.
We were just outclassed.
The fact that we were able to kick a few goals in a row indicates we were still trying....their effort just dropped off.
Clarkson wouldn't have been happy...and any day that Clarkson isn't happy can't be all bad. ;)
Well I wouldn't have described us as putting in a lot of effort. I saw plenty of players standing in space, not chasing and watching Hawthorn players run off them harder into the forward 50.
Today was a combination of poor attitude, bad tactics (our zone defence is just deplorable and must be abandoned), lazy running and terrible skills.
When one or two players have bad attitude, are a bit lazy and can't kick you can point the finger at the individual. When an entire team plays that way you have to look at the coaching group and question if you've got the right brains sending messages to the feet.

Reply #43
I still believe in what they’re doing and losing Gibbs and Doch and all the ongoing injuries just hurt more and more.

But when we get a run on, we look good! We are bottom of the ladder, the youngsters are hurting, the old ones are fried - we will go again next year and see. If this time next year it’s same old then there has to be changes made. But until then...

On the commentators, it’s pretty lazy commentating to just continue putting the boot in.  Ffs D King said the punch to Cripps’ jaw was unintentional.  Kellie corrected him and said that was clearly intentional. They lose credibility when they speak sh*t
To add to those injuries Bolton thinks Fisher may have fractured his leg:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-22/bolton-nervous-about-young-blues-injury

Reply #44
Clean up the disposal,  ditch that screwing useless zone defence and swapout the dead wood for blokes that can actually play we will be 1000 percent better. Giving a rats counts for a lot too.

I don't give a flying rats who you are but trying costs nothing.   Levi Casboult was piss weak today and guilty of not trying,  and that's not only inexcusable but that attitude spreads through the team faster than head lice through a kindergarten.  I'd tell this continual non-performer to clean out his locker tommorrow morning,  down right disgraceful from him today.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?