Skip to main content
Topic: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating (Read 56230 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating

Reply #165
 ::)

It's been 7 months without footy. Stop whining already and get into it. We'll loose tonight but that's not the point.

On a side note. Does anyone actually rate Rohan Connolly? Gee I don't like that guy. Listened to him earlier on SEN and can happily state that I did not miss him. Viney can be a twat too, but is man enough to own up to being wrong when it's time. Red and Black tinted Bomber apologist Connolly is close enough to Luke D'Arcy quality to start checking family genes.

Either way, football is back. Oh how how I have missed you so!!! >:D
Keep the Faith

Reply #166
::)

It's been 7 months without footy. Stop whining already and get into it. We'll loose tonight but that's not the point.

On a side note. Does anyone actually rate Rohan Connolly? Gee I don't like that guy. Listened to him earlier on SEN and can happily state that I did not miss him. Viney can be a twat too, but is man enough to own up to being wrong when it's time. Red and Black tinted Bomber apologist Connolly is close enough to Luke D'Arcy quality to start checking family genes.

Either way, football is back. Oh how how I have missed you so!!! >:D

Connolly has his own form of logic. Waffles on about obscure and unimportant events in the game choosing to ignore what the rest of us are talking about, because it gives him the "^@ts. Staggers me that we retains a football related role.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #167
Really can't be arsed going tonight....

Too late on a school night  :(

i absolutely agree. for the first time I am contemplating not going. if we win, get hyped and cannot sleep. Dont win, get stressed and hyped and cannot sleep for an intense work week and school week for children

the AFL is eating itself now and Vlad and media should all take a good hard look at themselves..

The AFL would've been stupid to schedule the game while the Grand Prix is on. I hate the idea of a split round, though. They should've just had a full round next week.

thats the point - the AFL are only listening to the media - hence the split round, because the media interests say "well we (afl) cannot complete with the grand prix". This type of thinking is absolutely misguided garbage. Car racing is a totally different market to AFL. It indicates to me that the AFL are weak, listen too much to the broadcasters and do not have confidence in their own product.

Reply #168
Just looked up the TV guide for Sydney and found no coverage of our game - not happy Jan !!

I just moved to Sydney Sheik. I am also not happy!

Gents, same in ACT. Found a solution, for this game anyway...
AFL running a registration promo on the website. Sign up to a
Subscription and get a free Week trial period. Unsubscribe
Before the week is up and you won't be charged.
I'm going to hook up the laptop to the TV and watch that way...

Reply #169
Just looked up the TV guide for Sydney and found no coverage of our game - not happy Jan !!

Klingas, you are a gun!
I was looking into paying for Foxtel but with a young family (who really should not be encouraged to watch tv), I cannot justify the cost.
I still may head to the local pub to watch the second half once the little one is in bed but your idea sounds a bit more attractive.

Reply #170

Klingas, you are a gun!
I was looking into paying for Foxtel but with a young family (who really should not be encouraged to watch tv), I cannot justify the cost.
I still may head to the local pub to watch the second half once the little one is in bed but your idea sounds a bit more attractive.

The Mrs doesn't have to like the justification.

Just go through old geischen and vlad interviews and you will get the idea.

Reply #171

Good news. Saves me 2hours of driving. Have to be up by 5.30 tomorrow. Thoughtless programming AFL!

Reply #172

And he speaks with such a smug voice, typical scum.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #173

No one is more disingenuous tha Darcy. Did you watch the per-game crapola last night? Where's Before The Game?

Reply #174

No one is more disingenuous tha Darcy. Did you watch the per-game crapola last night? Where's Before The Game?

Can't stand any of the Essenscum journos as well as 'look at me, look at me' Darcy.
It's a pity we don't have any good Carlton journos and commentators.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #175

I couldn't believe it when told but its been axed.  The one bloody show I looked forward to compared to all the other footy crap on these days and its gone.

Reply #176

Can't stand any of the Essenscum journos as well as 'look at me, look at me' Darcy.

Sam Pang is good. What I hate is Ch7 thinks that ex-footballers somehow have comedic talent. Ling, Darcy, Taylor, Bruuuuuuuuuccceeee and Cometti = not funny. Lehmo, Hughesy, Mick Molloy all work well together. Mick Molloy looked lost last night.
I suppose the ex-footballers are there for their knowledge of the game, but they never criticise in case they offend someone.

Reply #177

Sam Pang is good. What I hate is Ch7 thinks that ex-footballers somehow have comedic talent. Ling, Darcy, Taylor, Bruuuuuuuuuccceeee and Cometti = not funny. Lehmo, Hughesy, Mick Molloy all work well together. Mick Molloy looked lost last night.
I suppose the ex-footballers are there for their knowledge of the game, but they never criticise in case they offend someone.

Hughesy is good but not actually a journo and Molloy is a barrel of laughs but you can't take a Richmond supporter seriously.
Andy Maher is about as good as we have got at the moment. And on the Blue Print he is great.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #178
Carlton by 6 goals, Yarran to kick 3.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #179
I've decided to go. Can't handle watching it on TV. I have faith. We will win by 17 points. Garlett will cut loose with 4 goals. Kreuzer will dominate.