Skip to main content
Topic: R7. Blues V Pies (Read 68170 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R7. Blues V Pies

Reply #45
Seriously if people are not freighted about what potentially could happen Friday night you must be disillusioned. 

Explain to me how we are going to stop Beams, Pendles, Swan, Sidebottom.  The way Macaffer is going it’s a safer bet he ill impact the performance of one of our mids most likely the skipper. 

We're always a show when Brettie makes predictions like the above.

Reply #46
The more I read from the doomsayers the more I think we'll win. Handy I flying out at around half time but! :)

Reply #47
No doubt the Pies will be a very tough gig, but after what we saw last Sat, if we could repeat that, we be at least show. Go blues - for inspiration, just think of the look on Eddie McDropPunt's face if we pull it off!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
TACKLE TACKLE hard no room pressure on the ball carrier we must do this i do not want to see loose coll players anwhere.LINE IN THE SAND.

Reply #49
TACKLE TACKLE hard no room pressure on the ball carrier we must do this i do not want to see loose coll players anwhere.LINE IN THE SAND.

Yep - relentless pressure will get the job done, got no doubts.....just don't think we've got the ability to do it for long enough. We flip-flop too much within games.....hence we are where we are.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #50
Hearing Suntan Wallace referring to H/O by his new name was a little vomit worthy. No disrespect intended to Heritier but gee its hard to get used to. Anyway blues by 10,000 points
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #51
Looks like you still need some convincing Brettie. so I'll start.

Warnock. All of a sudden he's in career best and AA form. In the last two weeks he's beaten an AA ruckman and the best combo in the comp. Wayne Johnson said at the start of the season that he would be the key and its looking that way. He has the number one spot locked in for the first time at the club and his confidence is showing it.

I'll give you more reasons later but that's a good start.

Reply #52
No doubt the Pies will be a very tough gig, but after what we saw last Sat, if we could repeat that, we be at least show. Go blues - for inspiration, just think of the look on Eddie McDropPunt's face if we pull it off!

And we'll all be a mob of C's, and he'll tell us about it. ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #53
Even our very best won't win us this one.....

Oh yes it will!
We're talking about Collingwood remember, get on top of them and they crumble.

Like when the scum got on top of them on Anzac Day?
P2C gold
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #54

Warnock. All of a sudden he's in career best and AA form. In the last two weeks he's beaten an AA ruckman and the best combo in the comp. Wayne Johnson said at the start of the season that he would be the key and its looking that way. He has the number one spot locked in for the first time at the club and his confidence is showing it.

Warnock broke even with Minson and gave an honourable contest against Cox and Natanui.  He did some damn good ruckwork but Cox and Natanui both had more of the ball and more impact.

The only reason he has the first ruck spot locked in is because there's no-one else.

Hope he has a blinder on Friday though!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #55

Warnock broke even with Minson and gave an honourable contest against Cox and Natanui.  He did some damn good ruckwork but Cox and Natanui both had more of the ball and more impact.

The only reason he has the first ruck spot locked in is because there's no-one else.

Harsh
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #56

Nothing wrong with a bit of imbellishment for a good cause. Warnock's work when it mattered in the last quarter was better than that though.

Reply #57
Warnock's been good.

Having him (effectively)  solo also allows us to have one more runner/utility.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #58

Nothing wrong with a bit of imbellishment for a good cause. Warnock's work when it mattered in the last quarter was better than that though.

Can't fault that!

I agree that some of Warnock's ruckwork was very good and virtually created clearances for us.  However, he was up against one of the best contemporary rucks and an unfit and out of form athletic freak.  Casboult was a bit of a non-event in ruck contests so Warnock effectively took on both Cox and Natanui and it's not surprising that they took the points.  Warnock has to be given credit for his performance though.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #59
Warnock is good enough IMO. If we are looking for areas we need to improve on he is not the highest priority by a long shot!
Reality always wins in the end.