Skip to main content
Topic: R7. Blues V Pies (Read 68204 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R7. Blues V Pies

Reply #60
So thats covered. Second reason why I think we can win was the dropping of Waite and Garlett. It was probably done with a view to this match. There's been a big change in both players and I think the team because of that. MM was knocked by a few on here for doing that but I don't see anyone questioning it now.

Reply #61
So thats covered. Second reason why I think we can win was the dropping of Waite and Garlett. It was probably done with a view to this match. There's been a big change in both players and I think the team because of that. MM was knocked by a few on here for doing that but I don't see anyone questioning it now.

Losing to Melbourne was all part of the plan then.

Reply #62

I still question it. We should be 3-3 at minimum.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #63
TACKLE TACKLE hard no room pressure on the ball carrier we must do this i do not want to see loose coll players anwhere.LINE IN THE SAND.

Yep - relentless pressure will get the job done, got no doubts.....just don't think we've got the ability to do it for long enough. We flip-flop too much within games.....hence we are where we are.....

Yet, the Pies are extremely working class, nothing more, nothing less. You know what you're going to get... but they do lack class.

Carlton has much, much more X factor - for the better and worse - Yazz, Garlett, Menzel, Levi, Waite, even Daisy is now finding his feet at CFC....?

We go out there to win, we will win. Easily.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #64

More of an unfortunate coincidence IOT.

Reply #65
Warnock is good enough IMO. If we are looking for areas we need to improve on he is not the highest priority by a long shot!

I think getting outmarked by Bennell shows there is huge room for improvement as far as Warnock is concerned Cookie.  However, I'll concede that Casboult's kicking is a higher priority, particularly if he continues to take marks inside 50  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #66

I still question it. We should be 3-3 at minimum.

Agree Carrots. We should really be 4-2, but we aren't so we move forward.

The Port result now has some context. (not a massive concern)
We should have beaten Ninthmond. (Let one slip)
The wheels fell off against the scum. ( A major let down)
Well and truly lost the plot against Melbourne. (Hit rock bottom, and it showed.)
Rebounded in the best possible way against the dogs. ( Played with passion, and defended a lead whilst cruelled by injury)
Undermanned but determined. A great come from behind win against the weagles. ( Backed up the passion!!)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #67

More of an unfortunate coincidence IOT.

Absolute boloney. We dominated disposals, contested disposals, uncontested, marks, bounces, inside 50s,, hit outs, 1%s, clearances, centre clearances and stoppage clearances. We lost marks inside 50 3-11 and just couldn't put it on the scoreboard. I agree with Garlett being dropped but dropping Waite was a foolish move. It's quite clear what the issue was. Let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story huh?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
Warnock is good enough IMO. If we are looking for areas we need to improve on he is not the highest priority by a long shot!

I think getting outmarked by Bennell......

Not quite.....Warnock was 1-on-1 with Bennell & Bennell managed to spoil, not outmark Warnock.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #70
Not quite.....Warnock was 1-on-1 with Bennell & Bennell managed to spoil, not outmark Warnock.....

Seriously, are you making an excuse for the 206cm x 105kg player being defeated in a forward marking one-on-one contest by a 179cm x 75kg player who has two bung knees?

Is there any player in the AFL of similar size to Warnock who you wouldn't expect to take the mark in that situation?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
There are not many, but there are a few.

Hampson would be one.

Kreuzer would be another.

There seems to be a theme here. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #72
Josh Gibson plays on guys 2ft taller all the time.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #73
Eddie Betts routinely outmarks bigger guys.

You would think Warnock was the lone ranger the way some are carrying on about his marking.

At the end of the day, it would be great if he could do this for us, but I dont see the point in banging on about something that just isnt a natural part of his game, and that he clearly needs to work on.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #74

I think getting outmarked by Bennell shows there is huge room for improvement as far as Warnock is concerned Cookie.  However, I'll concede that Casboult's kicking is a higher priority, particularly if he continues to take marks inside 50  ::)

Casboult's kicking certainly is a worry, along with the lack of a quality KPD, replacing ageing senior players such as Carrazzo, Waite, Judd, Scotland, and our lack of at least 2 more quality mids. Warnock's marking issues lie some distance behind those in my view. If we have to rely on Warnock taking marks, particularly in defence, then we are in deeper cr@p than I thought. I actually thought he did his job v. Cox and NicMat pretty well but it's always easy to point out a particular clanger - particularly for those out to prove their point at all costs and who make heavy use of drama to do so.  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.