Skip to main content
Topic: R13 Hawthorn vs Carlton (Prematch Deliberations) (Read 29368 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R13 Hawthorn vs Carlton (Prematch Deliberations)

Reply #60
To be honest I reckon it will only be in Judd this week with someone like Garlett or White dropped. In all honesty, I'd prefer three inclusions in Judd (if ready to go), Buckley and Nick Graham. Reckon he's really earnt his spot and we are not chocka-block full of guns in the mid. Chance for young Graham to learn from one of the best units in the comp. Outs then would be Garlett, McLean and White (tad unlucky).

Team would then be:
B: Tuohy, Rowe, Waite
Hb: Docherty, Jamison, Simpson
C: Yarran, Gibbs, Armfield
Hf: Everitt, Casboult, Thomas
F: Menzel, Henderson, Walker
Foll: Warnock, Carrazzo
Rov: Murphy
I/c: Buckley, Graham, Judd, Robinson
Emerg: Cachia, Johnson, White

Tempted to get Everitt forward. He and Walker provide such awkward matchups and I think they can help take the heat off Henderson as marking targets although they are not massive units but still tall enough. The mix is good. Like the versatility of that group, it's the execution I get worried about!
Would have thought we need insurance for Jammo. It is round 13 of 22, would be a miracle of he doesnt miss soon. Especially after the way he pulled up after last week.

If's he's not right, I wldnt play him. I don't want to have extra players in the team just as backups. Gotta play a team with players who each have a role. If he's not right to play, White or Watson may get a gig in his place. I agree though on his durability.

Reply #62
Jamo in doubt also with his shoulder again.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #64
Jamo in doubt also with his shoulder again.

Did his shoulder in the first contest with Hawkins in the goal square. The one where Hawkins tapped it to the cats advantage, goal.

Saw it at the time and made a comment in the in-game thread.

Jamo is used to playing with sore shoulders. Reckon he's more likely to miss with his calf injury.

Reply #65
He was very lame Frid night both in the leg and in the shoulder. He will surely miss this week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #66
I'm not so sure. Jamo has amazing recuperative powers. He'll do everything possible to get a crack at the Hawks on the night before we celebrate 150 years.

Reply #67
FFS Jamo out as well, it's beginning to look like no matter what sort of effort we put in the personnel will be lacking. That said, Shoenmakers will be their number 1 defender so surely Waite can take him to the cleaners? Also no Lake to cut the Cas out of the game this time around. If Murphy, Gibbs, Yazz and Carrazzo play blinders we could overcome them. This is certainly the weakest they've been for some time, no coach, no Mitchell, Lake or Buddy.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
We will win and win well.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #69
Hate this mob with a passion.

Still recall those pr1cks dropping players back when Fev was on 99 goals late in the last game of the season years ago It was the same game Buddy kicked his 100th. They did everything they could to stop Fev and did it while they were in cruise mode with the game in the bag.  :o

Really pissed me off at the time and shows how much arrogance they have.

Back to the game - Apart from Special K and Judd not being 100% match fit we are pretty close to full strength.

They on the other hand are no where near full strength. No Mitchell, no Lake, no Gibson and of course no more Buddy. If we are going to beat them no better time.  If we can hit the scoreboard and take our chances we have a real chance. Need to attack them early and really hard and put there undersized defence under pressure. Then try to hang on as they come back at us late in the 4th. Sounds familiar....... ;)

But having said all that I think if both teams play to there strengths they are too clinical and well drilled for us. Their forwards are still a big worry- Roughead, Cyril, Gunston and then watch how goals they get out of their left footer mids.

Hawks by 3-5 goals.

F*** cant believe even with this line up I still cant see us winning.  >:( 

Reply #70
BlueBaggers by about 22 points.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #71
In Judd
Out Garlett
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #72
In Judd
Out Garlett

No surprises there.

Waite's lucky we don't have a big bloke in the NBs pushing for selection.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #73
is there a game on?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #74
Yes. Greece vs Columbia. Saturday night. 2AM. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!