Skip to main content
Topic: R13 Hawthorn vs Carlton (Prematch Deliberations) (Read 29398 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R13 Hawthorn vs Carlton (Prematch Deliberations)

Reply #45
It's the 150 year celebration the next night, all the old legends will be in the rooms before the game, G2C was right, this is effectively our GF for the year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #46
I don't know who comes in but one bloke definitely needs to go out and that is Garlett. Can't afford to play soft$$cks against the Hawks. Biggest problem I see is who will play on Roughead? Same type of player as Hawkins and even though Jammo did very well on him isn't he carrying an injury or six? Might be the night that Hendo finally stands up. Give him first crack and see if it propels him into form.
Tactically there is only one way you beat Hawthorn and that is fast effective play through the corridor. Hey, let's face it it'll beat any team. Problem with us is we don't have the foot skills and the turnovers will kill us.
If we play like we did against Geelong it should be a 6 goal loss. If we play like we did against Brisbane it'll be 12.
I'd give Everrit a go on Roughie. Both big and mobile, AE has put the stoppers on a few this year, what do we have to lose.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
I reckon let Everitt sit on Hodge and try and take him out of the game. Has the height and mobility to go with him. Not sure he has the strength for Roughy.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #48
If we play like we did against Geelong it should be a 6 goal loss. If we play like we did against Brisbane it'll be 12.

LOL. I think we'll get close but you bring up an interesting point. We play as well as our opposition allows us to play. Sounds stupid but it's as if the opposition has more say in the outcome than we do.

This was very apparent in the Melbourne game where about half way through the first Melbourne realised they could dictate play and took the opportunity.

Reply #49
I reckon let Everitt sit on Hodge and try and take him out of the game. Has the height and mobility to go with him. Not sure he has the strength for Roughy.

x2 Dont like the idea of him that close to goal. They'll probably start with Rowe.

Reply #50
Hope its not another heartbreaking loss.
too many more of these close games and  I ll end up in ICU!!!

Reply #51
Part of me thinks leave Judd out for this one. Can't be match fit and Hawthorn always beat him up. Though the heat is more likely to be directed at Murphy this time around so Judd might deflect some of that.

Sub might raise some eyebrows though :P

Man, what a test for the skipper!

Reply #52
Everitt doesnt go so well on genuine KP players...reckon he will get someone like Issac Smith or Grant Birchall...the latter sets up a lot of Hawks attacks with that left boot and Mick may deem he needs a minder.

Reply #53

x2 Dont like the idea of him that close to goal. They'll probably start with Rowe.

Bingo.

Everitt to Hodge
Rowe to Roughy

Reply #54
In - Buckley, Judd
Out - Garlett, White

White stiff but it's him or McLean and I cannot see Brocky being dropped. Garlett for Bucks is a no brainer IMO and with young Bucky, Docherty, Yarran, Walker, Simpson, Everitt, Armfield we have some pace and blokes that can swing between half-back, wing and half-forward. Even add a Menzel and Tuohy amongst that as good mid-size players. Gives us pace, genuine speed through the middle of the ground. Just need to use it to our advantage and keep it up for 4 qtrs as the Hawks are relentless.

Reply #55
I reckon Mclean goes too, for either Cachia or Graham, with neither to wear the green vest.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #56
Fudge me, if Judd is the sub I will go ape.

Start Judd on the bench but not sub. If/when the great man tires, sub him out for pace in the 3rd/4th quarter.

I'd like to see Juddles sit in the fwd pocket with burts on the ball plus some bench rest time.

As such Garlett can be dropped for him this week imo.

Reply #57
Reckon they might hold off Bucks for another week and go with Judd for McLean, and Cachia for White. But then I wouldn't be surprised if they drop Garlett and bring in Bucks.  Cachia to wear vest.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #58
To be honest I reckon it will only be in Judd this week with someone like Garlett or White dropped. In all honesty, I'd prefer three inclusions in Judd (if ready to go), Buckley and Nick Graham. Reckon he's really earnt his spot and we are not chocka-block full of guns in the mid. Chance for young Graham to learn from one of the best units in the comp. Outs then would be Garlett, McLean and White (tad unlucky).

Team would then be:
B: Tuohy, Rowe, Waite
Hb: Docherty, Jamison, Simpson
C: Yarran, Gibbs, Armfield
Hf: Everitt, Casboult, Thomas
F: Menzel, Henderson, Walker
Foll: Warnock, Carrazzo
Rov: Murphy
I/c: Buckley, Graham, Judd, Robinson
Emerg: Cachia, Johnson, White

Tempted to get Everitt forward. He and Walker provide such awkward matchups and I think they can help take the heat off Henderson as marking targets although they are not massive units but still tall enough. The mix is good. Like the versatility of that group, it's the execution I get worried about!

Reply #59
To be honest I reckon it will only be in Judd this week with someone like Garlett or White dropped. In all honesty, I'd prefer three inclusions in Judd (if ready to go), Buckley and Nick Graham. Reckon he's really earnt his spot and we are not chocka-block full of guns in the mid. Chance for young Graham to learn from one of the best units in the comp. Outs then would be Garlett, McLean and White (tad unlucky).

Team would then be:
B: Tuohy, Rowe, Waite
Hb: Docherty, Jamison, Simpson
C: Yarran, Gibbs, Armfield
Hf: Everitt, Casboult, Thomas
F: Menzel, Henderson, Walker
Foll: Warnock, Carrazzo
Rov: Murphy
I/c: Buckley, Graham, Judd, Robinson
Emerg: Cachia, Johnson, White

Tempted to get Everitt forward. He and Walker provide such awkward matchups and I think they can help take the heat off Henderson as marking targets although they are not massive units but still tall enough. The mix is good. Like the versatility of that group, it's the execution I get worried about!
Would have thought we need insurance for Jammo. It is round 13 of 22, would be a miracle of he doesnt miss soon. Especially after the way he pulled up after last week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time