Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs. Geelong at Preston on Sunday (Read 12665 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues vs. Geelong at Preston on Sunday

Reply #30
Like to see Holman get a game next week...we need to change the old guard for the new and he has been good in the last couple of weeks.
Ditto for Graham who needs a consistent run in the seniors....

Wouldn't put your house on it EB1.

MM is showing himself to be a scared, unimaginative coach who can't motivate.

Plus, if he promotes any of the kids and they perform they'll make him look foolish for taking so long.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #31
Like to see Holman get a game next week...we need to change the old guard for the new and he has been good in the last couple of weeks.
Ditto for Graham who needs a consistent run in the seniors....

I think Bell will be in the seniors before either of them, he's shown enough so far and needs senior experience.
I've been impressed with him, his skills need to improve but he has never looked overawed, he attacks the game and can run all day.
I know nothing about Holman but from what I've seen of Graham he's a good VFL player, like Cachia.
Does anyone know how Garlett played by the way?
We need him up and running again.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #32
McInnes played obviously but Waite didn't make any impression if he did.

Just reported that Waite did indeed play, got 5 possessions before injuring his hip. Will miss weeks.

Reply #33
DISPOSALS: Graham 29, Bell 23, Cattapan 21, Watson 18
Sounds like the 2 Irishmen had decent days, especially Byrne when moved to defence. Apparently Holman had a defensive job as well. Geelong managed 10 goals in a row at one stage. Our mids had a pretty rugged day.
Managed to get this siting through the tweets.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #34
Sounds like the 2 Irishmen had decent days, especially Byrne when moved to defence. Apparently Holman had a defensive job as well. Geelong managed 10 goals in a row at one stage. Our mids had a pretty rugged day.

Nearly time to have a chat with his parents.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #35

Nearly time to have a chat with his parents.

I haven't seen any of the games Sheik but your man certainly seems to be getting plenty of the pill.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #36
They just mentioned on footy classified that Jeffy had 5 disposals for the game, playing on a wing !! :o

WTF is going on.?

Not 3 years ago the 3 amigos were all the rage...1 has gone to greener pastures, Yarran has certainly stepped up to the plate but Jeffy?????? he's gone so far backward it aint funny.

What is it? Is it Mick? We were once a quick team with options and weapons a plenty up forward ( always missing a KPF but nonetheless )....now we've got squat!
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #37
What is it? Is it Mick? We were once a quick team with options and weapons a plenty up forward ( always missing a KPF but nonetheless )....now we've got squat!

I suppose we got what we asked for! There was nothing wrong with Ratten a few white-ant traps wouldn't have fixed! ;)

I've written it before, culturally we are the new Nthmond or maybe even Sth Melbourne Hellas, driven by a weak board and bitching supporters. The media know it, they rely on us biting like baracuda!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
South Melbourne shouldn't be mentioned here LP, you show a lack of understanding by even mentioning them.  After all, South Melbourne still are the most successful soccer club in Australia having won four national titles, even though they were effectively denied a license by Football Federation Australia.

Not the club's fault that they wanted to break the game away from the old NSL power clubs.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson