Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 16 Carlton vs Fremantle at MCG? (Read 7909 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre game Promise AFL Rd 16 Carlton vs Fremantle at MCG?

We comfortably defeated Freo last time we played. But what are we going to produce this time?
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 16 Carlton vs Fremantle in Perth

Reply #1
Looks like we might be playing Freo here due to birder closures.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
Mcg and marvel are booked on Saturday and Sunday.
They are talking about potentially shuffling games and venues in Melb.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
If it plays to our fortunes, anywhere here will do.  But it certainly screws up schedules.

Reply #5
Freo at home will be tough but Freo in Victoria would have us favorites to win........Think Taberner is also out injured and Fyfe might have missed this weeks game. While the Crows and Freo are lesser teams every win is vital when the coach is under pressure and I'd like to think the players know they need to support the coach and back up this week with another win vs a very average team in Fremantle imo.

Reply #6
We did pretty well against Freo last time around, but I'd be wary of getting too cocky. They sit 9th at the moment, and will be a very different proposition to R3 IMO.

Reply #7
Fyfe is back next week according to afl.com.au, Taberner is an unknown at this point. Darcy is emerging as a top shelf ruck, and will be a handful for TDK.

Reply #8
Fyfe is back next week according to afl.com.au, Taberner is an unknown at this point. Darcy is emerging as a top shelf ruck, and will be a handful for TDK.
Darcy is big and hard to get around, similar to the Crows guy........ but in the end Tom just jumped higher than him.

Reply #9
Darcy is big and hard to get around, similar to the Crows guy........ but in the end Tom just jumped higher than him.

That may be true, but Darcy is in a class above the Crows ruckman.

Reply #10
That may be true, but Darcy is in a class above the Crows ruckman.
They have another athletic ruckman in Lobb as well... TDK is still a kid and injury prone so he needs some assistance imo.

Reply #11
They have another athletic ruckman in Lobb as well... TDK is still a kid and injury prone so he needs some assistance imo.
I've got a feeling they will bring Levi back into the side straight from suspension for this one.

Reply #12
I've got a feeling they will bring Levi back into the side straight from suspension for this one.

I don't know if Levi is available for this one thanks to his 2 week ban, but based on his last hit out in the VFL (and his approach all year really) with Pittonet out he is a walk up start again.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
Mcg and marvel are booked on Saturday and Sunday.
Could well be played in Geelong. I'm thinking it will.

Reply #14
I don't know if Levi is available for this one thanks to his 2 week ban, but based on his last hit out in the VFL (and his approach all year really) with Pittonet out he is a walk up start again.
Didn't he just get a week?