Skip to main content
Topic: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)  (Read 61473 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)

Reply #210
hey mick, knock knock
MM: who's there
Owen
MM: Owen who
Owen 2

Reply #211
I want to say one thing and that is if you as a supporter don't think robo should be playing you are wrong.When us have a team of soft c...is like we have then you need someone that will get the pill even if there disposal is below average. I'd love to see Garlett,yarran, Murphy Gibbs Lucas and half the rest do what he does,watch last years final then judge him,I'd take another 3 or 4,of him any day.Yaz looked good last night but how many times did he get the hard tough ball,
Like it or not at least I'm not one of the sheep

What's the point of winning the ball when more often than you just give the ball back?

I couldn't work out why Robbo was getting the ball so much, well I could he goes hard for it, but when he does he has no opposition, from what I could tell Richmond was dropping a player 40m our goal side of a ball up, not putting pressure on Robbo who would win it and kick long, straight into the waiting players arms, who would then transfer play or run into the guts and boot it over the stoppages head and Richmond would have a running wave into goal.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mitch's attack on the player and the ball, I love how he protects his team mates, but until he makes the long kick 1 out of 10 possessions, instead 7 out of 10 possessions then he is a liability.

My rant on the game now that I've calmed down enough.

Richmond did not win the game, sure they got the four points but Carlton lost it. You cannot have that many easy shots on goal throughout the game for Richmond to say they won. Our woeful kicking lost it end of story.

Touhy needs to remember what got him a regular game, that's hard at the player giving no space all the time, stop worrying about a run off position, Martin is a dangerous forward and that match up could have really hurt us if Richmond used it.

Warnock, if a bum like Vickery gets in your face like that again the punch him in the face. Carlton players hang your head in shame for not getting around Warnock as well. Sure it was a dumb kick but if someone gets into a team mate like that then he gets taken care of. I don't think I've seen a do nothing waste of space like Vickery talk so much $hit. I loved Buckley pushing him back into the ground with a look of distaste. Dylans gets another game just for that.

Buckley, I don't know what was keeping him from playing last season but he needs to play now, pace, kicking and mongrel. Perfect ingredients.

Reply #212
I guess that proves that we rolled over last week, at least to some extent. We were finishing as the better team last night, no fitness issues.

Glad you are not a scientist.

All that PROVES is in terms of fitness..
Port > Carlton > Tigers

Since I, (and others) told you that Port have elite fitness, none of this should come as a surprise.

However, since you've picked up your half empty glass.....and thrown it out the window, i'm not surprised you've come to that conclusion.  :o

Reply #213
The first half tells us we are more than capable of playing very shizen football when we are totally fresh. So we can't say if we were at Port's fitness level we would have fared any better.

Reply #214
Positives from the game.

- Yarran taking a huge step in the right direction.
- Buckleys emergence
- Playing absolutely crape for half a game, worst goal kicking i have seen since little league ever....yet we still only lost to a genuine top 8 side by 2 goals, without 3 players who have won 5 of our last 7 B+Fs playing.

Kick straight, we win by 5 goals playing average footy.

Next.

Reply #215
The first half tells us we are more than capable of playing very shizen football when we are totally fresh. So we can't say if we were at Port's fitness level we would have fared any better.

If it was fitness alone we would've gone down fighting by a few goals against Port. Not hard to identify that we are mentally weak.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #216
He's far from restrained though. Regardless it can't be healthy for the team having someone carrying on like that in the box it's absolute mayhem.

He's won 3 flags, Clarkson has won 2 including last year's and he is far more animated than Malthouse.
Exactly my point.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #217
I actually kept thinking that Gibbs was Duigan with that hair. Maybe it's a South Australian thing, and if so he's gone! ;)

I keep telling you all - it's not Gibbs out there. It's Tom Cruise getting into character for his next movie.  Mind you, he's not doing too badly for a complete novice.  :P
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #218

If it was fitness alone we would've gone down fighting by a few goals against Port. Not hard to identify that we are mentally weak.

One thing that never changes in football... Everyone looks slow and tired when they don't have the ball.

Reply #219
He's far from restrained though. Regardless it can't be healthy for the team having someone carrying on like that in the box it's absolute mayhem.

He's won 3 flags, Clarkson has won 2 including last year's and he is far more animated than Malthouse.
Exactly my point.

I saw him behave in the box - it wasn't good, throwing head phones, frothing at the mouth, screaming down the phone. Looks like a man who is surprised on match day that the team plays the way it does.
Either the team responds, or it goes into its shell and he looses them- for good

On Gibbs - I prefer he goes TBH. If we get a first rounder with ticker, I d be happier than committing a long term contract on big $$$
on someone that plays like he'd prefer to be selling tshirts

Reply #220
Malthouse was more animated against North last year but no one cared because we won. Clarkson punches holes in walls but no one cares because they win.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #221
It's not like he started doing this since he got to Carlton.

He was much worse at the WCE, particularly his last couple of years.

Coaches can't win.

FMD Ratts was criticized for eating snakes for god sake!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #222
yeah, its a different sort of nuts
its the kind when you see your home getting robbed on your iphone
or the pram is heading for the lake sort of nuts

Lost control nuts / how dare you nuts

Reply #223
And it was for half an hour straight nuts. It's like Mal Muir was our coach.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #224
I would've been concerned but Malthouse is as exasperated as I am at some of the crap our boys dish up, and probably mirrors my look at times.

Let's face it, when everything is going wrong the most trivial things get pointed to as being a problem when odds are it isn't really important.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson