Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 51476 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7: Post Game .........: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #60
I got two words for you people - Leicester City.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #61
*Raises Hand*
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #62
Huge man crush on Docherty after today's effort. Apart from some howlers from the usual suspects I was wrapt with the composure shown by some of our newbies today.

Green shoots?  What's that bamboo that grows nearly half a metre a day?!?  Go Blues!!!
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #63

Still playing average football and are lucky to come across some very average teams so far. But i'll take it

This - in a nutshell.

Reply #64
These little ugly wins will do wonders. They will:
1. Build confidence in a very young group
2. Reinforce what the Boss is teaching them and make them believe
3. Learn how to win again
4. Learn what a winning Carlton dressing room fells like
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #65
We're learning how to win and will only get better as the year goes on. BB has eliminated a lot of those dumb turnovers that destroyed us under the last coach. Even when we've been playing ugly we haven't been turning the ball over near as much.
I picked us so I'm not surprised we won. We'll play better against better opposition. I wish we were playing Hawthorn next.

Reply #68
Reading the Scum's forum is entertaining but we're pretty negative here too spending most of the 5 pages slamming Everitt.  I suppose we are hard to please.

I agree with supporters over there who say they've been sold a pup and recruited badly.  I rate Greenwood, but all that effort to get Trealor was a waste and Aish and Howe are bench warmers.  Darcy Moore --

-- ah fug them.  We won.  We kicked 10 goals in two quarters.  Our ball movement was slick and the way we won the contested ball was fantastic.  Bit best of all were notching up more than 60 tackles a week and our set up when the opposition has the ball is great.  Yeah weve got passengers.  But I'm proud.

Reply #69
Quote from: kruddler on Today at 06:20:35 PM

Still playing average football and are lucky to come across some very average teams so far. But i'll take it

We maybe playing average teams at the moment but I think we will trouble the higher teams. Our defence is a lot better. We won't get cut up like we used to, we are more accountable and play for each other.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #70
These little ugly wins will do wonders. They will:
1. Build confidence in a very young group
2. Reinforce what the Boss is teaching them and make them believe
3. Learn how to win again
4. Learn what a winning Carlton dressing room fells like

That mate is the Holy Grail! We are on the right track. As our list improves we'll get better based on a strong culture and the ability to grind out a win. I saw nothing but very happy Blues fans leaving the MCG this arvo, me included!  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #71
It's only a little thing but have you noticed how we've taken on the Hawthorn habit of cribbing half a step over the mark but pointing in an exaggerated manner to the notional spot to fool the umps. Go Bolts! Go!
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #72
"It was a victory that showed the Blues' progress this year under new coach Brendon Bolton, and also highlighted the Pies' downfall in 2016"

This is from
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-07/match-report-collingwood-v-carlton

I think it showed how Malthouse ruined the club and put it in shackles and threw away the key while he was in control. Surely he did it deliberately? No one could be that bad a coach? surely?

Reply #73
It's only a little thing but have you noticed how we've taken on the Hawthorn habit of cribbing half a step over the mark but pointing in an exaggerated manner to the notional spot to fool the umps. Go Bolts! Go!

All the 1%ers, but now you have pointed it out, the umps will pull us up now! ;)

Reply #74
Reading the Scum's forum is entertaining but we're pretty negative here too spending most of the 5 pages slamming Everitt.  I suppose we are hard to please.

I agree with supporters over there who say they've been sold a pup and recruited badly.  I rate Greenwood, but all that effort to get Trealor was a waste and Aish and Howe are bench warmers.  Darcy Moore --

-- ah fug them.  We won.  We kicked 10 goals in two quarters.  Our ball movement was slick and the way we won the contested ball was fantastic.  Bit best of all were notching up more than 60 tackles a week and our set up when the opposition has the ball is great.  Yeah weve got passengers.  But I'm proud.

Treloar is a jet. Ed beat him today but Treloar will get better.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................