Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2023 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon (Read 4599 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 13 2023 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #75
Our Club is BROKEN.
First we tried using glue to fix things that didn't work.
So we decide to renovate (good move) this hasn't worked.
Where to now?
Do we start selling assets and see what we can get back?
Do we keep the same landlord?
Do we keep the same property managers?
I now have no emotion watching the games, i cannot even get angry at the TV (like we all do)

Reply #76
Ok, to positives.

Harry.
Weiters.
Cerra.

Maybe we’re just improving one player at a time each game.  So presumably this time next year we’ll all be good to go.

Reply #77
Truth is, they played about 15 minutes and wiped the floor with us. :(
Took a ruckman off just to rub our noses in it (or they felt sorry for us).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #78
At the ground definitely what stood out to me was two or more players all going for the same ball and spoiling each other.

Not sure if it’s paranoia but can’t help but feel TDK does things for his highlight reel for his purported monster contract coming from Sydney.  Just does not seem like he is doing his flying for balls for the team but rather for self.

Felt also that JSOS was making really silly errors.  Also felt he was playing intentionally bad?

Things just don’t make sense watching the games.

Reply #79
The selection of Young on Wright was a disaster, that's a coaching box fail.
Young's form is horrible and has been for weeks, he should be in the twos but we have nothing else thanks to the list management that have assembled wingers and half backs on mass but left us short in key areas.
Sam Durdin is injured but he wouldn't have been any better than Young.
When you have one of the best FBs in the comp in Weitering I can't fathom why he didn't start on the opposition best key forward.  Young had the perfect soft tall player to man up on in Weideman yet we put him on the more dangerous Wright and paid dearly as usual.
I can only think that they didn't want to beat up on Weitering's already fragile confidence if Wright got a hold of him. That and Young just needed to farken grow a pair and do something constructive like try. Was led to the ball all night and at one point was easily blocked by a "midget" fwd. Throw your weight around at least you imbecile, start a fight, just do something that even resembles aggressive you moron. I'd almost prefer Plowman (even undersized) out there right now.
Sorry I'm ranting now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #80
At the ground definitely what stood out to me was two or more players all going for the same ball and spoiling each other.

Not sure if it’s paranoia but can’t help but feel TDK does things for his highlight reel for his purported monster contract coming from Sydney.  Just does not seem like he is doing his flying for balls for the team but rather for self.

Felt also that JSOS was making really silly errors.  Also felt he was playing intentionally bad?

Things just don’t make sense watching the games.
The highlight for me was Charlie and Owies both stopping at an incoming footy. The lack of cohesion and understanding is ridiculous. And the minute the ball hits the deck? Nada. The the opposition just gather it up and away they go.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #81
The highlight for me was Charlie and Owies both stopping at an incoming footy. The lack of cohesion and understanding is ridiculous. And the minute the ball hits the deck? Nada. The the opposition just gather it up and away they go.
That was a shocker, definitely seemed like Benny Hill music was about to come on.

Reply #82
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/football/blues-skipper-cripps-will-bounce-back-voss/ar-AA1cp8f9?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=64f8363cca9a4483ba32be61d9ae4cc5&ei=7

Carlton coach Michael Voss has backed Patrick Cripps to bounce back after the Blues' captain lowered his colours in a deflating loss to Essendon.

Cripps did not register a single effective kick with Champion Data statisticians at the MCG on Sunday night.

The superstar midfielder missed the target by foot four times from 19 disposals under attention from Bombers duo Archie Perkins and Jye Caldwell.

Voss did not make any excuses for last year's Brownlow Medal winner in the aftermath, declaring Cripps fully fit.

"He's completely fine," Voss said after the 34-point defeat.

"Sometimes you lose a bit of form and he's running through a little bit of that.

"There's a couple of players that have been in the same boat.

Reply #83
Hard to find many positives outta that sh#t show!

Young has become almost Plowman like when he gets the ball. He's a liability in the backline now.

Acres' disposal skills were never elite but can't question his efforts again last night. Turns it over a bit but he put his body on the line a few times which is more than most of the rest.

Kemp has been solid and his kicking was a feature. He just needs to be left in the team now.

Remove the errors and costly misses in the first half and we should've been leading at 1/2 time. But what happens in that 20 minutes during half time where they just completely turn off?? Every week it's the same thing....one diabolical quarter of football costs us the games.

No idea where to from here unfortunately. Watching on TV I could see players arguing with each other. Crippa looks almost disinterested at times. He can't chase or tackle and is having zero impact on games now. None of our midfielders kick goals. Motlop tries hard and runs and chases....but that's about it. Jack Martin did his usual 10 minute cameo and probably should've kicked 3 goals.

The well looks pretty dry in the VFL too. Cunningham did enough to suggest he should come in next week. Hopefully Pittonet is able to get up.

Reply #84
We should pay our players like we pay our lawyers.

Break the game up into 10 minute segments.
If you perform in that period you get paid for that period.
We'd put a dent in some payouts to certain players....or maybe give them a reason to stay on task.

Reply #85
But, we also must weed out those responsible for the bad attitude and culture in the club, even if it sets us back in the short term. We have a decent enough list to properly compete, as we found last year, but right now it will all be just wasted unless something is done.

Spot on !!!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #86
Why was Jack Martin selected to play ??

Unfit, lacks the ability to play 100 minutes & is very lazy on defensive acts.

For me, he epitomises the rubbish attitude amongst our playing list, its always conditional and on his terms.

I'm not advocating a total rebuild but the razor gang has to come out again in the off-season.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #87
Two major issues at the heart of our problems imo.
1. We can't kick goals.
2. We can't handle opposition pressure.

As a result we go to water and lose all confidence. I don't know what we have to do but to me it's obvious that there is little or no onfield leadership being exercised. Our morale is completely shot.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #88
young is as weak as water but the way ball got delivered to 2mp no 1 could have stopped it. my brother said we wont beat ess 3 weeks ago that how bad we are ,and if we dont trade and recruit well we are truly F>>>>d. Dodoro done a great job at ess unlike sos who failed. draper ,martin,no 22, hobbs,caldwell , 2mp, (no parish,shiel,and 3  1st rnd selections not playing ) .

Reply #89
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1357059/-hurting-curnow-speaks-on-current-frustration?fbclid=IwAR2Wl3zjsmJMAKroDz5zuXEMrWufpoN4tW4U2Zy8qOtU3oBuBHtbWb2NY8Y

“THE ownership is on us.”

Charlie Curnow said the Round 13 result lies with the playing group, after an inability to convert once again left Carlton ruing a missed opportunity against Essendon......

......“Us as a forward line and as a team, the efficiency inside forward 50 plays a role . . . and we didn’t get the job done in that area,” Curnow said.

“You come into the rooms at half time and we were doing the things we set out to do in the first quarter and at the start of the game. We were ticking a lot of boxes and felt like it was going to come if we kept putting ourselves in the right spots.

“Kicking 3.10 [to half time] obviously hurts, but the ownership is on me also. A lot of the shots were outside 50 in tough spots, and when you’re relying on those inside of shots from 0-30, it can be really difficult.”