Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 5: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 24854 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 5: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #120
I agree GTC but I also think Harry has been sooking it up for quite some time (remember his tweet that he was the only only of his draftee mates not to get a RS nomination?).

Now he's in there, let's hope mentally he's up to the slog....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #121
Is he being instructed to not bother getting down and dirty and play a certain way? That is the way he is playing now? Just sayin'

Hey GIC I’m confused by the post, I can’t see this being coached unless I am missing something. The modern day coach, including bolts, is very much about being able to win your own ball.

Are you suggesting he has been asked to play more outside as threats where our greatest need is?

Reply #122
I agree GTC but I also think Harry has been sooking it up for quite some time (remember his tweet that he was the only only of his draftee mates not to get a RS nomination?).

Time for H to stop sooking, grow up, put in like the rest of the grown ups. Perhaps the penny has dropped. Lets hope so.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #123
Hey GIC I’m confused by the post, I can’t see this being coached unless I am missing something. The modern day coach, including bolts, is very much about being able to win your own ball.

Are you suggesting he has been asked to play more outside as threats where our greatest need is?
All I am suggesting is that perhaps he is being instructed to play a certain way which is different to how we think he could/should play. We were talking about this very topic at work today and I suggested this to guys in the conversation. Lets face it, they are all robots who try and follow every instruction to the letter. SPS is a tough little character, an ex bull rider. Thats not the hobby of a soft cock right ? The kid also knows how to tackle, I have seen him do it. So why doesn't he do it all the time? Perhaps he other things/roles to do. No1inparticular and I were having a discussion about SPS a few weeks back. He suggested SPS brings others into the game by the way he plays, I am starting to see that now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #124
He had 6 turnovers and a supercoach score of 14, he had a shocker.

...and i pointed that out in my own comments earlier.

Doesn't make anything i said incorrect though.

Reply #125
Nothing you ever say is incorrect Kruddler, everyone knows that!  :o :-X ;D
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #126
Cripps only had something like 34 possies but it was one of the most influential games I have seen from an individual playing for Carlton in a long while.  From memory he had a hand in all but 2 of our goals. Several times he single handedly turned a threatening WCE move to our advantage through pressure/tackle/bump/intercept, and he was often involved in the immediate follow up play, and sometimes involved again for a third time.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #127
Nothing you ever say is incorrect Kruddler, everyone knows that!  :o :-X ;D

Nothing you say is ever worth reading, but we get sucked into that.

I quoted stats from the game. It can't be wrong unless the stats guy got it wrong.

Feel free to add something constructive to a conversation once in a blue moon, it'd make an improvement.

Reply #128
Nothing you say is ever worth reading, but we get sucked into that.

I quoted stats from the game. It can't be wrong unless the stats guy got it wrong.

Feel free to add something constructive to a conversation once in a blue moon, it'd make an improvement.

I’m glad you asked...

“WEVE GOT LANG TO COME INTO THE TEAM !!! ????????????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #129
SPS looks like he missed a bit of preseason to me and he's just off the pace. He's making some silly mistakes which weren't there last year. Having said that he was really good in the first half against Richmond in particular. Worth persevering with.

Reply #130
I’m glad you asked...

“WEVE GOT LANG TO COME INTO THE TEAM !!! ????????????

Oh, I have touched a few nerves!

Leaving the Doc injury aside, if you think the addition of (injury free) Lang and Kennedy won't have a major impact on the midfield, there is no hope....truly.

Not to mention, that leaving Kerridge out in rounds 1-4 wasn't a mistake (noting his career best form in the back half of 2017).

But I'm truly hoping you two rub noses more often.  :-*
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #131

I'm not sure he was "sooking it up" with that tweet, it came across to me as more of a self depreciating comment....ie, he knew in himself that he hadn't performed to the standard of the other blokes.

Anyway, whatever he was thinking at the time, I really hope that he now has some confidence to start building on his game & refuse to give up his spot for anyone. 

Good luck to him.

cheers

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #132
Harry made an excellent entrance. Let's hope he can continue playing and improving in his role. Go young Harry!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #133
All I am suggesting is that perhaps he is being instructed to play a certain way which is different to how we think he could/should play. We were talking about this very topic at work today and I suggested this to guys in the conversation. Lets face it, they are all robots who try and follow every instruction to the letter. SPS is a tough little character, an ex bull rider. Thats not the hobby of a soft cock right ? The kid also knows how to tackle, I have seen him do it. So why doesn't he do it all the time? Perhaps he other things/roles to do. No1inparticular and I were having a discussion about SPS a few weeks back. He suggested SPS brings others into the game by the way he plays, I am starting to see that now.

Samo was penalised for a dangerous tackle a couple of games ago.  Perhaps he has been told to take it easy.

I don’t see a bloke who is ‘ahead of himself’ or is ‘picking and choosing when to go’.  I see a bloke who is still learning the game but has a good handle on his role and is doing his best for the club.  Bolton’s comments suggest that he has a similar view.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #134
...and i pointed that out in my own comments earlier.

Doesn't make anything i said incorrect though.

I know. 6 turnovers isn't that bad if you're a creative player who does damage with your other disposals.

Fisher had 13 turnovers but was still one of our best players.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!