Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 9: Post Game Calm: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 38736 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 9: Post Game Calm: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #135
We should have learned our lesson, we paid plenty for Judd and it didn't get us past week two of the finals.
One player won't do it for us.

That's because the bottom of our side was crap. Difference is this time we are adding cream to good youngsters, not crap.

I'll take 2nd week of the finals...lol

Reply #136
Shiel wins enough of his own ball, we just need to bring in some quality. Problem is anyone of real quality is not going to come to a basket case

Reply #137
If they back their recruiters then I would disagree, it is the number one pick after all. I would offer it to the Swans for Hannaberry and their 2nd rounder.

No.1 pick I'd swap for two first rounders. Use one on a star trade, the other in the draft.

Reply #138
I think I read Brandon Ellis is also playing VFL, but could be wrong.

If the tigers continue their low injury toll, there's likely a couple of players getting impatient. I've been impressed with Taranto, and we've previously our interest in Hopper. Hopper would IMO be the perfect partner for Crippa and co.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #139
I think the bloke we could get is De Goey, but our no d1ckheads policy probably prevents us recruiting real footballers.

Instead we'll probably trade for a middle distance runner who can follow instructions and speaks nicely to the media.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #140
De Goey has been going well as a forward, but we desperately need hard bodied mids

Reply #141
DeGoey's currency has gone up. Some say he'd attract just short of a mill! He'd be a good get but I suspect he'll resign. I think he was drafted as a mid. Has gone fwd to fill the void left by the likes of Fasolo Elliot etc.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #142
I think the bloke we could get is De Goey, but our no d1ckheads policy probably prevents us recruiting real footballers.

Instead we'll probably trade for a middle distance runner who can follow instructions and speaks nicely to the media.
Yes please. Was keen on Sloane for years, not anymore. DeGoey is blood good tuff footballer, I suspect he will stay at the Pies though.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #143
Apologies, haven't seen the game yet...kids....

Did Gawn monster and smash Kreuzer - was that the start of thr rot?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #144
Apologies, haven't seen the game yet...kids....

Did Gawn monster and smash Kreuzer - was that the start of thr rot?

Lamb was probably the only bloke who won his contest all day.

Tells you everything you need to know.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #145
Get a proper coach and proper recruiting agent and we'll get better.  Quickly.

Reply #146
In 2013, Melbourne finished 17th on the ladder with 2 wins. We finished 9th with 11 wins. Compare the recruitment and player development of the 2 clubs in the following period. Melbourne miles ahead.  We've had so many wasted years in the past 20. As a 35 year member, makes me sick.

Reply #147

We just don't have the big bodies apart from Cripps.

The rest of our midfielders were brushed aside like the lightweights they are.

Graham definitely one of our better players - I hope to see him get a few more games.

Reply #148
Clearly Melbourne didn't respect women today

Reply #149
If the tigers continue their low injury toll, there's likely a couple of players getting impatient. I've been impressed with Taranto, and we've previously our interest in Hopper. Hopper would IMO be the perfect partner for Crippa and co.

Our very own Miss Maven was keen on Taranto pre draft. I've not seen him play at all since he was drafted, but somehow I doubt the Giants would let him go, and certainly not cheaply. No 2 pick I believe, and certainly looks a good size.