Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation) (Read 60303 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation)

Reply #60
Warnock BOG by country mile. Someone must have put a rocket up his proverbial re: [lack of] second efforts.

Gibbs - enigma. Walker - enigma.

Saw evidence of leadership (talk, direction, instructions) from Daisy.

Not thrilled with backline containing Everitt, White and Rowe.

Definitely saw a game plan of sorts with players running to position in anticipation of fast movement by foot.  Alleluiah.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #61
There was some real effort out there.

We should be 3-2 and could have looked forward to being 6-2 or 5 -3 at worst but alas we blew the year.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #62
Warnock BOG by country mile. Someone must have put a rocket up his proverbial re: [lack of] second efforts.

Gibbs - enigma. Walker - enigma.

Saw evidence of leadership (talk, direction, instructions) from Daisy.

Not thrilled with backline containing Everitt, White and Rowe.

Definitely saw a game plan of sorts with players running to position in anticipation of fast movement by foot.  Alleluiah.

To add to your observations IAABO, I also saw our players standing up for each other more in altercations etc.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #63
Overall so happy to tough out a win like that. I think that having a few big permanent targets up forward and playing an attacking game with this group anyway its the formula required to get the best result we can.

On the flip side even though it was great to see the response from the leader/senior players- looking to the future and not a heap to be excited about on today's game.

Bell and Levi player their part but white and Rowe are only ever going to be back up defenders, cripps looks very slow to me which is a bit of concern if he wants to be a mid in the modern game. I know it's only his 2nd game but speed is not a area a kid should lack and not sure if you can get it if its not there.

Lucas IMO does not offer enough. Has played enough to really have an impact but just doesn't seem to have it.

Overall would have been happier if the kids had more of a say in the result.

Carrots, Murphy, walker, simmo, Hendo, Waite, curnow, Gibbs and thomas got us the points today. Hendo aside no kids in that bunch.

Sorry if I sound negative because im still rapt with the win, showed a lot of heart. Play with that gameplan and intensity and i think we are a good chance to win 2 out if the next 3.

Reply #64
There was some real effort out there.

We should be 3-2 and could have looked forward to being 6-2 or 5 -3 at worst but alas we blew the year.

Win next week and you'll eat your words.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #66
Who was on Crameri?

Reply #67
fk that McGuire is a flog

Always was always will be - Eddie McAsshole. Never watch him or listen to what he has to say any more.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #69
And Patrick Cripps, anyone?
Was prominent in the VFL side and earned his promotion...
Another game in the firsts next week?

Reply #70
David King saying Judd gone for 4-6 weeks.

Great man can't take a trick right now.

Didn't get to see the game unfortunately. Just caught the end of the commentary. Glad the boys got the shackles taken off them and they could play with some flare. Happy for everyone at the club that we got a win.

Reply #71

I m really not sure he's ready, made some blunders today.
50/50
depends on the 2's and if there's a star performer that's pushing

Reply #72
Judd and his injuries to start the season, and now his hamstring, just makes it easy to hang up his boots at the end of the season. Something I would hate to see, considering he could be a deadly forward like Chapman and others have been along the way. I didn't see the extent of the injury but by experience, older players need at least 3 weeks to let it come good again. 4 weeks is probably about right.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #73

I m really not sure he's ready, made some blunders today.
50/50
depends on the 2's and if there's a star performer that's pushing

Well that's N Graham I guess

Reply #74
How bad was the umpiring today. Those three tackles Yarran made should have been his free. The Jong tackle was perfect, what was the umipire looking at that he couldnt see him miss the ball when trying to kick, it certainly wasnt the man with the ball, disgraceful.