Skip to main content
Topic: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators) (Read 57142 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators)

Reply #105
Has anyone mentioned that incredible torpedo induced coast to coast goal?

Want to see the clock on that one.  Definitely a ploy worth trying at least once a game.

For the life of me I cannot fathom why Watson doesn't kick out every single time.  Such a beautiful kick!
He's relatively slow, and Walker's relatively fast so ... swap roles.

75m barrell that one.   Can't do it too often as it becomes to predictable.   But once or twice a game, it could work
Cheating Scum do it very often with Fletcher.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #106
Jammo certainly was bad.  He has no pace this year and obviously hates playing N.M.  He gets a bath every time.  His fumbling tonight was especially bad, but at least he tries.  Watson is an absolute NO-TRIER!

Elwood you mention Watson's mark.  Well done, it was his only highlight and as I said, he was in the vicinity so he had a chance.

Purlease - for mine, Watson was our best defender tonight.....how'd his opponent go? Best game Watson has played by a mile, really encouraged with his performance tonight.

Jamo was disgusting.....that's 3 consecutive weeks of us possibly witnessing the demise of Jamo. Has not got a clue out there at the moment, embarrassing he is, total liability. Can't kick, constant brain explosions, can't get near his man - even in situations whereby his opponent is the obvious choice for having the ball delivered, Jamo manages to misread the play/flight of the ball/be too slow off the mark.......I'm over him. He got lucky with Riewoldt's kicking for goal last week, but he is in career-worst form. I hope like hell we're talking to some other full-backs out there come trade time.....Jamo's cooked.
Tend to agree, starts the year off so well then fades away badly. I some instances last night, he actually got himself to the front of Petrie then swung around behind him (not by Petrie) and got out marked. I think Jamo plays his best footy when he reads the footy and attacks it. He just isnt doing that ATM, just focussing too much on his man.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #107
Jammo certainly was bad.  He has no pace this year and obviously hates playing N.M.  He gets a bath every time.  His fumbling tonight was especially bad, but at least he tries.  Watson is an absolute NO-TRIER!

Elwood you mention Watson's mark.  Well done, it was his only highlight and as I said, he was in the vicinity so he had a chance.

Purlease - for mine, Watson was our best defender tonight.....how'd his opponent go? Best game Watson has played by a mile, really encouraged with his performance tonight.

Jamo was disgusting.....that's 3 consecutive weeks of us possibly witnessing the demise of Jamo. Has not got a clue out there at the moment, embarrassing he is, total liability. Can't kick, constant brain explosions, can't get near his man - even in situations whereby his opponent is the obvious choice for having the ball delivered, Jamo manages to misread the play/flight of the ball/be too slow off the mark.......I'm over him. He got lucky with Riewoldt's kicking for goal last week, but he is in career-worst form. I hope like hell we're talking to some other full-backs out there come trade time.....Jamo's cooked.
Tend to agree, starts the year off so well then fades away badly. I some instances last night, he actually got himself to the front of Petrie then swung around behind him (not by Petrie) and got out marked. I think Jamo plays his best footy when he reads the footy and attacks it. He just isnt doing that ATM, just focussing too much on his man.

Jamo is better suited to the leading forwards.

Petrie is more of a protect space, wrestler type of forward. Ideally, Hendo would've been a better matchup for him....but we all know its better for the team if he is played forward.

Jamo did struggle, and hasn't played to his high standard recently, but he is asked to do jobs he should never have too and still does them to a decent level.

Petrie is underrated.

Reply #108
Jamo has probably struggled since his mate went up forward. Hendo too valuable to go back now and Mick needs to find a suitable replacement. I'm not sure these guys who need to worry about their games rather than helping out the backline are the answer.

And very few full backs work well in isolation or when their other defenders change.

And he was on a Petrie who is a MASSIVE unit.

Again. Look at the delivery and way the ball goes into Norths forward line and compare it too us.

No comparison.
Agree delivery was they key but Jamos positioning was atrocious. Is he feeling the effect of his defensive buddy move up forward. For the record, Petrie is 4cm taller, 3 kg heavier but he has played 130 games more than Jamo.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #109
Looking at that game tonight surely Graham has to come in.

Some of our mids looked bloody awful and needing a rest.
Did you see them warming down in the rooms? Some of our blokes looked shot to pieces, Murph was hobbling badly. I guess with games against Norf thats to be expected.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #110
He gets a lot protection from supporters Jamo.  He is our number one defender and therefore he should be treated in such a way.  He took their best fowd and so he should have. 

His biggest problem is he is far too slow to react the second and third time.  If he does not win the first one than then the repeat efforts he gets found out too often. 

And before everyone goes mental about it just watch a couple of games closely when it his contest look at the reaction times.   Im not implying he is no good just stating that his biggest downfall and does result in a few scoring opp a game that could have easily been stopped. 

Reply #111
Quote from: Raydan link=topic=144.msg3166#msg3166 date=1374277751 Drew Petrie - This guy is huge, he is ruckman size, strong and mobile.[size=12pt
size=12pt] I watched and the shoulder difference between him and Jammo would have been 6-8 cms.[/size] So the reach would have been 10+ cms very hard to deal with without the actual weight difference.

Jammo - standing Petrie is a huge job and he was OK in that regard, but his field kicking has gone to crap.

Curnow - Great game, Harvey had little influence and when you had the ball the useage was very good. Second best on ground behind Jammo.

Couple of things, only 4cm diff between the two, 193cm versus 197cm.

Are you suggesting Jamo was BOG or was that a typo?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #112
Haha. Yep the correct answer is Hendo.  :-[ :-X

Reply #113
Haha. Yep the correct answer is Hendo.  :-[ :-X
Sweet mate, was gonna say. My BOG was The Bushranger for the record.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #114
1. McInness and Wells on the wing, first McInness goes to ground but coralls Wells hard on the boundary line, Good work? NO! He buys a dummy which allows Wells to bring it into the middle and a gal comes from it, where if AMac would have just let him kick down the line the worst that could have happened was an attack from one half of the ground but most likely a throw in.

I remember that play and that was actually a terrible low percentage option from Simpson to try and hit McInnes, the kick was going to have to be centimeter perfect and if it wasn't Wells was always going beat McInnes when the ball hit the ground. Simpson would've been better off kicking the ball long and completely out of the danger zone, even if it was turned over.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #115
1. McInness and Wells on the wing, first McInness goes to ground but coralls Wells hard on the boundary line, Good work? NO! He buys a dummy which allows Wells to bring it into the middle and a gal comes from it, where if AMac would have just let him kick down the line the worst that could have happened was an attack from one half of the ground but most likely a throw in.

I remember that play and that was actually a terrible low percentage option from Simpson to try and hit McInnes, the kick was going to have to be centimeter perfect and if it wasn't Wells was always going beat McInnes when the ball hit the ground. Simpson would've been better off kicking the ball long and completely out of the danger zone, even if it was turned over.
Youre right but these are moments in the heat of battle, split second decisions, easy for us watching on TV.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #116
Did anyone watch the pre-game stuff on foxtel?

Eddie, Kingy and co were pumping up the Kangas at every opportunity. In 40 minutes of television i dont think they said something positive about Carlton nor something negative against North.

They showed how close North had come in their losses this year and how hard done by they had been. They suggested that they could have been top 4 if things had've gone their way. They failed to show that Blues had the same amount of close losses and thus a similar opportunity for a higher ladder position.

Their individual pre-match predictions were all pro-north.
- Boomer to kick 4-5 goals
- Norths 3 talls to kick 10 between them
- Thomas to kick a bag
- Hansen to take 8 intercept marks.

They were also suggesting that Lachie Hansen was the equal of Lachie Henderson...or that he was in fact better. Never did they suggest that Henderson was actually going to play forward or that his role has changed recently. It was a 'battle for the intercept marks' which they spent 5 minutes talking about....yet it was never on the cards as Hendo was always going to play forward.

North lost last week.
Carlton won.
Carlton are placed higher on the ladder.

North were favourites with the bookies, and certainly all of the panel.

Apparantly North are better placed in 2014 compared to carlton too. Obviously suggesting that both teams had written off 2013, yet here we are sitting in 8th position currently.

I couldn't understand what i was watching. I'm pretty realistic with where i think we are in relation to other clubs, but i thought i had entered the twilight zone or something because nobody spoke a word of sense the entire show. Even the commentators were very pro-kangas early "unlucky to not get a free there were north" vs "probably a bit lucky to get that one was Carlton"

There was no love at all for us, and a decade worth of valentines days rolled into 40 minutes worth of TV directed towards North.

I got more joy from the win knowing that all those fools had to suck eggs then i would've had we had beaten someone like the bombers last night!

WOW.  that sounds bad.   To be honest though, Kingy is former North player so no real surprise.  Not many footy Commentators rate us, which is fair enough, but we are not a rabble and the team does have some good attributes.

I think it is better for footy world not to pump our tyres too much as in the past players got ahead of themselves when the spotlight was on us.  

Under the rader is fine by me

Yeah, saw it and couldn't believe it.

Make no mistake Fox Footy is the new Channel Eddie. He has a show on there, his company produces programs for it and the stooges who work on it know that he wields real power on that Channel. I don't get MMM,but from what I read his show and the goons who work on it just follow him.

His agenda is to keep us down, keep Collingwood (ad the Bombers) up all while smiling and saying we are all mates.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #117
At least Eddie was the one to point out how ridiculous the free kick not paid as in the back to Betts was that cost us a goal. Fkn Commetti, MaCavaney and co said not a word. They actually applauded the play by the North player! What a bunch of stooges they ALWAYS support North against us on a Friday night.

King the absolute tool said North would win by 10 goals! Stevie Johnson said Hansen to take 8 intercept marks etc. They were all on the North bandwagon was were most punters with apparently 7 in every 8 bets going on North. Sucked in to the lot of them!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #118
At least Eddie was the one to point out how ridiculous the free kick not paid as in the back to Betts was that cost us a goal. Fkn Commetti, MaCavaney and co said not a word. They actually applauded the play by the North player! What a bunch of stooges they ALWAYS support North against us on a Friday night.

Could have been worse Carrots.  BT and Darce could have been commentating.  :P

Reply #119
Agree with others re Cachia a dumb choice for substitute. Plays a great game the week before, has pace, has mongrel, uses ball well, versatile, and is one player who could have taken Thomas out of the game I reckon.

Armfield and McLean can go back to the magoos, and let's see what Graham and someone else can do. I reckon Graham is going to be our Daniel Rich.