Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 20: In Game Anxiety: Carlton vs GWS (Read 10233 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 20: In Game Anxiety: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #30
We got smashed and only kicked 5 goals for the day. Levi did not kick 1 of them.
Thanks Kruddler, read the thread, but not much info re Levi any where , looks like De  Konning was good as well, doesn't help Levi's cause either

Reply #31
We got smashed and only kicked 5 goals for the day. Levi did not kick 1 of them.

I know he was playing quite a bit behind the ball going by the bits and pieces. where that was 1st and 3rd qtrs against the wind or much of the game I don't know. I assume he may have been rucking alot seeing we have almost none left. Can't find the stats though so no idea how he actually went.

Reply #32

Age has nothing to do with it.   Stop making basic,  basic skill errors. Good players make a minimum of errors,  our blokes make too many. Your namesake didn't make errors.

And don't call me a plonker just because I have a different opinion you to you.   I'm more than frustrated at supporters becoming comfortable with mediocrity,  blokes going at half rat power, basic skill errors,  brainless footy.  The club needs to become ruthless regarding standards.

Continuing to give blokes games when they continue to duck up,  I just don't get it.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #33
Thanks Kruddler, read the thread, but not much info re Levi any where , looks like De  Konning was good as well, doesn't help Levi's cause either

De Koning and Schumacher played well yesterday. Levi's may fall down the pecking order now.

Reply #34
As i said earlier, Simpson made a basic error. Under no pressure. Resulted in a shot on goal. Was not highlighted.

Yet Polson was.

Double standards.

As far as giving kids games, look at the run from Dow we just saw. You think he was doing that earlier in the season? He is starting to feel comfortable at AFL level and is showing what he can do with it now. Give Polson more time and we'll see similar.

Reply #35
I know he was playing quite a bit behind the ball going by the bits and pieces. where that was 1st and 3rd qtrs against the wind or much of the game I don't know. I assume he may have been rucking alot seeing we have almost none left. Can't find the stats though so no idea how he actually went.
Cheers Laj

Reply #36
Look there is Marc Murphy!
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #37
Doesn't feel like 51pts but they get run-on and kick goals in clumps. They kicked 5 in the last 10 min.

Reply #38
When you consider the team he's playing in, Dow is a gun. His in close work and ability to find space in congestion is really something. He would be flying at GWS.

And apart from injuries, I'm not seeing the negativity around Lobbe. Looks more than capable as a ruck man.

Reply #39
They get goals from everything that comes in their f50.

Reply #40
We got Marchbank to play key position? Prefer him in that role than O'Shea.

Reply #41

Age has nothing to do with it.   Stop making basic,  basic skill errors. Good players make a minimum of errors,  our blokes make too many. Your namesake didn't make errors.

And don't call me a plonker just because I have a different opinion you to you.   I'm more than frustrated at supporters becoming comfortable with mediocrity,  blokes going at half rat power, basic skill errors,  brainless footy.  The club needs to become ruthless regarding standards.

Continuing to give blokes games when they continue to duck up,  I just don't get it.

Sorry. You're not a plonker. You've just got an absolutely zero idea about how this works. I thought Brett Ratten was hopeless in his first year. I told my mates that this guys got no hope. I then learned that writing off young guys only makes you look like a complete plonker when that guy plays 250 and becomes one of our best ever players. Some people never learned that lesson though.

Reply #42
As i said earlier, Simpson made a basic error. Under no pressure. Resulted in a shot on goal. Was not highlighted.

Yet Polson was.

Double standards.

As far as giving kids games, look at the run from Dow we just saw. You think he was doing that earlier in the season? He is starting to feel comfortable at AFL level and is showing what he can do with it now. Give Polson more time and we'll see similar.

How bad was Matt Wright's panick handball in the first quarter under no pressure?  Cost us another goal. My 7 year old would have been embarrassed by some of these skill errors by guys who've played 100 plus games.

Reply #43
Agree 100 percent. Same blokes making the same errors.   So what are we going to do about it as a club?   Continue to play these blokes.   Polson has youth and potential upside but Lang,  Wright,  OShea,  Graham.... It's the same crap week in week out.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #44
Agree 100 percent. Same blokes making the same errors.   So what are we going to do about it as a club?  Continue to play these blokes.   Polson has youth and potential upside but Lang,  Wright,  OShea,  Graham.... It's the same crap week in week out.

You don't want to play them.
You don't want to play kids who are still learning the game.
We can't play players who are injured.

So who the hell DO you want to play?

There is nobody left that doesn't fit into one of those categories.