Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Post Game Conversations: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 29791 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19: Post Game Conversations: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #45
85 tackles by us is a fair effort by current standards - the problem is that when you factor in the number of tackles that we missed or that the Cats managed to break, in combination with the amount of ball they had, the 85 doesn't seem so great.

The ease with which Geelong moved the ball all over the park is a big worry. Our forwards and mids don't apply much pressure, and the back 6 are constantly up against it.

Weitering is a huge worry for mine. He looks like a bloke taken from the 3rd round in the Rookie draft, not a former No 1. If this is our club's idea of development, then watch out.

There seems to be a lot of talk about getting games into kids, as if this will somehow make things alright. I'm not convinced by this. The bigger problem for mine is recruitment and body size. We look puny compared to the Cats. Blokes like Murphy, Fisher, Lamb etc., they can have 200 games under their belt, they will still be puny, and easily brushed off the contest. Big worry IMO.

Reply #46
Also, hit outs, contested possessions, clearances, we either won or broke even. When you compare this with the disposal tally, it shows that we can get our hands on the ball, and then lose it far too quickly - in short, we're still turnover merchants, and don't defend well once the turnover occurs. The I50 count is reflective of the forwards and mids not working hard enough.

Reply #47
Ill bet Bambi doesnt even get cited. If he does, it will be a fine at worst. Our Club should complain strongly if this occurs. I see little difference between what he did last night and what Gibbs to Gray a few years ago.

Bambi?
Our side is full of Bambi's.
We are in NO position to call anyone else soft.
Great day to hang our head in shame

Reply #48
Bambi?

I think he means Bambi as in sweet and innocent, can do no wrong, protected species etc. Not as in soft.

Reply #49
Danger has to go as the precedent was set with Cam McCarthy. MRP has no way out.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #50
Bambi?
Mate not calling him Bambi because he is soft, its because he is protected and loved species.
PS Dangerfield is the best player in the comp by a fair way. Does it all better than most, the complete complete package who wins games off his own boot and is at the peak of his powers.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #51
Mate not calling him Bambi because he is soft, its because he is protected and loved species.
PS Dangerfield is the best player in the comp by a fair way. Does it all better than most, the complete complete package who wins games off his own boot and is at the peak of his powers.

Ok I get it now but I think we all need to understand where we are at.
Stop making excuses for our senior players, because "they have to carry a heavy load" or they are not "inside" mids.
Leaders are supposed to overcome, not fold when the heat is on.
If our leaders give up, what does that say to the kids.
This is exactly the same stuff Murphy and Gibbs learnt from their leaders when they first joined Carlton.
By the time Jude arrived, it was too late.
Nick Stevens had set the "standard"

Reply #53
BS, as soon and Kruze made contact, he dropped his knees and threw himself backwards, arms outstretched (like his kent of a coach does in the box), whistle, free, goal!!!

Just watching the replay and I can see a bit of the Scott arms out stretched whinging action creeping into Danger's game. As soon as he is touched he looks to the umpire - even during play!!  No commentator will ever call him on it though!!

Reply #54
McKay only the four possessions, but we have ourselves a player. Of that I'm sure.

Reply #58
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/patrick-dangerfield-says-his-tackle-of-matthew-kreuzer-was-fair-20170730-gxlkqu.html

See, he's innocent.

The pinning of arms and driving his head into the turf is 'fair?' Does the arrogance of this Dangerfield character know no bounds?

But, alas, Cotchin and Dangerfield are two AFL designated players to be cut more slack than anyone else.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #59
Of course he is, and the media won't reference a single contradictory precedent to challenge his claims!

I wish the AFL would impose legal style gag order on these types of incidents - attempting to influence the outcome by commenting publicly is complete BS IMO.