Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 14884 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #60
The one thing that stood out for me was the total lack of respect we held for our opponents. Just a pathetic attitude which probably explains why we continually play our worst games against our worst opponents.

IMO this is a symptom of immature and ineffective leadership.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
Poor effort in terms of work rate, soft or non tackling, plenty of spectating and a few blokes more interested in mark of the week than proper solid footy. Nth had good results with some matchups vs some of our key players especially Simpkin vs Walsh.
They like playing us and seem to have that confidence that if they go a bit harder at the ball we will lose interest.
Cunnington and Anderson were big ins for them in terms of hardened mids and we just struggled with their big bodies at the clearances LDU vs Dow was an interesting comparison, Dow has speed but the Nth kid is a big hard unit and has improved a lot.
We had injuries which upset our balance with Kennedy having to play forward but we just seemed off all day and I thought Nth had more good players all over the ground.
Not often our defense is monstered but Larkey was all over our tall defenders and it was our lazy non chasing mids who contributed heavily to the demise of our defenders.
The players owe Teague who will come under more pressure and it was their fault we lost today and not his .But this wont help the speculation about his job and if the Review Panel want to sack him then the players handed his head on a plate to them today.

Reply #62
15-7 Inside 50's at quarter time.
29-23 at Half Time.

Our ball use is poor at the best of times, but we just wasted chances.   Our structure was horrid with no Harry.   Bombing the ball long with Cripps wanting to wrestle a 200cm Ben McKay the way he does Midfielders was silly.   175cm small forwards trying to take mark of the year seemed our best tactic.   It's looked like we had no plan for life without a key forward. 
And who's responsible for that?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
The players owe Teague who will come under more pressure and it was their fault we lost today and not his .But this wont help the speculation about his job and if the Review Panel want to sack him then the players handed his head on a plate to them today.
EB, Clearly and I mean CLEARLY the players are no longer on the TT and he will be the next in a long line of coaches to get the Carlton special treatment. Seriously why would you want to coach this mob given the history.  Regardless of how many times Teague talks about his "belief" in the group I don't think the feeling is mutual.

Reply #64
The one thing that stood out for me was the total lack of respect we held for our opponents. Just a pathetic attitude which probably explains why we continually play our worst games against our worst opponents.
BANG!!! Dunno that I agree with last bit, we are bottom of the ladder just like NM, the rest, spot on. To me, NM have always made a point of giving it to us every time they play us. They have never forgotten Elliotts taunts of buying them out and they make sure they "rub our faces in the turf" every time they play us. And as EB calls them, our choir boys do nothing other than drop the strides and assume the position. This crap HAS to stop.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #65
But, but.... Surely in the laj stat world, if every team above Carlton lose every game by 300 points for the remaining rounds and Carlton win all their remaining games by... Oh I don't know, let's say 509 points, we're in... Am I doing it right?... 🤣
Enough is enough. bad enough we lose, but when we mock each other, we become the rabble we don't want to be. Now, play nicely!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #66
BANG!!! Dunno that I agree with last bit, we are bottom of the ladder just like NM, the rest, spot on. To me, NM have always made a point of giving it to us every time they play us. They have never forgotten Elliotts taunts of buying them out and they make sure they "rub our faces in the turf" every time they play us. And as EB calls them, our choir boys do nothing other than drop the strides and assume the position. This crap HAS to stop.
Indeed. It is about time we lifted against the mob, instead of the opposite. They have owned us for too long, last year's game not withstanding.
I am sick and tired of the roadkill making idiots out of us.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #67
We were behind the 8 ball to begin with. The outs and reshuffle had a domino effect. Cripps forward robs us of our best contested ball player, giving their mids an immediate advantage - him playing forward results in different leading patterns, running patterns etc. for the mids. Weitering and Walsh had their quietest / worst games in ages. Silvagni / TDK v Goldy was a match made in hell. The back 6, indeed the whole team looked confused, especially after half time.

I realise some will see all this as p1ss weak excuses, but pretty much every team will put in a shocker at least once per season, and this was ours.

Reply #68
We were behind the 8 ball to begin with. The outs and reshuffle had a domino effect. Cripps forward robs us of our best contested ball player, giving their mids an immediate advantage - him playing forward results in different leading patterns, running patterns etc. for the mids. Weitering and Walsh had their quietest / worst games in ages. Silvagni / TDK v Goldy was a match made in hell. The back 6, indeed the whole team looked confused, especially after half time.

I realise some will see all this as p1ss weak excuses, but pretty much every team will put in a shocker at least once per season, and this was ours.
Agreed, ironically many of those now posting grossly offended perspectives were actually predicting this in the pre-game thread, especially  once the late changes were known.

I don't get the synthetic post game rage if the someone raging predicted this result, ......... trolls maybe?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
And North had almost their best 22 on the park.

Reply #70
As awful as that was i find it hard to be too hard on the team today. North aren't a wooden spoon team right now and we had way too many injuries and then we lost Harry.

Jack in the ruck, Owies / Eddie as the long marking target... its not sustainable.

No team in the comp can cover 15 or 16 injuries. The competition is too close.

Reply #71

I think the way we lost was the issue and attitude from the players. We lacked resources in terms of talls but that doesn't excuse work rate, spectating, non chasing and non tackling.
We had finals to play for, Eds 200th and a coaches career but that wasn't enough to motivate enough players to dig deep and try so losing imo wasn't the issue it was more how we lost...

Reply #72
I think the way we lost was the issue and attitude from the players. We lacked resources in terms of talls but that doesn't excuse work rate, spectating, non chasing and non tackling.
We had finals to play for, Eds 200th and a coaches career but that wasn't enough to motivate enough players to dig deep and try so losing imo wasn't the issue it was more how we lost...

So disappointing to lose like we did. We had so much to play for. Unless we fix that culture it won't matter whether we change the coach or not. The issues will be the same as will the results.

Reply #73
Indeed. It is about time we lifted against the mob, instead of the opposite. They have owned us for too long, last year's game not withstanding.
I am sick and tired of the roadkill making idiots out of us.

We have been road kill mate for the last 6 years.

All talk no action just excuses.

Reply #74
Q3 was 7.2 to 0.4.

Embarrassing.
Finals, then 4 in a row!