42 - Tuohy
[ 5 ] (5.7%)
43 - White
[ 4 ] (4.5%)
46 - Ellard (subbed off)
[ 7 ] (8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: May 23, 2014, 09:56:11 pm

Topic: R8 - WORST on ground vs Saints (Read 21782 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - WORST on ground vs Saints

Reply #60
Mate there's some great excuses flying around in here, I'll tell you why Hendo is underperforming, because as a forward, he doesn't attack the ball like he really wants it. Happy to make that lead up the ground and make that attempt to mark but you look at other forwards and they attack the mark like it's the last they'll ever do. Hendo just coasts too much for my liking, send him down back where he's under pressure and needs to focus. Real disappointment this year.

Champion Data rates the disposals by adding a loading to disposals under pressure versus the Ablett style Give-Go-Get accumulations. So a sideways kick or a snap at goal is not worth much but can be a big negative it if fails. While a disposal under pressure that hits it's target is a big positive. I think the range is between +5 to -5, so a shots at goal or a sideways kicks is worth +1. A sideways kick that turns the ball over is -5, and a kick under pressure(Being tackled or body contact) that hits a target is +5.

Accordingly Champion Data rate Jammo, Hendo and Scotland as three of our three best performing disposers of the ball, but it comes from them working down back not up forward.

That suggests playing Hendo forward is really robbing Peter to pay Paul!
The Force Awakens!