Skip to main content
Topic: Round 11 Carlton v Brisbane (Read 34495 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 11 Carlton v Brisbane

Reply #60
IN
Matt Maguire, Joel Patfull, Ryan Harwood, Sam Mayes, Tom Rockliff, Zac O'Brien
OUT
Ryan Lester (Omitted), Tom Cutler (Omitted), Andrew Raines (Omitted), Michael Close (Omitted), Nick Robertson (Omitted), Jordan Lisle (Omitted)

Might be a lot of underdone boys in those 'ins'?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #61
IN
Matt Maguire, Joel Patfull, Ryan Harwood, Sam Mayes, Tom Rockliff, Zac O'Brien
OUT
Ryan Lester (Omitted), Tom Cutler (Omitted), Andrew Raines (Omitted), Michael Close (Omitted), Nick Robertson (Omitted), Jordan Lisle (Omitted)

Might be a lot of underdone boys in those 'ins'?
You'd have to think so. Patfull, Mayes and Rockliff are HUGE ins for them, but .....
I am disappointed that Armfield will miss: I was worried that he'd been dropped when I saw the news. That would have been stupid after last week's game, but strange things have happened before. However, being injured I can accept him missing out and I hope he is right for next week.
I hope Buckley is OK: I hate playing unfit guys.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #62
One of the commentators (can't remember who) has a rule of thumb that if you make 5 or more changes you lose.  Maybe that would be different if you had 5 stars coming back in after each served 1 week's suspension, but that's not the case here.

Reply #63
Pretty sure it's Lethal Mav.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #64
Yep, that rings a bell.  Thanks for that.

Reply #65
OMG, can't believe Leppitch said it :o

“The year’s proven so far the top four or five teams we’ve played — like Sydney, Port, Hawthorn, Geelong — we haven’t quite been able to match them for long periods of time,” he said.

There’s others at the lower level that we’ve been able to match for a period of time so I’d put Carlton in that category.

What more motivation to we need for a 100pt win  >:D
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #66
We're a very good football side  ;D

Reply #67
OMG, can't believe Leppitch said it :o

“The year’s proven so far the top four or five teams we’ve played — like Sydney, Port, Hawthorn, Geelong — we haven’t quite been able to match them for long periods of time,” he said.

There’s others at the lower level that we’ve been able to match for a period of time so I’d put Carlton in that category.

What more motivation to we need for a 100pt win  >:D

More ammo to use, what more incentive do we need to smash these guys back to the Bear days? >:D >:D >:D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #68
I don't like the way we get set up for a fall every pre-match, it's like every team we are coming up against is a premiership contender(A Danger Game).

I understand that you cannot under-rate teams and that the competition is close, but there are games you just have to win if you are to move forward and you should be expecting to win them. Not telling everyone how good the opponent is!

You never hear Chelsea saying that West Brom is a danger game or that it is going to be tough. Home or away West Brom fans go to the game to see a good showing in a game against Chelsea but not expecting a win! Chelsea go there expecting to win!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
I don't like the way we get set up for a fall every pre-match, it's like every team we are coming up against is a premiership contender(A Danger Game).

I understand that you cannot under-rate teams and that the competition is close, but there are games you just have to win if you are to move forward and you should be expecting to win them. Not telling everyone how good the opponent is!

You never hear Chelsea saying that West Brom is a danger game or that it is going to be tough. Home or away West Brom fans go to the game to see a good showing in a game against Chelsea but not expecting a win! Chelsea go there expecting to win!

Aaahh you hark back to the good old days where we just had to play one quarter of football, THE PREMIERSHIP QUARTER. ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #70

Aaahh you hark back to the good old days where we just had to play one quarter of football, THE PREMIERSHIP QUARTER. ;)

Gold! O0

Reply #71

LP...Being a Chelsea supporter I always get nervous playing Crystal Palace...ManU, Liverpool...not a problem but vs some of the minnows we struggle....
I think my concerns with Brisbane are more about timing...we have been up a while, they have been down and are due to win , they have some better players back and we are coming off a hard game...

Reply #72
Read this on facebook. Sheesh.

Dear Carlton Football Players and Facility.
this year we are celebrating our 150th year and you have chosen the hashatag to be ‪#‎UNITED‬! WHY? Today at the Gabba, local support and cheersquad members who have made their way up to support you this weekend, atteneded a light training session. the fans (approx 20-30) were given a particular seating/viewing area where you trained right in front of. at the end you walk straight off, no thank yous, no waves or thumbs up NOTHING...THIS IS WHY MEMBERSHIPS ARE THE WAY THEY ARE. no love for the fans. YOU TRAINED RIGHT IN FRONT OF US it would of taken 10 minute to sign the young kids jumpers and get a photo with your supporters, not to forget thanking cheersquad members for traveling all this way just to support you as well as provide a banner!! Yall need to take into consideration the fans as without youd have no careers or club!!!!!! #UNITED ‪#‎takealonghardlookatyourselves‬
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #73
Poor form if not a troll.

Reply #74
Read this on facebook. Sheesh.

Dear Carlton Football Players and Facility.
this year we are celebrating our 150th year and you have chosen the hashatag to be ‪#‎UNITED‬! WHY? Today at the Gabba, local support and cheersquad members who have made their way up to support you this weekend, atteneded a light training session. the fans (approx 20-30) were given a particular seating/viewing area where you trained right in front of. at the end you walk straight off, no thank yous, no waves or thumbs up NOTHING...THIS IS WHY MEMBERSHIPS ARE THE WAY THEY ARE. no love for the fans. YOU TRAINED RIGHT IN FRONT OF US it would of taken 10 minute to sign the young kids jumpers and get a photo with your supporters, not to forget thanking cheersquad members for traveling all this way just to support you as well as provide a banner!! Yall need to take into consideration the fans as without youd have no careers or club!!!!!! #UNITED ‪#‎takealonghardlookatyourselves‬

Not a minute for the young fans, but I bet they went around to Bruce Mathieson's for a barbecue though!

Shame Carlton, fecking disgraceful!

Aint Kilda used to carry on like this all the time, keep sh1te like that it up and our future is there for us to see at Seaford!
The Force Awakens!