Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues Practice Matches 2015 (Read 27894 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues Practice Matches 2015

Reply #15
Match over:

FULL TIME: Northern Blues 7.8.50 - Box Hill Hawks 12.9.81

GOALS: Johnson 2, Casboult, Armfield, Foster, Tutt, Watson

DISPOSALS: Graham 21, Tutt 21, Whiley 20, McGuinness 20, Armfield 16

Reply #16
Boekhurst getting anywhere near it??
From the possession count, the short answer would be "No". Then again, I am not at the game, so it is hard to tell just how much game time he had let alone how he fared.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
Whiley will probably need another game or two after an achillies...Tutt  with his extra pace will probably get a plane ticket to WA this week...
Wish Boekhorst had shown more and demanded a place in the team...

Reply #18
Whiley will probably need another game or two after an achillies...Tutt  with his extra pace will probably get a plane ticket to WA this week...
Wish Boekhorst had shown more and demanded a place in the team...

Isn't Boekhorst from WA? if he is then we have a history of playing kids first games in front of family and friends so he will probably get a gig. ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #19
From the possession count, the short answer would be "No". Then again, I am not at the game, so it is hard to tell just how much game time he had let alone how he fared.

I was there and the long answer is 'he didn't get near it or get hold of it often enough'

I haven't time to provide more feedback ATM but will do so later if anyone is interested.

Reply #20
Always interested in your input RR.

Reply #21
I was there and the long answer is 'he didn't get near it or get hold of it often enough'

I haven't time to provide more feedback ATM but will do so later if anyone is interested.

Hey RR, I always love reading your reports so if you have the time pelase do post a report!! Don't underestimate the appreciation for them on this forum.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #22
Todays game just typifies where our club is at.

NB had 16 listed AFL players and the Hawks had none,  yet we still managed to lose by 5 goals.

Say it all about the depth of our playing list.

I can see more pain ahead for this cub.  Going nowhere fast

Reply #23

Yes please!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #24
Isn't Boekhorst from WA? if he is then we have a history of playing kids first games in front of family and friends so he will probably get a gig. ;)

Boekhorst has the skills to be in the best 22 but at 75kg is going find life difficult in the AFL until he adapts to the physical side of the game and can
hold his ground..not sure how he played today but in the NAB cup games he got pushed off the footy and blocked too easily, he also has problems tackling the
bigger players.
He has more nous than Clem Smith but not the appetite for the contest like Smith....you really have to question the recruiting of Boekhorst with respect to his size and style..
we are expecting him to be the main dish but in reality he is more the desert and needs to play behind some big mids like Sydney or Freo have and he can be a Lewis Jetta type.
I just hope we can fast track Cripps, Bell, Holman, Whiley to split the packs, ferret the ball out  and give him the role that suits his size and style....

Reply #25
Todays game just typifies where our club is at.

NB had 16 listed AFL players and the Hawks had none,  yet we still managed to lose by 5 goals.

Say it all about the depth of our playing list.

I can see more pain ahead for this cub.  Going nowhere fast

Not worried about practice match results, just individuals.

Reply #27
Not worried about practice match results, just individuals.

Practice match or not.  We had "16" Listed players and we could not get a win.

I would be worried by that.   Out of the 16 that played, you would think that half of them would show something.  By all accounts, not many did.

Worrying signs

Reply #28
Casboult's a real worry, he should be smashing them from anywhere on the ground at VFL level and he is barely scoring! So much for those pre-season reports of him flying!

BTW, Box Hill had zero AFL listed players on the day!

Hawthorn held its AFL-listed players out of the match after a searching intra-squad practice match during the week.

How embarrassment! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Mcevoy wasn't the Ben Mcevoy?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson