Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon (Read 72380 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #210
Carlton

B: Lachie Henderson, Michael Jamison, Zach Tuohy.
HB: Sam Docherty, Andrew Walker, Ciaran Byrne.
C: Andrejs Everitt, Patrick Cripps, Chris Yarran.
HF: Dennis Armfield, Liam Jones, David Ellard.
F: Marc Murphy, Levi Casboult, Kade Simpson.
Foll: Cameron Wood, Bryce Gibbs, Chris Judd.
I/C: Tom Bell, Andrew Carrazzo, Ed Curnow, Sam Rowe.
Emg: Dylan Buckley, Jason Tutt, Mark Whiley.

In: Andrew Walker, Ciaran Byrne, Patrick Cripps, Dennis Armfield.
Out: Clem Smith (Omitted), Jason Tutt (Omitted), Simon White (Knee), Troy Menzel (Calf).

New: Ciaran Byrne

Essendon

B: Michael Hibberd, Cale Hooker, Mark Baguley.
HB: Brent Stanton, Jake Carlisle, Dustin Fletcher.
C: Travis Colyer, Jobe Watson, Zach Merrett.
HF: Brendon Goddard, Patrick Ambrose, Martin Gleeson.
F: Adam Cooney, Michael Hurley, Joe Daniher.
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Jake Melksham, Dyson Heppell.
I/C: Paul Chapman,  Ben Howlett, David Zaharakis, Jason Ashby.
Emg: Kyle Langford,   James Gwilt, Courtenay Dempsey
In: Dustin Fletcher
Out: James Gwilt (Omitted)

I am a bit surprised Whiley didn't get a go, but we will be playing soon.
It is Goddard's 250th. We have been very poor in ruining milestones in recent years, while we've almost always lost our our milestone games. That irritates me no end.

The other things is that Essendon's no names seen to play brilliantly against us. It is one thing I hope we can cure.

Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #211
The other things is that Essendon's no names seen to play brilliantly against us. It is one thing I hope we can cure.

So true. Anyone remember Jackson Merrett? Not many do & not in the Essendon team tomorrow, but tore us a new one last year in our first encounter, in what was his only decent game of the year......*sigh*
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #212
The more I think about this game the more I come to believe that it is our "Line in the Sand". Following on from what The Judge said earlier in the week it is time for everyone, coaches, playing group etc. to stand up and be counted. It's going to be a very interesting, revealing, and possibly passionate game.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #213
The more I think about this game the more I come to believe that it is our "Line in the Sand". Following on from what The Judge said earlier in the week it is time for everyone, coaches, playing group etc. to stand up and be counted. ...
and like we have done consistently in recent years will fail miserably. This group of players lacks any semblance of intestinal fortitude. They are mocked and laughed at by the industry. When the going gets tough, like good little mummy's boys,  they just pull their own pants down and cop the pineapples. The Club is so far off the mark its not funny. It was amazing to read about all the optimism in the off season. Personally I saw nothing to suggest anything had changed. This group likes to talk but they don't know how to walk! My best friend constantly reminds me of a premonition he had 2 or 3 years ago. Whenever we discuss Carlton, he always says to me "2027". Its the year he thinks we will next taste success. I think he isn't too far off the mark.

Reply #214
Will be an interesting game. Essendon should be dead flat and on the carpet, and yet they get up and beat Hawthorn. Somehow Hird has bluffed his way through the 'walls of shame' and shockingly has a successful team.
The Blues have started well and then got rolled. To start well is a good sign and to collapse as they have should be able to be analysed and fixed.
I have an inkling that we will toss the Bombers and wouldn't it be a wonderful statement of decency.
The Blues are a quality bunch of blokes - and quality blokes face up!
Here's hoping!!!

Reply #215
In relation to Murph's comments at the beginning of the week, it looks like we've identified Clem Smith and Jason Tutt as two players who don't want to be at Carlton. I'm being facetious.

Looking at the two lineups I believe that we match up pretty well with the Bummers although I would've liked Dylan Buckley in at the expense of perhaps Carrazzo, just to add more pace. What will separate the two sides in the end is work rate and desire to win. Go hard Blues and good luck to Ciaran Byrne.

Reply #216
In relation to Murph's comments at the beginning of the week, it looks like we've identified Clem Smith and Jason Tutt as two players who don't want to be at Carlton. I'm being facetious.

Looking at the two lineups I believe that we match up pretty well with the Bummers although I would've liked Dylan Buckley in at the expense of perhaps Carrazzo, just to add more pace. What will separate the two sides in the end is work rate and desire to win. Go hard Blues and good luck to Ciaran Byrne.

That's the really interesting and revealing bit - right there!

Yes, best of luck Ciaran on your senior debut - go for it son!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #217
Agreed, Carrotts will have to do a power of work inside holding teh ball inside to combat the juicer's spread and pace, if Whiley had played a full game in the two's I would have been tempted to play him instead.

Would have played Buckley for his outside pace and would give Touhy a run on the ball and telll him to go hard in a straight line and beggar the consequences.

The shortest way to goal is a straight line, straight down the corridor.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #218
GODDARD , i am sure he said something about our club when he crossed to ess,so its time to make his 250 miserable,i dont want to see bj carried of the ground  with a smile ,go blues

Reply #219
GODDARD , i am sure he said something about our club when he crossed to ess,so its time to make his 250 miserable,i dont want to see bj carried of the ground  with a smile ,go blues

Who needs to go back that far, think of what the faker did last season against us!

Apparently you can't hit him too hard!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #220
Rumour swirling that Judd is out.

Reply #221
This was on Facebook, if true, you'd reckon the players wouldn't be able to look the woman in the eye and then go out and play like blouses :

Please have have a read, written by Victoria Keating.....Hi all you fellow Blues supporters. I just wanted to share a quick story with you about our beloved Blue boys and how awesome they are both on and off the field. My sister, Margie Jackson, has terminal cancer. She is 43, a mother of 2, and recently married to her long time partner of 28 years to cross off her bucket. Another of her bucket list wishes is to meet the Carlton footy players.... So, a friend of ours managed to contact the club and they have given her 4 tickets to tomorrows game AND she will get to meet some of the players before the game!! How cool is that?? She is wheelchair bound and close to the end of her journey but the excitement of meeting "her boys" has given her a smile I have not seen for quite some time! When she was given this awesome news she cried (which is NOT like her at all believe me). She is most keen to meet Kade Simpson and tell him she prefers him without his beard lol. Anyway, I just wanted to share this story with fellow Blues supporters and let everyone know how they have made my sister the happiest dying woman in the world. Margie, I hope you have a sensational day - you deserve it xox GO BLUES
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #222
This was on Facebook, if true, you'd reckon the players wouldn't be able to look the woman in the eye and then go out and play like blouses :
I lost my cousin to cancer at the start of this year ad Juddycalled to talk to her in person. Unfortunately she was not able to take is call but I'm betting this stuff goes on all the time, we just never hear about it.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #223

Not sure you should link the two Sheik.

A bit piss weak on your behalf to suggest that if they don't play well they have not done the right thing by a dying woman.

Pull your head in.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #224
Rumour swirling that Judd is out.

Strange thing is, Carlton have been backed quite heavily. The line is actually into 24.5 all the way from 35.5 and we're come into $3.85 outright. That's some pretty solid money.

In other news Ciaran Byrne's parents have flown in all the way from Ireland for his first game. I hope to God that Mick doesn't make him sub.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!