Skip to main content
Topic: Cripps (Read 25518 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Cripps

Reply #45
I'm not really sure what LPs means... But I thought I'd read here that Barker either told or passed on that message to Graham... Am I correct LP ?

It wasn't Barker, but Barker might be using the sentiment to fuel Graham's desire!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
Neither have Kouta's speed or power. Cripps will be better than Kouta on the inside, maybe as good as Diesel, but he won't have that break away power that Kouta and Judd had.

Marking wise Cripps will equal Kouta.

Bell is a different fish, not in the same class, more like a Lewis(Dawkthorn) type.

Are you sure you're thinking of the right players?

Parkin had Kouta as the best player in a contested situation he's ever seen and he coached both Diesel and Kouta. Diesel had superior vision and ability to get the ball to where he wanted it.

Kouta had something like 10 marks in a quarter once, Cripps won't match Kouta's aerial abilities. Who was quite a strong Mark, except for the occasional double grabber.

Reply #47
Cripps doesn't have the leap of Kouta. Doesn't matter anyway he will create his own identity.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #48
Are you sure you're thinking of the right players?

Parkin had Kouta as the best player in a contested situation he's ever seen and he coached both Diesel and Kouta. Diesel had superior vision and ability to get the ball to where he wanted it.

Kouta had something like 10 marks in a quarter once, Cripps won't match Kouta's aerial abilities. Who was quite a strong Mark, except for the occasional double grabber.

Na, in an "At his best" type comment maybe. But Diesel did for ten years consistently what Kouta managed for just a couple of seasons!

Cripps already looks to me like he is going to be Mr Consistency.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
Is Cripps a certainty for the Rising star?

Hogan is second favourite but Cam McCarthy has got to be ahead of him - with Cripps in front.

Reply #50
McCarthy 6th in the league goal-kicking. Hogan 22nd.

Reply #51
Depends who the media wants to win. Caro reckons Brayshaw will win it. ::)

Reply #52
Depends who the media wants to win. Caro reckons Brayshaw will win it. ::)

Cripps is in front right now.

Brayshaw if he keeps playing like he did today will go close.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #53
Carlton traditionally don't do well in Rising star stuff.

Couldn't give a stuff who wins it, but i don't think i would trade Cripps for any of them.

Reply #54
Please, let's not heap so much expectation on this kid's shoulders... rather let's expect more from those around him and recruit to support him... otherwise he'll break down like many we've burdened with saviourship.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #55

Couldn't give a stuff who wins it, but i don't think i would trade Cripps for any of them.
The last time we did reasonably in the Rising Star was Camporeale. He managed to come 2nd. Murphy might have won had he not been broken. Nobody else has been close.
Like you, I am just not worried about it. It is nice to get some kudos, but building a winning culture is better. Campo had the last laugh in 1995. That meant more then. Hopefully Crippa will be the same.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #56

Well put!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #58
Cripps must be a superstar ;D
Robbo just gave him the biggest wrap on 360...spoke glowingly of Graham too

Reply #59
Robbo talking positive about Carlton, rubbish Lods, I refuse to believe it.  Must have been a "but" in there somewhere.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?