Skip to main content
Topic: Our first player to kick 5 goals in a match this year.  (Read 9061 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Our first player to kick 5 goals in a match this year.

Reply #30
Saw Jezza kick 6.12 once.

I saw him kick 5 in 15 minutes against Essendon at Princes Park one day, but back to our current reality.
Young Silvagni is the only player I could see doing it this season.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #31
I reckon Pickett could do it if we get a hold of a team with a lack of defenders that  can man up smalls.

You know it's gone a bit awry when you have seen Simon Beaumont kick 8 and now not even your good ones can kick half of that.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
Tend to agree and sarcasm made me say ex Blue Josh Kennedy previously but of our listed players I'd say Jack Silvagni is our best bet as he can kick straight......

For the same logic and something left field.
Sam Rowe.

Reply #33
I reckon Pickett could do it if we get a hold of a team with a lack of defenders that  can man up smalls.

You know it's gone a bit awry when you have seen Simon Beaumont kick 8 and now not even your good ones can kick half of that.

....in half a game ::)

Reply #34
I'll go with Weiters.
By round 7 I think he'll rack up 5 for the season... ????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #35
Jarrod Pickett

Reply #36
Match or Season?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #37
Match or Season?

I cant see anyone kicking more than 20 for the year........ Maybe Charlie Curnow or Jack Silvagni if they play forward all year.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #38
"I saw him kick 5 in 15 minutes against Essendon at Princes Park one day, but back to our current reality.
Young Silvagni is the only player I could see doing it this season."

Actually I think it was 6 in 10 minutes. Still have the article in my childhood scrapbook somewhere. I often quote to the family , late in a game when we are 5 or 6 goals down, 'Jezza once kicked 6 in 10'.

Reply #39
if he stays injury free, I am confident young SoS can kick 5 in a game, if not this year then at some stage.
I don't know that we have another player capable at this stage in their career
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #40
I would consider Gibbs  as forward opotion  very difficult player to match intelligent, creative  good kick should be able to kick a gaol or Jaksch  a mobile tall with some talent, he's kicked 7 goals in two 2nds practice matches let's see how he goes this week.
We need to mix it around a little it’s been to stagnant and dysfunctional.