Skip to main content
Topic: JLT game 3 (Read 60896 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT game 3

Reply #45
Buckley is a cameo player at best and doesnt get enough of the footy and as suggested at this size you have to be very good with the ball when you do get it and he isnt...

Reply #46
That is very true and we won't make the top four and beyond while our best 22 includes players who don't impact games.

Does anyone think Buckley is even close to our best 22?

What is his position in any event?

Not a defender, not a mid, not a small forward.....

A poor man's Denis Armfield, on current form/ability?

And Army's a filler from here on in.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #47
Buckley is a cameo player at best and doesnt get enough of the footy and as suggested at this size you have to be very good with the ball when you do get it and he isnt...

Romantically, being the son of a great and all, we'd love Bucks to make it but sadly he's another of our 'almost' blokes. Most have been sent packing and I suspect the last of them will leave PP at the end of this year.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #48
Problem I have is that we traded Touhy for an underweight pick and a player, who ended up being Smedts because Caddy, Lang, Cockatoo et al. were either not available or told us to F off.  Thus, there is some weight of expectation for Smedts to balance out the deal, so yes I do have a problem if he ends up another list clogger.  Seriously, I'd only have picked Smedts before about 2 blokes from their list and we got stiffed.

Touhy = Marchbank + Pickett + Smedts.

You think we got stiffed?

What deal would you be happy with?

Reply #49
I am not having a go at the playing of Jaksch. I in fact thought he should've been given at least another week in the 1's.

However, peoples expectations of what he would bring to the side were ridiculously high.

Jaksch played 1 game in the forward line in a team that got flogged then dropped. Which was a shocking way to treat a player.

Reply #50
I'd have not recruited Smedts, Palmer nor Alex Silvagni. Armchair stuff here.

I'd have chased Mick Barlow, Matt deBoer and traded Bryce Gibbs for a 1st rounder (which Adel used on recruiting Jordan Gallucci) plus say Riley Knight, and maybe Harry Dear to add to it, or another depth midfielder. No need to go back over this. We don't have all the details of proposed trade options in this one I suppose.

The Geelong trade of Zach Tuohy made me a little frustrated. Sounds like the Cast baulked at trading a Darcy Lang and Nakia Cockatoo. I probably would have asked for George Horlin-Smith after these two. Anyway. We move on.

Look, I'm happy to wait and see how ALL the player son the senior and rookie lists go. They are Blues now. I'll support them.

Reply #51
Does anyone think Buckley is even close to our best 22?

What is his position in any event?

Not a defender, not a mid, not a small forward.....

A poor man's Denis Armfield, on current form/ability?

And Army's a filler from here on in.

Wing IMHO....

Reply #52
I'd have not recruited Smedts, Palmer nor Alex Silvagni. Armchair stuff here.

I'd have chased Mick Barlow, Matt deBoer and traded Bryce Gibbs for a 1st rounder (which Adel used on recruiting Jordan Gallucci) plus say Riley Knight, and maybe Harry Dear to add to it, or another depth midfielder. No need to go back over this. We don't have all the details of proposed trade options in this one I suppose.

The Geelong trade of Zach Tuohy made me a little frustrated. Sounds like the Cast baulked at trading a Darcy Lang and Nakia Cockatoo. I probably would have asked for George Horlin-Smith after these two. Anyway. We move on.

Look, I'm happy to wait and see how ALL the player son the senior and rookie lists go. They are Blues now. I'll support them.

Barlow had 31 and 29 possies in his two JLT games so far and has been excellent for GC... wont bore people with going over the same ground with my opinions on this though.
Lang didnt want to come to Carlton...local Colac boy and not interested in moving away from the country life...
Cockatoo was seen as the Motlop replacement when SM was in poor physical condition and likely to be moved on.....
I would have done Gibbs for a 1st rounder and Jarrod Lyons but again thats old ground so best move on...not sure what the state of play is with GHS...being a SA lad I reckon he might end up back home if he doesnt cement a spot this season...
Smedts is a player I wouldnt have recruited but one who at the same time interests me as he does have some talent and I hope he delivers as he could be an exciting player to watch...

Reply #54
Jaksch played 1 game in the forward line in a team that got flogged then dropped. Which was a shocking way to treat a player.

I can only conclude, I don't actually know, that Jaksch is failing to meet certain requirements and targets set for him "behind the scenes". Until he meets those he won't be seriously considered for senior selection. It will be tough for him now as he's seriously under the microscope.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #56
Damn - stupid subscription blocker - just do a Google search for :
"Silvagni has passion to lift Blues"

Reply #57
Barlow had 31 and 29 possies in his two JLT games so far and has been excellent for GC... wont bore people with going over the same ground with my opinions on this though.
Lang didnt want to come to Carlton...local Colac boy and not interested in moving away from the country life...
Cockatoo was seen as the Motlop replacement when SM was in poor physical condition and likely to be moved on.....
I would have done Gibbs for a 1st rounder and Jarrod Lyons but again thats old ground so best move on...not sure what the state of play is with GHS...being a SA lad I reckon he might end up back home if he doesnt cement a spot this season...
Smedts is a player I wouldnt have recruited but one who at the same time interests me as he does have some talent and I hope he delivers as he could be an exciting player to watch...

He's a nice size too at 190cm, so can play multiple positions. He certainly has footy talent and footy nous IMO. He is thin though, due to those shoulder injuries.

I'd really like him to add size, and to become a legit AFL mid.

Reply #58
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/carlton-legend-stephen-silvagni-is-committed-to-helping-the-blues-climb-back-up-the-afl-ladder/news-story/9e0c3b76bf5bc242f86a95a7704b19df

At the end of this article SOS gives a small tidbit of info on Jaksch.

Thanks Paul that does give us a little insight. Ties in with a video clip of him under scrutiny at training a few months ago on the club site.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #59
Thanks Paul that does give us a little insight. Ties in with a video clip of him under scrutiny at training a few months ago on the club site.

Yes - sounds like another one who won't pull his finger out.