Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon  (Read 31178 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #45
Our focus, at least for the first half, should be on physicality - at least standing up to the Bummers and even trying to get an edge. Hopefully then we can outplay them in the second half. We just can't be carrying softies for this one and I can see Palmer coming in handy. Kerridge could be handy as a run with player. I would also keep SPS in the team.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
Yes, I'd like to see Palmer and Kerridge in the 22 this week.
Kerridge was terrible during the JLT series, unless he has been a standout in the twos, I say he should be as far away from the MCG as possible on Sunday.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
Kerridge was terrible during the JLT series, unless he has been a standout in the twos, I say he should be as far away from the MCG as possible on Sunday.

Couldn't agree more GIC. An athlete and nothing else. He is a depth player at best and we should be playing the kids who can hit targets as they are the future.

Reply #48
I think BB will be extra keen to win this one imo., losing is starting to get to him. That may mean going for a slightly more mature line up and not bringing in more as yet untried guys.

Reply #49

Fraser said he was a standout in the two's.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #51

And emergency for round 1 - can't be far off selection.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #52
Fair enough then.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #53
Fraser spoke about how brutal Jaksch was in the air and how well he is competing. Might be worth giving him a shot.

Reply #54
Fraser spoke about how brutal Jaksch was in the air and how well he is competing. Might be worth giving him a shot.
Agree however it must be made clear to him that anything less than a "brutal" 4 qtrs effort will result in him back in the 2s quicker than he came into the 1's.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #55
So this was a game I pencilled us in for a possible win, I still stand by that. I dont rate these cheating fecks just yet and I have not seen anything diabolical from our mob to suggest we are no chance. I would love nothing more than to burst their bubble.
Blues by 12 pts

Didn't you pencil in the first 2 games as wins too? Or am i thinking of someone else?!

Reply #56
I think BB will be extra keen to win this one imo., losing is starting to get to him. That may mean going for a slightly more mature line up and not bringing in more as yet untried guys.

He's won one game from his last 14 (not including 0-3 in the preseason!) so i'm not surprised losing is getting to him.

Reply #57
He's won one game from his last 14 (not including 0-3 in the preseason!) so i'm not surprised losing is getting to him.

The life of a senior CFC coach eh?

Reply #58

Think he was 5-zip at Hawthorn and the job looked easy, rebuilds though give you a few years grace and the media/supporters
on the whole seem more understanding than in previous years, maybe the Mathouse experience wasnt all bad and was an educating
experience for those expecting miracles...

Reply #59
Can't Cripps wear a helmet that has padding along the chin strap as protection/precaution.
But I suppose we have to weigh up what is this game worth?
 A shot at the finals?
 Will we go backwards if we lose?
 Will Crippa be worse off if he plays?
...Etc
2024... Moir of the same to come