Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game -Port v Blues R2 (Sat, March 30, 5.10pm) (Read 23291 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 2 - Port v Blues (Sat, March 30, 5.10pm)

Reply #75
Fasolo managed a grand total of 5 touches on Thursday night and 1 goal. He is almost 27yo and has played just over 100 games.
Polson managed 15 touches AND 2 goals 1 in his last match (R23 last year) against Adelaide. Has just turned 21 and has played 13 games.

Obviously, Polson plays defense too. 7 tackles in that last game mentioned above....as opposed to fasolos 1 tackle.

Polson did have that one good game but his JLT form was ordinary and his overall 13 games have been under whelming...the coach may have a love affair with him
but Ken Hinkley wont be losing any sleep or making any grand plans to counter his impact either.
I'm not sure why we recruited Fasalo if we are going to ditch him after one game for a kid who has has no form in the lead up games?

Reply #76
Polson did have that one good game but his JLT form was ordinary and his overall 13 games have been under whelming...the coach may have a love affair with him
but Ken Hinkley wont be losing any sleep or making any grand plans to counter his impact either.
I'm not sure why we recruited Fasalo if we are going to ditch him after one game for a kid who has has no form in the lead up games?

Yep.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #78
Fas will be alright. He just looked a bit under cooked. 

Give him a bit of time in the VFL. Polson or JSOS or Stocker or whoever

Reply #79
Don't know why Gibbons is getting a free pass.  A mature ager from the vfl and barely fired a shot.

Matty Wright was better value than both of them thus far.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80
Don't know why Gibbons is getting a free pass.  A mature ager from the vfl and barely fired a shot.

what were his stats?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #81

I thought that Gibbons did OK but struggled a bit with the tempo and pressure.  I doubt whether he will be able to reproduce his VFL form at AFL level (and he has a different role) but he deserves another couple of games to find his feet.

Matty Wright’s form last season was ordinary and Gibbo’s contribution was comparable.  Fas has some work to do if he is to match Wright at his best.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #82
I expect guys like O'Brien, Stocker and Owies to roll right past them in no time at all!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #83
Gibbons had played one game vs one of the better teams in the comp who we struggle against....he is a pure midfielder being forced to played as a small pressure forward for the first time in a new forward line that is being reconstructed.
McGovern was no star and either was Charlie Curnow.....Gibbons would be on minimal money as a rookie yet he is the fall guy along with Fasalo who had had no decent preseason at all and was a dumb selection.

Gibbons is an accessory player at best who is costing the club peanuts.......McGovern and Charlie Curnow are the ones that need to deliver and who should have the heat on them IMO because they are being paid the big money to win matches.

Gibbons/Polson/Garlett/Jack....no matter who your choice is this week are we really expecting them to be the difference?

Reply #84
Ed Curnow has been pushed out of our MF and is also in an unfamiliar role. He is much better value as a tagger. Not a promising start as a SF.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #85
Gibbons/Polson/Garlett/Jack....no matter who your choice is this week are we really expecting them to be the difference?

Good points, and no I don't expect they will be the difference this week or in the long term either!

However, I expect McGovern, Charlie and Phillips to step up significantly after an otherwise poor week.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #86
We desperately in need of outside run,  Pickett , Lang and O’Brien eventually. How long will it take to get them on the Park?
Inside we’re top notch, Cripps and Kennedy are the battering rams, Walsh will be an exquisite inside midfielder , beautiful hands with great Footy IQ and Stocker a bit later exquisite kick dual sides great bust speed. Ed is our marker , stopping opponents best play maker.
As for small crumping forward we don’t have an elite simple, maybe Fasolo, Murphy and Lang all rotating midfield too, Garlett a long shot.

Reply #87

Fas had no form to speak of, at least polson is fit.

He's had more than 1 good game, but it's a bit like the brownlow, people have a good year.... But only gets recognised a year later.

Reply #89
Apologies - it was meant as a joke - but in retrospect i understand it wasnt appropriate.

Very sorry guys

Good on yer BP.  8)
Reality always wins in the end.