Skip to main content
Topic: God help me - the Test Cricket thread (Read 8584 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: God help me - the Test Cricket thread

Reply #375
Marnus is a saffie EB
He was 10 when they moved, not because he was displaced by a quota!

What we see happening in Saffie cricket, is an accelerated form of what we are going to see across the board in society and industry.

Quotas are a form of standardisation, and standardisation leads to a new level of mediocrity, it is akin to making the fastest runners slower so the slower runners can compete / keep up! A gold star for everybody!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #376
Marnus is a saffie EB
Prof, Marnus and Wessels are the ones I know of who played for Aus but NZ have four in the team at the minute and England have had a very decent return from their imports over the years. Do countries make up their own qualifying rules or is their a ICC rule to cover all... Conway was playing on a visa when he first represented NZ in short format stuff and didn't have citizenship is what I read some where.

Reply #377
And Wessels spent years qualifying.

We're not exactly clean in this field,  but our neighbours across the ditch pimp themselves out in so many sports they'd struggle to field teams if the citizenship regs were actually enforced.  The poms are utterly shameless in this area,  FFS,  Stokes is a kiwi.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?