Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications (Read 29482 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications

Reply #180
I'd fly Dean Rice up to address the team as part of the preparation... a blue collar worker, without star qualities who worked his absolute arse off in the 99 Prelim and was instrumental in the 'win against all odds'. Anything is possible, write your own history, hand over the Prelim Final baton!!!

Reply #181
Spot on Rock
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #182
WTF? WT Flipping F?
Why no Kemp?
Hasn't set a foot wrong, done more that what is expected.
Better than Marchbank.
MC putting the baby out with the bath water. ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #183
Bringing Boyd in seems like a reasonable decision to provide a better balanced defence to combat the Lions but I am surprised that Kemp would be omitted in favour of Marchy. 

I do rate Marchy but Kemp has been very good and seems to have superior pace, a bigger leap and better kicking skills.  The only negative I have seen with Kemp is that he has looked too likely to panic from time to time and March has greater experience.

Reply #184
Bringing Boyd in seems like a reasonable decision to provide a better balanced defence to combat the Lions but I am surprised that Kemp would be omitted in favour of Marchy. 

I do rate Marchy but Kemp has been very good and seems to have superior pace, a bigger leap and better kicking skills.  The only negative I have seen with Kemp is that he has looked too likely to panic from time to time and March has greater experience.
Drawing a long bow RR  ::)

Reply #185
I wonder if they asked Weiters about the decision?

Reply #187
It would be interesting to hear the reason for the Kemp omission
Sub maybe??
But our 'most likely to not get through the game' are our injured mids/wingers :-\

Reply #188
Cheers Rocky! Very good Intel.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #190
Plaudits to Rocky but the Match Committee will either be given the keys to Lygon St or will have to leave the State and go into witness protection....time will tell.

Reply #192
McKay.

It could work. He won't have to stress about goals, but I can't imagine Hipwood or Daniher will be easy match ups for a defensive noob. A crash course from brother Ben might be in order.

Reply #193
If Gunston was playing I reckon Kempy would have kept his spot but Brisbane are going in with two talls and we would have had four talls. It was the right decision but wrong player maybe - time will tell.

Reply #194
Amazing intel Rocky!!! You have all of our attention mate from now on!

On the Boyd selection while i thought he was developing along well he was nervous in his first few games and made some bad turnovers. Throwing him into a prelim is a massive call as we need cool heads more then ever this week as Rayner, Cameron and co will pounce on any turnovers and make us pay. This selection just makes me nervous.

And Jack not able to be picked cause he lacked match fitness - Yet Boyd is ok to play cold in a Prelim ?