Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 80053 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #60
But the legs wouldn't have been wobbly after half time, the commitment sure as hell was though.

They were jelly alright.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #61
Can they suspend Malthouse, we might have a chance!

Rnd 2 the only thing in our favour is Hardwick, who is probably equally ineffective but with less experience!

I suspect they will smash us because they carry the ball well and its Riewoldt that is their issue. If he switches on and Vickery fires, we are in big trouble. I'm not even upset about this loss because I suspected we would be napping, expecting a win. Not one of our players stood out in the top 10 on the night. These are the names on players I will never protect again because enough is enough. Trade or delist.

Warnock
Kreuzer
Garlett
Robinson
McLean
Watson
Walker

They lack true leadership, and have no idea how to get a side over the line. I know its only round one, but its a strong message that needs to be read to these players. Murphy, Gibbs and Thomas need to attract more of the footy, get the body into a contest or do better at finishing in front of goal. Each player has his lack of in one way or another. The money they attract doesn't justify their real earnings.

I won't start on Henderson, Yarran, 2E and a few others. I heard plenty from Curnow which was good, but that is about all I heard, along with Ellard. Sad to be honest.

Everitt, you better be worth your wage. I always had my doubts and you might just justify my concerns.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #62
I think I will cancel the automatic debit thing for membership. They are wasting my money on players and coaches who don't LOVE this club.
The Carlton Football Club in its 150th year is not even a shadow of its former self.
We are no better than Footscray or StKilda... And that sucks.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #63
McInnes and Watson cant play in the same backline together...in fact McInnes is a VFL player only...I'd play White or Giles ahead of him.
Watson always seems a couple of steps off the pace  of the game, not sure where we are headed with him.

Same old Same old...need two Hendersons......every team we play will load up with three talls forward and force us to drag Henderson back.

Game plan.....wont work with this team who dont have the skill level to hit targets all the way along the boundary line, Jamisons kick out off bounds under no pressure was a fine example.

Walker has to play forward to make us more potent, dont like him down back, gets frustrated and lost his cool a couple of times....

Geez EB, you are talking about going back to a game plan of three years ago! That got Ratten the bullet!

Two Hendersons, we don't have one! My insider states he has done a calf and could be out for four to five weeks if it turns out bad.

LP...We wont save games with such an iffy backline so we need to kick more goals to win them...Walker can help up us do that along with Menzel.

I think Ratts recognized the strengths and weaknesses of the team, and was prepared to use them as advantageously as possible. We had pace and attacking flair, and so a game plan was devised accordingly. Not sure if Malthouse is doing this or trying to get the players playing a style they probably can't. EB1 is right. we ain't Hawthorn and our field kicking hasn't improved much over the years.

Reply #64
Malthouse needs to maintain the good things that Ratten did (eg. those two positional moves above) and then work on the other players and try to find a worthwhile role for them if they don't already have one.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it !!

I doubt the MM ego would let that happen, it would be as good as conceding a mistake and that isn't going to happen!

Sticks will fall before MM gets the chop, then MM soon after with Swann to follow I suspect! Tonight the fuse was lit on their end of career fireworks at Carlton!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
Is only round 1 but that was more of the same....

Not sure where the problem is.

Reply #66
Everitt, you better be worth your wage. I always had my doubts and you might just justify my concerns.

Go easy on the new blokes, this was there first experience of our blokes under the pump. We have to judge them over at least half a season!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67

In the head! It's self belief and putting it all on the line for the jumper.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #68

Too many old men, who are too fixed in their old ways and way too stubborn!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
Their better players were just better than ours. Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer etc. should be carrying the side but they're not good enough. Judd is our only champion and he's pretty much at the end.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #70

Same place it's always been. Slightly to the left of the chest and between the ears.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #71
hope a journalist rocks up to the press conference with food
and tells MM " its taste better than the sh1te your team served up tonight"

They should walk in with buckets of KFC, and play a game of chicken, I expect we would lose!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
Their better players were just better than ours. Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer etc. should be carrying the side but they're not good enough. Judd is our only champion and he's pretty much at the end.

Is it that they weren't good enough or that they didn't want it as much? Or both?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #73
That's it for me, we won't progress with Malthouse as coach.  The list is good enough but the gameplan is outdated and the coach can't respond to the opposition's tactics.

Bit of both for me DJ....backline is terrible but the gameplan shows up  poor skills from some players and some of them wont improve in that area.
The gameplan needs to be changed and suit the list and Mick has to be brave enough to say he has got it wrong...

Walker should be not allowed near a Backline.

Resigned the wrong player.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #74
First year in a long time I have zero expectations for this side.   Same crap different bucket.   A lot of good football.   Concede goals on will.  

Lucky I no longer give a stuff.   Port are average.   They made us look second rate.

I think we are all becoming bored with this club & team, it is the same stuff every year, nothing changes. 1995 seems like a lifetime ago now.

Yep. Five years ago I never for one second hesitated when buying my membership.
Since then it's been 90% ... 80% ... etc., until this year I tossed a coin.

Stupid Queen cost me nearly $1,000.
Keyboard warrior #24601