Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 38091 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #90
5 pages and no word on Jack Silvagni. Is he a bit of a protected species??  Didn't see the game at all but others seem to be potted before Jack.

Maybe you should watch the game before making STUPID comments.

For a kid, he goes as hard as anyone. Chases, tackles harasses as good as anyone in our team.
As a fwd, struggles with the poor delivery to him.....as do all our other forwards.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #91
I was worried before we drafted him that he might not turn out to be the player we hoped ,and the Silvagni name may have been ruling our hearts at the expense of our heads
I'm not worried anymore.
I've seen enough.

From memory he was a bottom aged draft pick...correct me if I'm wrong
Jack's still a kid.
A lightly framed kid who in the next couple of years will develop the needed strength.
Importantly he has a football brain and gives a 100% effort.
Surrounded by a couple more talented forwards in a year or two he will be a valuable part of this side.

Reply #92
@ pinot

Inconsistent but still young - he will come good 22-23 years old. Needs to have a couple of A graders around him which he doesn't

Spot on. He's a young kid in a poor forward line.
Time is on his side and on our side 18/12 into a rebuild. Don't think his strongest critics could fault his effort and commitment to developing where/when/how to meet club requirements.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #93
No concerns from me re. Jack at this stage. Has a maturity that belies his years and combines this with youthful exuberance. Is developing well and meeting all reasonable expectations IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #94
One of Jack's strengths is his footy nous.

When his immature body catches up to his mature mind at AFL level, we'll have a clear indication of his worth. Both individually and as part of our team in the coming years.

My guess is that his steely determination to play for Carlton will enable optimal development. If that's good enough relative to his team mates, he'll be part of our next flag (OK, this part is my Carlton dreaming).

Mind matters in elite sport (any performance for that matter). That's where he'll have the edge on his peers. We all have many examples of when "he didn't have the right mindset".
Henry Ford.

Reply #95
No concerns from me re. Jack at this stage. Has a maturity that belies his years and combines this with youthful exuberance. Is developing well and meeting all reasonable expectations IMO.

He'll be a good player, but the current hype isn't matched by the performances. But that doesn't mean he won't be a 200 gamer.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #96
He'll be a good player, but the current hype isn't matched by the performances. But that doesn't mean he won't be a 200 gamer.

I tend to let hype wash over me tbh, but I will admit to being on the Jones bandwagon atm! ☺
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #97
I was worried before we drafted him that he might not turn out to be the player we hoped ,and the Silvagni name may have been ruling our hearts at the expense of our heads
I'm not worried anymore.
I've seen enough.

From memory he was a bottom aged draft pick...correct me if I'm wrong
Jack's still a kid.
A lightly framed kid who in the next couple of years will develop the needed strength.
Importantly he has a football brain and gives a 100% effort.
Surrounded by a couple more talented forwards in a year or two he will be a valuable part of this side.

I think that applies to most of our forwards  :)

Jack is a footballer, not an athlete.  While he lacks pace, he seems to have time to use the ball well.  That was what impressed me about the first time I saw him in the NAB game against Essendon.  I was also impressed with his willingness to "fly the flag" when a team mate was unfairly dealt with (same with Charlie Curnow). He will continue to improve as he builds strength and condition and further develops his footy smarts.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #98
How much does Marchbank look like SOS (senior ) when he wears the long sleeves. Some of his movements I need to do a double take.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #99
How much does Marchbank look like SOS (senior ) when he wears the long sleeves. Some of his movements I need to do a double take.

Yes I've thought the very same, like a SOS / Christou hybrid!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #101
I think that applies to most of our forwards  :)

Jack is a footballer, not an athlete.  While he lacks pace, he seems to have time to use the ball well.  That was what impressed me about the first time I saw him in the NAB game against Essendon.  I was also impressed with his willingness to "fly the flag" when a team mate was unfairly dealt with (same with Charlie Curnow). He will continue to improve as he builds strength and condition and further develops his footy smarts.

I hope he ends up as a goal kicking mid....and no question, he will get stronger, quicker, fitter and smarter (noting he already seems to have a top notch footy head).

Tough gig given his family name, but he does seem a very likeable, humble lad. Kudos to his folks for that!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #102
Just need the 'woof'  ;)

I think it's something to do with the gate, the way they move on from a mark with lateral movement. Williamson has a touch of it as well!

Also with Marchbank, the contested spoil, disposal of opponent and quick recovery.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #103

We've all been saying that SOS must have seen something very special in him. Perhaps that's what it was ;)

Whatever it was, he's not disappointed. A very impressive talented young defender.
Henry Ford.

Reply #104
Was very happy with Kerridge's game.

Only one blunder the OOBF running out of the back pocket.

Super goal too.

Another mature body certainly adds to our midfield mix.... but with Ed Curnow to return, who get chopped out of Cuningham, Fisher or Kerridge?
Finals, then 4 in a row!