Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 74642 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #181
I think as I posted earlier on if teams like Algeria, Ghana, USA and Iran progress then it is very much a World Cup.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #182
My sister is married to a Greek, her father in law was going nuts this morning.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #183
When you have Greece, in their current capacity, progressing further than Italy and Spain you know there's something not quite right about the tournament  ;)

Actually I think you'll find half the Greek side play in Italy themselves, the rest have all been playing Champions League football, the talent is clearly there.

I'm tipping this one stings pretty bad DU, chin up, only another 4 years to go. This is what the second time running Italy has failed to progress from the group stage? I can understand your bitterness. :))

FWIW the Italians were sucked in by the Uruguayans who will try any dirty tactic to put their opponents off their game. Italy got dragged down to their level and paid the price.

We may have failed to progress to the next stage in the past two world cups, however... When was the last time you Greeks got their hands on the coverted trophy PI2C? :P
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #184
When you have Greece, in their current capacity, progressing further than Italy and Spain you know there's something not quite right about the tournament  ;)

Actually I think you'll find half the Greek side play in Italy themselves, the rest have all been playing Champions League football, the talent is clearly there.

I'm tipping this one stings pretty bad DU, chin up, only another 4 years to go. This is what the second time running Italy has failed to progress from the group stage? I can understand your bitterness. :))

FWIW the Italians were sucked in by the Uruguayans who will try any dirty tactic to put their opponents off their game. Italy got dragged down to their level and paid the price.

We may have failed to progress to the next stage in the past two world cups, however... When was the last time you Greeks got their hands on the coverted trophy PI2C? :P

They (the Greek squad) dominated the European cup and won it around the last time we (Italy) last figured prominently in WC..around 2006 I think it was.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #185

The fact you have to resort to that argument says it all.....

Reply #186
Gentlemen, please. Let's not squabble over such things. What's done is done and it doesn't really matter. The important thing is the Italians have been eliminated.

A tournament that has no regard for sportsmanship and fair play is no place for the Italians.

nail on head.

Worst WC tournament in living memory

Mate are you guys serious? The Italians wrote the handbook on that stuff. As for the World Cup most pundits have it as the best ever and I agree.
Nice penalty the Greeks got.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-3CdprY0s
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #188
Still shaking my head at Hannibal the cannibal. Dirty cheating biter.

― Mark Twain

Reply #189
Who should I barrack for in tonight's game Argentina or Nigeria... decisions decisions. Argentina it is .

― Mark Twain

Reply #190
Geez, its raining goals. 2 within 40 seconds of eachother.

― Mark Twain

Reply #191
Thank you to both sides for a wonderful attacking game of football. Can't help but Barack for both of these sides, great entertainment. Italian side should take note.

― Mark Twain

Reply #192
Clear penalty: https://vine.co/v/Mtnxa6HXg7p

That's the one I saw! MBB and Paul, see how he just cuts across his line and takes his leg from under him? Well MBB has already agreed anyway.

Amazing how social media is trying to discredit the Greeks by showing replays of the penalty starting from after the foul. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #193