Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications (Read 48501 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications

Reply #255
What turnaround? I'm a Bolton fan but he has achieved nothing yet.

Turnaround ie we no longer have a prehistoric gameplan and are pleasant to watch. The players seem to have the right attitude. That is a huge achievement so far considering the mess malthouse left us in.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #256
Yes, he sure got that one wrong...lol.

At no stage did I pump up for Malthouse's appointment as senior coach, but I disagreed with Ratten's appointment from day one and was happy to see him gone.
Wanting Ratten gone and being a Malthouse fanboi are not one and the same thing, in fact I've never been particularly taken with Malthouse.
The club butchered both appointments, just as they butchered the two senior coaching appointments prior to them, and just as they butchered the national draft for well over a decade.
It should come as no surprise to any Carlton supporters that we find ourselves on the bottom again and starting from ground zero, inept management of the magnitude that we've practiced since the 1990's comes at a heavy cost.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #257
At no stage did I pump up for Malthouse's appointment as senior coach, but I disagreed with Ratten's appointment from day one and was happy to see him gone.

Even before he took us to the finals, and still afterwards! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #258
Coaches votes

Carlton v Richmond
10 Kane Lambert (Rich)
6 Marc Murphy (Carl)
6 Alex Rance (Rich)
4 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
3 Sam Docherty (Carl)
1 Patrick Cripps (Carl)

Reply #259
Wow so Lambert gets the coach's votes, well done to the kid. Really surprised Cripps only got 1. Shows how much I know.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #260
Coaches votes

Carlton v Richmond
10 Kane Lambert (Rich)
6 Marc Murphy (Carl)
6 Alex Rance (Rich)
4 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
3 Sam Docherty (Carl)
1 Patrick Cripps (Carl)

Pretty accurate appraisal, Rance was good early, Lambert gave them drive late. But that is the story of a opportunity wasted, we had 4 of the best 6 and lost! :(
The Force Awakens!

Reply #261
Coaches votes

Carlton v Richmond
10 Kane Lambert (Rich)
6 Marc Murphy (Carl)
6 Alex Rance (Rich)
4 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
3 Sam Docherty (Carl)
1 Patrick Cripps (Carl)

I would have had Martin in those votes, I thought he was influential enough to help change the game....
Lambert hurts being a ex Northern Blue and a player who we all pontificated about for a few years...

Reply #262
That voting reads as if only the last 15 minutes counted.... Dusty kept them in it for three quarterd.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #263
That voting reads as if only the last 15 minutes counted.... Dusty kept them in it for three quarterd.

Lambert had 28 possessions the most for 9thmond and topped their rankings, he had the equal game high tackles and also took the most marks for them! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #264

I agree. Lambert wasn't sighted in the first half. Didn't deserve 10.

Reply #265
I agree. Lambert wasn't sighted in the first half. Didn't deserve 10.

Really?? ?? ?? Did you turn on at 1/2 time?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #266
Really?? ?? ?? Did you turn on at 1/2 time?

Lambert scored 2/3rds of his SuperCoach points after half time.

Reply #267
Lambert was just about the last guy powering on all cylinders.

He's also bulked waaay up.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #268
Yeah. I'd love to know who was minding him. Couldn't tell as he was often on his own.

Reply #269
Daniel Cherny's votes for the Age footballer of the year:

Marc Murphy (Carlton) 8
Bryce Gibbs (Carlton) 7
Kane Lambert (Richmond) 7
Ty Vickery (Richmond) 7
Sam Lloyd (Richmond) 6

I'm not sure how Vickery got in there.  He did kick 3 goals but did bugger all else.  No love for Martin either.  I guess he wasn't all that consistent.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball