Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Party: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 15528 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Party: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #15
Hopefully the Kruezer contract is done and dusted - the guy is the guts of our team and does not stop even when everyone else does

Reply #16
Hopefully the Kruezer contract is done and dusted - the guy is the guts of our team and does not stop even when everyone else does

Tru Dat!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
Quite a few in today's side who simply simply aren't good enough, and the youngsters failed to flatter today although I liked Williamson's game.
We had four or five first choice players missing and it showed, apart from Kreuzer and Murphy who both plugged away it wasn't easy to find good players.
It was worth watching just to see Franklin, one of the best I've ever seen.
Anyway, onwards and upwards, we'll be a better team next year.
God I hope Ciaran Byrne is OK.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #18
Just had the feeling we played our Grand Final last week. That's what we have to take into next year.

Yes. Let's hope bolts has the v gws and v Hawks games on repeat in the inner sanctum.
It would have been ideal for us to have had a 22round season.

Shame in the end because the boys showed some great progress. Somehow that last game has extra sting.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #19
Quite a few in today's side who simply simply aren't good enough, and the youngsters failed to flatter today although I liked Williamson's game.
We had four or five first choice players missing and it showed, apart from Kreuzer and Murphy who both plugged away it wasn't easy to find good players.
It was worth watching just to see Franklin, one of the best I've ever seen.
Anyway, onwards and upwards, we'll be a better team next year.
God I hope Ciaran Byrne is OK.

Murphy?
Come on he was average and so was his effort

Reply #20
Murphy?
Come on he was average and so was his effort

All I said was that he plugged away, it wasn't one of his best games but he sure wasn't Robinson Crusoe.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #21
All I said was that he plugged away, it wasn't one of his best games.

He didn't plug away on the wing when he had his pants pulled down by a kid.
It was pathetic at best from an average player but our captain???

Reply #22

Kruez was our best ruckman and our best midfielder today. By a country mile.
I know it's unlikely, but it would be fantastic little reward if he got AA. Certainly deserves it in my Navy book.

I think he'll be right up there in our B & F. Good onya Kruez. The youngsters won't want for a positive role model while you're around. Tremendous season.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #23
He didn't plug away on the wing when he had his pants pulled down by a kid.
It was pathetic at best from an average player but our captain???

If Murphy is an average player we are in deep trouble.

Reply #24
We've played them twice for a win and a loss, that makes us even afaIc. Looking forward to next time now.

Reply #25
I'll focus on the season as a whole more so than today. It's been encouraging. The only game that really annoyed me alot was the Brisbane game. Today, while not that happy, I half expected and it's not going to affect much anyway.

Reply #26
I'll focus on the season as a whole more so than today. It's been encouraging. The only game that really annoyed me alot was the Brisbane game. Today, while not that happy, I half expected and it's not going to affect much anyway.

That's a fair post Jim. I never expected us to win, as the Swans are superior to us in every way. But I just wish it was an honorable, hard fought loss, and not a capitulation / humiliation. The Brisbane game was not great by any means, but today we just rolled over, very meekly. I was hoping this was a thing of the past.

Reply #27

Yep it's hard to positive about anything but Kruezer effort today.
I don't think too many would be looking him in the eye tonight.
He should be
Made skipper for a year or two

Reply #28
That's a fair post Jim. I never expected us to win, as the Swans are superior to us in every way. But I just wish it was an honorable, hard fought loss, and not a capitulation / humiliation. The Brisbane game was not great by any means, but today we just rolled over, very meekly. I was hoping this was a thing of the past.

Most things are a thing of the past, just not round 23s.

Reply #29
I'd like to wish Dennis all the best for the future.

Thanks for the effort, heart, positivity and highlights.
The Force Awakens!