Skip to main content
Topic: Blues V Hawks - R13 - In Game thread (Read 60004 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues V Hawks - R13 - In Game thread

Reply #106
Could have notched up those last 2 losses if Judd was playing.

Need to stop roli!!!!!!!!

Reply #108
Won that qtr by 1 pt. Yay!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #109
Judd is back to that clean handling of the ball. Still rusty bit some life in the old man still.

Cas took some incredible marks and their defenders have no chance in the air.

We're too lazy to play one on one but I think this is one our better performances.

Reply #110
Oh and another thing, for all his grit and determination, you can bet your Niagara falls that Robbo will not take a contested mark

You're kidding right?

No, he NEVER EVER, all right, I won't be as dogmatic. He has a one out of ten average taking a contested mark. That last one before the siren was a prime example.

Putting his hands up in the air as he does means that he will NEVER FKN EVER take a contested mark. If he had the ability to take a contested mark, he would have taken that one.

Reply #111
Told you, Robbo cannot take a contested mark.

Because he ain't 7ft tall. Foolish

He was in the front position, got his hands on the ball, but it didn't stick. that's three times tonight so far in a contested situation.

take the blinkers off, and put aside the bias and call it for what it is. he can't take a contested mark.

Reply #112
Never thought I'd be typing these words, but Cas is keeping us in the game. Good to see. Nice work son.

Judd, Carrots, Cas good.
Yazz unsighted.
Rowe ok.
Gibbs, ok but a little too much pack skirting for my liking.

Reply #113
Ihave it on good authority that Waite will have to be knocked unconscious in front of all three umpires and he still wont get a free kick

No doubt they'd give a free kick against him for staging!

Never a truer word has been said. (both posts)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #114
Umpires a joke.

Casboult has a chance here to really stamp himself on the competition as an up and coming star. That mark was as good as I've seen.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #115
Are the Carlton players avoiding Waite? Has had the spud Schoenmaker on toast plenty of times and ignored.

Still, good on him for his off the ball work which has been fantastic

Reply #116
Breakout game for the Cas !

Reply #117
Hodge Captain, Murphy captain. What a huge difference in ability and leadership. Can we swap them?

Reply #118
Another farcical display by the maggots.
What does Waite have to do to get a free, that tackle was a great running tackle.
Umpires obviously don't see our boys have there arms chopped. Hodges on Robbo on the wing was bright as day..
It's time for the club to get on the front foot and bag the umpiring frat club.

It's time to lift the skill level and beat these bunch of honey poo eaters.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #119
We're giving it a good crack again but Hawthorn are more polished, their field kicking is better, they make space better, they know where to run, they have one player instinctively sag off to receive the get out ball, they're just an all around better football team.
Great to see big Levi kick straight for a change and that pack mark was as good as I've seen from someone in a Carlton jumper for years, Rowe doing OK but we really miss Jamison, Waite playing a good game which probably means he'll have a shocker next week, Daisy's skills are a cut above most of his team mates.
We're still in with a chance but Hawthorn will need to slacken off and start making a few mistakes.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.